over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Final cutting advice

thym43

Newbies
Holy shit!! coming up on 3 weeks to show, Just started back on clen for 2 weeks, Everything for me is cardio and reps right now. I Keep my water intake up, but have started to drop it a bit to start the drying out process. took my clen this morning (I split it up over the early part of the day, 40 mcg) and proceeded to cramp up both hams two hours later, then serratus, F-ing crazy, I'm knotting up all over the damn place. I have drank a 1/2 gal. Of water so far to day and I'm half way through the day. Carbs are at 200 grams as is protien. Any suggestions as to how I can avoid these cramps. Am i starting too soon on my drying process, should I up my carbs a bit. any experienced suggestions would be appreciated.

at 3 weeks out i wouldnt be worried about cutting water. so i would drink as much as possible u have plenty of time to worry about that. alot of people do complain of cramping from clen so your not alone. i personally dont even use it, i just use an over the counter fat burner i feel they work just as well(for me) . as far as carbs go it depends what you look like, if u still have some body fat to lose i wouldnt start adding any carbs at this point. so try drinking more water possibly supplement potassium as well and if it continues i would get rid of it and try an over the counter fat burner you would be surprised how strong thoughs things are now a days good luck...

Bro you are going about this slightly wrong. From now you want to drink as much water as you can carry. Around 3 gallons per day. You do this right up to about 24hrs from your show. At that point drink only about a half gallon for that 24hr peroid. This will get rid of sub-q water and leave the muscles full. Also keeep the cardio going but keep the poundages up in the gym. You now need to hang on to every ounce of muscle you can. High reps will not do this. Train as you normally do in the off season. Just do not attempt max lifts.

Drop carbs to 100gms per day. With at least 50 of thiose post workout. Increase your protein to around 450 gms per day. take in some good fats and you will drop the rest of the fat off. You are cramping because of low water and or calcium/magnesium. Take a cal/mag supplement.

Last edited:
Bro you are going about this slightly wrong. From now you want to drink as much water as you can carry. Around 3 gallons per day. You do this right up to about 24hrs from your show. At that point drink only about a half gallon for that 24hr peroid. This will get rid of sub-q water and leave the muscles full. Also keeep the cardio going but keep the poundages up in the gym. You now need to hang on to every ounce of muscle you can. High reps will not do this. Train as you normally do in the off season. Just do not attempt max lifts.

Drop carbs to 100gms per day. With at least 50 of thiose post workout. Increase your protein to around 450 gms per day. take in some good fats and you will drop the rest of the fat off. You are cramping because of low water and or calcium/magnesium. Take a cal/mag supplement.

thanks bro. My first cut and my first show. have had some guidance but not what i need right now. i don't want to lose anything before the show. Carbs to 100 Protien up to 450. My week 5 pics are in the judges section if you want to take a look. appreciate the input.:D

thanks bro. My first cut and my first show. have had some guidance but not what i need right now. i don't want to lose anything before the show. Carbs to 100 Protien up to 450. My week 5 pics are in the judges section if you want to take a look. appreciate the input.:D
Hey bro, your pics look good. i can't comment in that forum as it is for judges but DAMN, really solid set of pins there! After this show I would focus on upper body thickness to balance those f'ing wheels of yours!:D Shoulders and back come to mind. Probably add an inch to those guns also. Easier said than done eh? But still do-able. At 5 weeks you look on target. Just focus on the training that built that physique and nail the diet! The whole trick to water retention lies in the water itself. If you hyperhydrate in the weeks leading up to your show the body adjusts to having all the water it needs, so no need to hold any. by only taking in the small quantity 24hrs prior to the show your body will not store as much. it will rid itself of water everytime you sip on your half gallon. You can only get away with this for this period of time before the body realizes what is going on! Good luck and put up some pics just before your show!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear