over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experiences Running Keto Diet on Gear

smackthatAAS

Registered
Pretty much the title, for those who have run keto diets (cutting or bulking) while on gear how did it go?

Whether it was a true Keto (no carb ups) or a CKD (weekly carb ups) please post thoughts or experiences...

I've done a CKD diet while on tren and got phenomenal results as far as fatloss goes. Strength wasn't as good as when I ate carbs with each meal, but the fatloss was far better. If I wanted to get as lean as possible as fast as possible (without using DNP), I would do CKD with tren.

I've done a CKD diet while on tren and got phenomenal results as far as fatloss goes. Strength wasn't as good as when I ate carbs with each meal, but the fatloss was far better. If I wanted to get as lean as possible as fast as possible (without using DNP), I would do CKD with tren.

Any muscle?

I wasn't recomping, I was going for pure bf loss. I didn't lose any muscle (that I know of), but I know I didn't gain any.

Gotcha. Last question I swear lol how far below maintenance cals were you?

I didn't count calories, I ate when hungry. It's harder to gauge hunger when there are no carbs, but I figured it out after a while of experimenting.
If I had to guess, I probably was around 500 cals below maintenance, I was really concerned with fat loss and was willing to spare a little muscle if it meant getting lean faster. The muscle would always come right back after I reintroduced carbs.

I wont call it Ketogenic because I am sure the amount of calories I was on added up and had enough fiber and protein turnover to supply enough glucose to muscles and brain.

It was very high fats however for off-season. Were talking BK quad stackers (peeled buns, no ketchup) twice a day sometimes and easily 1 lb of nut butters

Lots of dense foods with high calorie content. Stayed leaner, stayed strong and yes I did a 8 hr cheat-o-thon on 1 weekend day.

-FF

I wont call it Ketogenic because I am sure the amount of calories I was on added up and had enough fiber and protein turnover to supply enough glucose to muscles and brain.

It was very high fats however for off-season. Were talking BK quad stackers (peeled buns, no ketchup) twice a day sometimes and easily 1 lb of nut butters

Lots of dense foods with high calorie content. Stayed leaner, stayed strong and yes I did a 8 hr cheat-o-thon on 1 weekend day.

-FF

Liking the sound of that. Doy ou think the type of gear played more of a role than the diet or vice versa?

-FF

Very interesting FF; would you say this is a valid way to gain mass in the offseason for less insulin sensitive individuals?

Liking the sound of that. Doy ou think the type of gear played more of a role than the diet or vice versa?

I was essentially 'cruising' back then (350/week T enan) so I would say the nutrition played more of a roll than some low(ish) dose T

This was before Vitamin G, peps etc.... kept it real simple and relied heavily on NUTRITION.

-FF

Very interesting FF; would you say this is a valid way to gain mass in the offseason for less insulin sensitive individuals?

I would say so --- however I do know that for the guys with faster metabolic rates (myself included) they can get by with the denser 'less healthy' fats -- meaning the peeled buns burgers, copious amount of PB, bacon etc...

I have always felt ectomorphic guys (if experimenting with Keto) needs MORE pro inflammatory fats/proteins. The arachidonic acid initiated growth factor signaling and kept me fuller, and more vascular opposed to high omega-3 and omega-9's ----> which I WOULD suggest to huskier people as their insulin levels are not that efficient.

-FF

I haven't run any gear, but I have done keto and a similar diet to what Matt described in the past. High calorie, protein, and fats with carbs in the keto range and I lost bodyfat and gained muscle as a natty. So, I can imagine this is even more of a possibility on. What I did was keep my calories above maintenance, my carbs down around 50g/day with a single carb refeed day. I've been thinking about going back to that because it worked so well.

I've had exp with both;
True Keto - Was losing 4-5lbs a week (some of which was muscle) but was losing an avg of .7-.9%bf per week. Strength was awful. Only ran "designer steroids"

CKD - Kept strength, if not gained a little during the first few weeks. It got me lean fast, although not as fast as on a true keto. Lost probably 3lbs a week and didnt even have to do cardio :) Was running test&deca

IMO keto can be great but you almost need anabolics to retain muscle while dieting. We do "need" carbs to fuel us during the workout so a weekly refeed is required IMO. Another interesting note, taking carbs out of the diet removes the mood swings that we get from limited carb intake...even with the weekly refeed I felt great the whole prep.

....Maybe it was just from being so flat and "looking leaner" but I've never had the depth in the seperation in my legs as I did when I was on keto.

....Maybe it was just from being so flat and "looking leaner" but I've never had the depth in the seperation in my legs as I did when I was on keto.

That's been my experience as well.

I used keto with some winny, superdrol , clen and t3 during my starting years of aas. I remember it was the first time I ever got "shredded", although I do recall I looked ALOT flatter then when cutting with carbs, but it just seems like I got into much better shape that way, Ill be experimenting with it again soon , but this time with test and tren.

I know a pro who just told me a few weeks ago they tried it while prepping for a show and came in really flat and won't ever do it again.

I know a pro who just told me a few weeks ago they tried it while prepping for a show and came in really flat and won't ever do it again.

I've heard it doesn't usually work well with the bigger guys but I'm not planning on stepping on stage or anything like that.

I've heard it doesn't usually work well with the bigger guys but I'm not planning on stepping on stage or anything like that.

Keto was supposedly how Kai Greene came in with a much tighter waist/better conditioning this year than he ever has.

i ran a keto for 13 weeks for a hol i went on in aug. was 13.5st at start and got down to 11st7lb using one rip, and dnp. i carbed up every 10th day

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear