over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fruit as a primary carb source?

I'm hooked on those yummy asian pears! All types of fruits work for me. Dried fruits when I am training a ton.

Fruits have become a bigger part of my diet when I started listening to my body. I do great on them!

I'm hooked on those yummy asian pears! All types of fruits work for me. Dried fruits when I am training a ton.

Fruits have become a bigger part of my diet when I started listening to my body. I do great on them!

Are you talking about the one that look like apples in shape but have pair skin?

We call them Nashi in Japan....love me some Nashi!

Hey Kid1, not to be argumentative but it seems like you are laying all of the blame for inflammation on excessive grain intake. It's not like grains are the only foods that cause inflammation. Meat, eggs & dairy all contain Arachadonic Acid which is an essential fatty acid (necessary for most mammals) and pro-inflammatory. We know how beneficial meat, eggs and dairy are for us. My question is: Is it possible that inflammation is necessary/beneficial? Perhaps it is the catalyst/pre-cursor for other processes that are necessary and beneficial to our systems.
IMO, unless you have Celiac Disease, grains can be useful.

I have about seven patients who would be back to being basically disabled if they went by your opinion and were told to go ahead and eat grains because they don't have celiac disease:naughty:. Good thing they didn't come to you for advice.

Did you read my above posts about grains exacerbating arthritis and fibromyalgia?? just to name a couple examples.Or is an argument what you are after?

Do you not understand the cholesterol connection? or that inflammation markers have been studied about this very topic,this isn't my own wild out of my ass theory.

Dairy can cause adverse problems too in some but that is not what this thread is about.Some are allergic to eggs but that is not what this thread is about.

If one was to elimnate Grains from their diet and consumed vegetables and fruits(in moderation) for their carbs, what nutrients would they be lacking that are absolutely needed for survival??

Like I said above I have a group of people where one is back to work(and off disability),one can play guitar again,one lady couldn't pick things up anymore and a couple others that have resumed normal activities due to dietary changes.

Also do some research on the things I mentioned above about agriculture(egyptians) and the rise of certain diseases as a result of this etc....I went to school for many years and now put what I learned into practice for a living.I did not learn it to convince someone on an internet message board wanting to argue.

Y'know what? I'm not even gonna reply. I learned what I needed to. Thanks.

Last edited:
Recently I've been manipulating my diet to find what works best for me with regards to the weight loss game. I've always been an easy gainer and I've always found it difficult to lose fat. A few weeks ago I had the idea to switch most of my carbs throughout the day from grain (Brown rice, whole wheat bread, etc) to fruit. I do eat veggies during the day as well. The reason for this "change" was i noticed when I eat grain based carbs I feel tired, lethargic, and bloated. But I guess I always had the thought that I needed these complex carbs to fuel my body so thats what I had always done. Since I've made this switch I've noticed I'm not tired or lethargic, I feel better, I've lost weight and I'm becoming addicted to fruit and find myself craving it throughout the day.

I hear on the board all the time that you need to listen to your body and eat accordingly, and it seems as though my body is telling me to greatly limit my grain intake. Is there any reason why I shouldn't keep doing this? It seems to be working and I feel alot better, but it goes against what I "know". Is anyone else like this? Are there any downfalls to eating more fruit and limiting the complex carbs that I might be unaware of or not considering?

Any useful info, thoughts, considerations, or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I switched over to all carbs from fruits, except for pre/pwo which is usually grits and skim milk carbs. I definitely, 100%, feel better and have more energy every day since switching to fruits. I eat mostly bananas, apples, grapes and blueberries.

The "downfall" to eating more fruits can be the rise/fall in blood sugar levels can initially tempt you to eat crappy foods. As long as you are dedicated, after the 2nd week, habit overcomes that urge and you only eat fruits and protein and not, say chocalate cake.

I know this sounds crazy, but I am in love with tuna and apples. Three packs of tuna in water = 54g Protein and 2 apples = about 40g Carbs.

Right now Im hooked on pears and fat free cottage cheese. Simply put.... It's amazing :headbang:

any more opinions about this? would having mainly fruits be too much fructose for lean bulking? i usually have 3 meals and 3 shakes. the 3 meals have regular "Grain carbs" like gold potatoes and maybe some 12-grain bread. the 3 shakes have fruits with them. i only eat low GI fruits like grapefruits, blueberries, pears, apples, peaches, plums etc. I also have pomegranate seeds but not sure what GI they are. the first carb i have is stove top old fashioned oats which is pretty healthy i would think. i would think if one was worried about being flat and dont want to consume much of any grains, maybe they can make an exception for potatoes post workout for all the potassium.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131