over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

fat intake

TheoneanOnly

Banned
I know that there are diff opinions when it comes to fat intake because of genetics and other factors, but can I hear everyones opinions on fat intake for bodybuilders when getting ready for a show. I myself take in .25 x my body weight, WHAT IS YOURS FAT INTAKE PER BODY POUND?

IMO 1gr x kg is a good standard to use..

again, it will depend on each person, who migh have to add much more ch than fats.. or reduce ch and add more fats.. depending on the final goals..

Last edited:
I'm not competing but right now I eat ~300g fat daily and I'm pretty lean. Carbs are pretty low though, 175-ish PWO and 0 on rest days.

I'm not competing but right now I eat ~300g fat daily and I'm pretty lean. Carbs are pretty low though, 175-ish PWO and 0 on rest days.

Wow!! 300g:) That must be fun to be able to eat that way:D I gain weight easy myself, so I only take it about 60g per day. Everyones is different though.

PS. I wouldn't mind hearing a rule of thumb on fat intake myself:lightbulb:

You must have a hyper thyroid...Must be nice to eat what you want and not get fat:eek:

You must have a hyper thyroid...Must be nice to eat what you want and not get fat:eek:

Lol. Nah, my thyroid is fine bro. It's not all about calories. I only eat carbs to fuel glycolytic activity. Otherwise my body runs off of fat.

Think of it this way, eating 600-700 carbs a day, like a traditional bb'er gives your body 2400-2800 calories as fuel. If you don't eat carbs and use fat for fuel, wouldn't it make sense that you still need the same caloric intake. So 300g of fat gives me 2700 calories as fuel. It called being fat-adapted. More stable energy throughout the day because insulin levels are lower and more stable, easier to stay lean because insulin is controlled, and actually healthier.

And I certainly don't just eat why I want. I'm in my phone now but can post a sample diet if anyone cares. All healthy, whole, unprocessed foods. Against the grain a little and unconventional I suppose. Mauro do Pasquale has similar theories on diet though.

Nice input Pharm_Fed.

Guys just remember that everyone is different. No way I could eat that many fats and still stay in the shape I am...ha

I really likes the idea if how pharm fed eats and think it would suit a lot of people. However for some reason the more carbs i eat the leaner i seem to get, they just Stoke up my metabolism. I have to up fats a lot to gain weight as I just can't gain weight on carbs for some reason. I never seem to get any insulin resistance on gh or when using insulin and I believe it my insulin sensitivity that let's me eat this way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. Nah, my thyroid is fine bro. It's not all about calories. I only eat carbs to fuel glycolytic activity. Otherwise my body runs off of fat.

Think of it this way, eating 600-700 carbs a day, like a traditional bb'er gives your body 2400-2800 calories as fuel. If you don't eat carbs and use fat for fuel, wouldn't it make sense that you still need the same caloric intake. So 300g of fat gives me 2700 calories as fuel. It called being fat-adapted. More stable energy throughout the day because insulin levels are lower and more stable, easier to stay lean because insulin is controlled, and actually healthier.

And I certainly don't just eat why I want. I'm in my phone now but can post a sample diet if anyone cares. All healthy, whole, unprocessed foods. Against the grain a little and unconventional I suppose. Mauro do Pasquale has similar theories on diet though.

Sounds to me like you like being in KETO:lightbulb: I myself would rather take in complex carbs for energy and use them as fuel, then using fat as fuel. You still are going to have a steady flow of energy all day, and your levels stay good. I see you reasoning for what you are trying to do. To each his own.

Sounds to me like you like being in KETO:lightbulb: I myself would rather take in complex carbs for energy and use them as fuel, then using fat as fuel. You still are going to have a steady flow of energy all day, and your levels stay good. I see you reasoning for what you are trying to do. To each his own.

Not quite keto. There is a difference between ketosis and being fat-adapted.

I am also grain and gluten free so most of the traditional bodybuilding foods are things I don't eat. This is from my personal belief that human genetics are not evolved to properly digest such things. I am more of a Primal/Paleo believer. So it's not just energy but, optimal bodily function, leanness, health, etc. The benefits are plenty. :)

Not quite keto. There is a difference between ketosis and being fat-adapted.

I am also grain and gluten free so most of the traditional bodybuilding foods are things I don't eat. This is from my personal belief that human genetics are not evolved to properly digest such things. I am more of a Primal/Paleo believer. So it's not just energy but, optimal bodily function, leanness, health, etc. The benefits are plenty. :)

Are you 100% sure you are not in KETO though:lightbulb: Do you use KETO STYX????

Are you 100% sure you are not in KETO though:lightbulb: Do you use KETO STYX????

Yes I am sure. Keto sticks are not very accurate. Ketones do many things, some stay in your body some are excreted. Some are voided in urine, some in your breath. You could be in ketosis and the strip still not be dark purple. And vice versa.

Anyway, generally it takes 50g of carbs or less to be in ketosis. Mine are not low enough.

Read up about the difference between ketosis and being fat adapted.

Yes I am sure. Keto sticks are not very accurate. Ketones do many things, some stay in your body some are excreted. Some are voided in urine, some in your breath. You could be in ketosis and the strip still not be dark purple. And vice versa.

Anyway, generally it takes 50g of carbs or less to be in ketosis. Mine are not low enough.

Read up about the difference between ketosis and being fat adapted.

Actually its 20 or less to be in KETO, but at least you have and Idea of whats going on with your body. So thats a good thing:) Other than that, it looks like you did a little research on Keto, so cudo's to you brother:headbang: Some of the stuff you posted is right on the net when you research KETO..:) And Keto styx do work VERY accurate. The only way they dont is when you they get dried out, or pass their exp date....Its says that right on the package:) along with a couple other factors of course...

PS. Sorry to steal your thunder Theoneanony...back to your question again about fat intake:D

Last edited:
Actually its 20 or less to be in KETO, but at least you have and Idea of whats going on with your body. So thats a good thing:) Other than that, it looks like you did a little research on Keto, so cudo's to you brother:headbang: Some of the stuff you posted is right on the net when you research KETO..:) And Keto styx do work VERY accurate. The only way they dont is when you they get dried out, or pass their exp date....Its says that right on the package:) along with a couple other factors of course...

PS. Sorry to steal your thunder Theoneanony...back to your question again about fat intake:D

Well it will vary by individual and depending on whom you ask so actually there is no set number but 50 is a pretty standard average for ketosis to kick in. This is a good post about ketosis.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-mark-ketosis/#axzz2PeH9Sx8t

And I think you missed the point about ketone sticks. They may accurately measure the ketones in your urine, but that is not an accurate measurement of the degree of ketosis inside your body. Maybe that was unclear.

**broken link removed**

4th or 5th link is his ebook...a great quick read ;)

Well we could all post up internet bull all we want, but I dont think that proves anything. The rule of thumb for the most will be 20G or less for getting into Keto, but more individualized,,,I probaly know more about Keto here than most seeing I go into KETO every year when I compete, but thats here no there. IM NOT TRYING TO SEE WHO HAS THE LONGEST COCK:naughty: Now back to make question again because you ALL got off subject:D

ANYMORE TAKERS FOR FAT INTAKE DAILY?

Well we could all post up internet bull all we want, but I dont think that proves anything. The rule of thumb for the most will be 20G or less for getting into Keto, but more individualized,,,I probaly know more about Keto here than most seeing I go into KETO every year when I compete, but thats here no there. IM NOT TRYING TO SEE WHO HAS THE LONGEST COCK:naughty: Now back to make question again because you ALL got off subject:D

ANYMORE TAKERS FOR FAT INTAKE DAILY?

lol. Ok bro, whatever you say...

Some people just want to always be right theoneanonly;) Your kicking the deadhorse brother. Leave it alone man:D they been here before you, so they know everything.:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws