over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fish oil supplements

what about just taking doctor udos omeg oil thats suppose to have one of the best ratiols of oil.

What is arachadonic acid? If I don't want it I guess I need to know what the heck it is.

actually i just read that fraction distilled fish oil is the best method even better than molecular distilled.

the onl 2 brnds i foun was dr sears and pbl makes one. this typ of fish oil aint cheap the pbl is almost half the cost of dr sears at bodybuilding.com though. i think this is what i will go with. thes 2 are the only 2 pharmaceutical grade i found.

So, to reiteratemy questions, what is the difference between flax oil and fish oils? There are essential fatty acids in both and that is the point yes? And they both lower blood cholesterol levels?

Re: Just kidding

PHIL HERNON said:
Yes, my nephrologist told me tha taking too many tabs will make the kidneys swell and you will lose protein in the urine. Now thi samount varies in each individual, but I was taking 15 capsules per day at 400mg EPA and 200mg DHA per cap. I use Dr. Sears Fish oils. I wonder how they harvest the oil from fish. Do they squeeze the fish together like they do olives?
Phil,they actually grind the fish then centrifuge the meat to separate the meal from the oils, the meal is used for cat food etc. the oils for medicine,makeup etc. Believe me, when they crank up those Menhaden(the type of fish)plants, called pogues down here, you don't want to be down wind!:eek:
FYI,
GF

can someone recommend a particular brand thats high in EPA?

anything above 400mg.

Fish Oil doesn't get any better than Res_Q 1250. My doctor recommended it to reduce my cholesterol which it did. It is much purer than what you buy from supplement companies and health food stores. They refer to those fish oils as junk oils because of the lack of purity. According to my doctor,the only thing purer that Res-Q is a new perscription drug called Omacor which just came out about a month ago.

Here's the link for Res-Q:

**broken link removed**

Forgot to mention the most important thing:

Each capsule of Res-Q contains 390-430 mg EPA, 300-325 mg DHA, and 50-100 mg of other Omega 3 Fatty Acids for a total of 750-850 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acids in each capsule.

You can get it cheaper at this link:

**broken link removed**

Phlmuscle said:
Fish Oil doesn't get any better than Res_Q 1250. My doctor recommended it to reduce my cholesterol which it did. It is much purer than what you buy from supplement companies and health food stores. They refer to those fish oils as junk oils because of the lack of purity. According to my doctor,the only thing purer that Res-Q is a new perscription drug called Omacor which just came out about a month ago.

I can get Omacor without a prescription, in fact, I was on it last month. But its expensive. I was wondering whether there's a cheaper alternative.

Omacor's like $60 for 30 tabs.

Last edited:
I don't think you are talking about the same Omacor. The usual and customary price is $160.00 for a bottle of 120. Taking 4 a day is a one month's supply. If you get is as a perscription it costs much less. I paid $55.00 for a bottle of 120.

The closest you can come to it is Res_Q which is $54.00 plus shipping for a month's suypply.

Phlmuscle said:
I don't think you are talking about the same Omacor. The usual and customary price is $160.00 for a bottle of 120. Taking 4 a day is a one month's supply. If you get is as a perscription it costs much less. I paid $55.00 for a bottle of 120.

The closest you can come to it is Res_Q which is $54.00 plus shipping for a month's suypply.

We're talking about the same Omacor its actually been out for longer than a month. Its cheaper over the counter in the states but not where I'm from.

**broken link removed**

Like you said, Its also a lot cheaper on prescription.

so you paid $55.00 for a bottle of 120 on prescription or without?..... Thats a decent price.

Last edited:
I paid $55.00 a bottle on perscription using my perscription drug plan. I'm in the US. It is made by Reliant Pharmaceuticals. On their web page thay claim it can only be obtained by perscription here in the US.

http://www.reliantrx.com/

I stopped taking it though. It really upset my stomach; headache, backache. Felt like crap. At first I thought I was coming down with the flu, but once I stopped taking it I was fine. I checked their web page for side effects, and flu symptions and back ache are on the list. I'm going back to the Res_Q. I had no problem with that. My doctor suggested that the Omacor by perscription would be cheaper than the Res-Q which is why I switched. Turns out that for me it about the same price.

Phlmuscle said:
I paid $55.00 a bottle on perscription using my perscription drug plan. I'm in the US. It is made by Reliant Pharmaceuticals. On their web page thay claim it can only be obtained by perscription here in the US.

http://www.reliantrx.com/

I stopped taking it though. It really upset my stomach; headache, backache. Felt like crap. At first I thought I was coming down with the flu, but once I stopped taking it I was fine. I checked their web page for side effects, and flu symptions and back ache are on the list. I'm going back to the Res_Q. I had no problem with that. My doctor suggested that the Omacor by perscription would be cheaper than the Res-Q which is why I switched. Turns out that for me it about the same price.

My doc wouldnt prescribe me amocor, but they can sell it some stores, higher than the prscription price if they want to.

I've heard its good for depression since its high in EPA amongst other things.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner