YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Figure Competition--8wks out thoughts on diet/cardio?

costadawguva

Registered
Hi all,
My gf will be participatng in her first figure competition aug 14th as a novice. Below is what's been recommended to her for diet, cardio and supplements at 8wks out.
She understands everyone responds differently to diff regimes and she will know her body through trial an error but this post is to see if some vets out there would feel strongly about maybe NOT incorporating some items--diet, supps, cardio amounts etc...

PS ignore the numbered cardio programs they are way too elaborate to list here she basically will be doing 30-40min cardio sessions 2x/day 6days/wk>
She is also doing a 5-day weight training split, 2 days on 1 day off--moderate weight, high volume, high reps.

thanks guys for any feedback!

WAKE UP: Drink 16 oz of water and take regular minerals, vitamins and St Johns Wart
MEAL ONE: Eat 4 egg whites with 2 Tbsp of grits w/ 1 Tbsp of glutamine and a dose of B-complex.
MEAL TWO: Eat 4 oz of chicken, 1 cup, of green beans or broccoli
CARDIO: Do 10 minutes of steepest elliptical followed by 20 minutes of hard step mill and a 1 mile run three days. Three other days do programs #21, #23 and #24 e
POST WORKOUT: Eat 4 oz of roughy and 3 plain rice cake here and take b-complex and glutamine.
SNACK: Eat 4, 3 inch celery sticks
MEAL THREE: Eat 3 egg whites with 1 whole egg and 10 asparagus spears and 1000 mgs of vitamin C
TRAIN/CARDIO: Do programs #12 and #5 followed by 15 minutes of abs two days Two other days sprint 10, 40 yarders then straight run for 10 minutes outside Two other nights do programs #14 and #8
MEAL FOUR: Eat 2 oz of flank, 2 egg whites and 2 oz of chicken with a 4 oz yam and take glutamine and b-complex
SNACK: Eat 2, 4 inch slices of watermelon
MEAL FIVE: Eat a small salad with 1 cup of diced mixed veggies of your choice added to it with 1 plain rice cake and balsamic vinegar
NIGHT TIME: If you wake up eat 3 oz of tuna

TAKE DAILY (for now)
• Take a recommended dose both L-tyrosine and Kelp daily
• 200 mgs of B-Complex where proscribed
• 1000 mgs of Vitamin C after cardios and training
• Take 400 mgs of Vitamin E
• Drink a minimum of 2.0 gallons of water daily
• Whole, organic, or fresh foods are better than frozen, frozen is better than canned
• 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night and 8 to 10 on the weekends if at all possible
• Take a recommended dose of Milk Thistle daily for next four weeks,.

Take a dose of Esterocort from this address **broken link removed**
If you train at 7 at night then move the watermelon and meal five up before you train and follow training with meal four
linz 6-14 frnt.jpg

linz 6-14 back.jpg

I would have her add some healthy fats if her carbs are going to be that low. I mean, how many carbs are in 2 tablespoons of grits?

did u contact kim oddo for this diet??

this looks exactly like what he recommends to figure girls.

With my expierence'd the ladies need some good fats if carbs are going to be really low...

thanks guys for the quick response
She's 5'4, 133lbs, 27yrs old

Wolfpack & Huge C2--She looks to be taking in about 120g of carbs/day(rice cakes, yams, grits& watermelon)...I agree looks like all I'm seeing is an egg yolk and possibly some fat in the steak department...you guys think just simply throwing in evoo on top of few meals would suffice? What you think of carb timing?

Flexingtonsteele--no, she said apparently it's someone comparable to kim oddo though(not sure if against rules to mention who if not from this board)

Any feedback on body composition/weaknesses etc besides losing more bf?

Wolfpack & Huge C2--She looks to be taking in about 120g of carbs/day(rice cakes, yams, grits& watermelon)...I agree looks like all I'm seeing is an egg yolk and possibly some fat in the steak department...you guys think just simply throwing in evoo on top of few meals would suffice? What you think of carb timing?

Flexingtonsteele--no, she said apparently it's someone comparable to kim oddo though(not sure if against rules to mention who if not from this board)

LAst diet i did for my girl (halfstack on here) we kept everything stable for the most part.. Except at night where she had more fat than carbs coming from 4oz of salmon and a cup of broc... We really didnt do fats from meats except salmon.. All the fats came from either almonds or EVO.... She got SUPER lean.. For the first 6 weeks or her 8 week prep she did one hr cardio a.m and 1 hour p.m.... After that it was 45 min in am before food.. last 3 weeks she did sprints for 25 minutes 30 sec on 1 minute walking to lean out the legs more.. i really never added up macros but kept erevything 4oz pro. 1cup green veggies and EOD she had a half a yam at everyother meal... She also had 1/2 cup of oats for breakfast ED.. Keep in mind we are all different and this was for her and it worked well.. She was lean at the end of 16 weeks... Hope im not putting to much info out there but i thought it would give you an idea of something to try out for her.. If all else fails hire someone.. Phil is great, he is working with halfstack now and she looks amazing...

LAst diet i did for my girl (halfstack on here) we kept everything stable for the most part.. Except at night where she had more fat than carbs coming from 4oz of salmon and a cup of broc... We really didnt do fats from meats except salmon.. All the fats came from either almonds or EVO.... She got SUPER lean.. For the first 6 weeks or her 8 week prep she did one hr cardio a.m and 1 hour p.m.... After that it was 45 min in am before food.. last 3 weeks she did sprints for 25 minutes 30 sec on 1 minute walking to lean out the legs more.. i really never added up macros but kept erevything 4oz pro. 1cup green veggies and EOD she had a half a yam at everyother meal... She also had 1/2 cup of oats for breakfast ED.. Keep in mind we are all different and this was for her and it worked well.. She was lean at the end of 16 weeks... Hope im not putting to much info out there but i thought it would give you an idea of something to try out for her.. If all else fails hire someone.. Phil is great, he is working with halfstack now and she looks amazing...

I did forget to mention she is severely allergic to any dairy.. So she cant even have whey so she ate egg whites (24-25g worth) in between meals with about 8 almonds...

She is looking good buddy. Nice lines, good shoulders nice hammys but just as you mentioned its just the diet now. I would NOT have her do novice by the way. She can do well in an Open division for sure as long as her stage presence is good.

Also, I know everyone wants to help and has their own feedback but the WORST thing you can do is start adding or subtracting things to or from her diet beacuse they dont look quite right. Shes on a plan and it will change periodically.... You dont know how bad i wanted to do that to my wifes diet over the last 2 years but resisted and each time she came in even better. It looks like your girl is working with Mike Davies as thats very similar to what he does diet wise. My wife worked with him last year and what he recs works for sure. My opinion...there are different/better/other figure girl programs out there but this one will surely get here to where she wants to be.

if she is working with sombody then stay the course , if you start taking advice from several differant people then you are gonna end up way off track from anybody.

"to many chefs spoil the soup"

I might try having her do cardio at differant time , maybe fasted in the am

The diet looks quite complicated, she has awesome potential and if she gets lean will like do very well.

if she is working with sombody then stay the course , if you start taking advice from several differant people then you are gonna end up way off track from anybody.

Yep :)

Agreed.. I just always like to hear what others are saying, but ya if she is working with someone the two of you just have to trust in that person that she will get to were she needs to be...

she looks good dude, nice shape.

like the other guys on here have said, u paid someone for their expertise so use it.

good luck to her!

Thanks!

Hey all! Costa's girlfriend speaking here. Thanks so much for your feedback! :) I was hesistant about the diet having followed a completely different diet before when I did a really small bodybuilding show in 2005. Leaned out really nicely (8% bf) but probably a little too lean for figure then. Wasn't so sure about the rice cakes seeing that they are more processed and also the watermelon post cardio at night. Just thought maybe avoiding carbs after evening cardio was best. Not gonna lie, I feel like I am more softer just on day 2 of this diet because my carb intake is higher than before. Hopefully it'll shock my body some. I'm gonna give this diet a try, resubmit photos often to measure progress and update the diet as I get closer to the show. Afterall, it's all about trial and error and certainly varies from person to person. There is always the next show and hopefully I will take what I learned from this one and apply it to the next one if I do another. Thanks again for your thoughts. ~Linz

Hungry Hungarian:
I would definitely love to do Open but because I am completely new to figure, the OCB federation won't allow me to do Open. I am classified as "debut." Since my show is in August, I'd like to do another show shortly after August. Didn't mention that I am also doing the fitness model along with figure for the OCB Pres Cup in August. Any recommendations as far as federations considering that I am novice? I am not sure what kind of potential I have here, but eventually, I'd like to gain the experience and do the Fitness America Pageant (figure/sports model) and the Women's TriFitness, which has an athletic discipline added to it (obstacle course, bench press, box jumps, shuttle, etc).

Hungry Hungarian:
I would definitely love to do Open but because I am completely new to figure, the OCB federation won't allow me to do Open. I am classified as "debut." Since my show is in August, I'd like to do another show shortly after August. Didn't mention that I am also doing the fitness model along with figure for the OCB Pres Cup in August. Any recommendations as far as federations considering that I am novice? I am not sure what kind of potential I have here, but eventually, I'd like to gain the experience and do the Fitness America Pageant (figure/sports model) and the Women's TriFitness, which has an athletic discipline added to it (obstacle course, bench press, box jumps, shuttle, etc).

Hey Linz, I'm not familiar with that organization...I was just assuming you were doing a NPC show. You certainly have the physique to do well in a NPC contest as long as you're diet is on (which it appears to be) and you practice the heck out of your walk and posing. If you're athletic and enjoy that type of thing you would probably really have fun with WTF (womens tri fitness). My wife did that for nearly 10 years before switching to NPC figure last year. She actually took 2nd overall in 2007 and 3rd overall in 2008 and won the obstacle course both years! She had a lot of fun doing that!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws