over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fruit on show prep

Fruit is amazing, I cannot fathom what goes through the minds of anyone that vilifies it. That said, the carbohydrate content compared to satiety is not a great ration, compared to fibrous vegetables. If you are someone who is constantly hungry or is on very low calories it may not be the best choice just from a calorie density to fullness ratio.
Again, people read something (that don't even remotely understand) about fructose and de novo lipogenesis, apply the concept in a vacuum and automatically fruits=evil 🤦🏻‍♂️

Exactly fruit is 80-90% dextrose....

This statement is way off. Every fruit is different but most of them contain similar amounts of fructose and glucose in addition to very different amounts of sucrose. Even honey contains more fructose than glucose.

Regarding the thread I have promoted fruits in diets since I was young. I have never competed so I can't common on me being that lean but I have been fairly lean and still had fruit in my diet. Even if I was trying to get my leanest ever I would still have berries in my diet. Now if I have approx 200g carbs in my diet half of that is likely coming from fruit. If it's 500g then atleast 200g and so on. When dieting hard it's mainly berries and sometimes a banana around training. If having more carbs than I have more pineapple, apples, kiwis, grapes etc. I look and feel much better with fruit in my diet. I am dieting now and today I have ate some blueberries, cherries, pineapple, mango, apple, grapes and raspberries.

I eat an apple a day (addicted to them) and 100g of blueberries daily! Every so often I throw in some pineapple and some watermelon and a banana. If dieting hard I stick mainly with strawberries and blueberries

A very popular diet coach I have used in the past had me eat fruit once a day as a carb source during a carb meal. Didnt question his logic but it Worked out fine. Sliced and diced

Huh?

First you make a blanket statement saying ‘fruit’…. (Different fruits contain varying levels of sucrose, glucose (dex) and fructose)

Then you provide false information regarding percentages…

Lol thank you

When Iv said recently im eating carb free I guess I wasn’t being honest and just forgot I eat a ton of blueberries and black grapes. For me those carbs do not stick to me at all and provide some fuel.

Fruit stays in for all of my clients, same for myself.

I absolutely love hearing the all the local dummies and their protocols. "No fruit" sounds like advice from a coach who cuts their athlete's water on a Thursday and loads them with burgers on Friday night.

Fruit stays in for all of my clients, same for myself.

I absolutely love hearing the all the local dummies and their protocols. "No fruit" sounds like advice from a coach who cuts their athlete's water on a Thursday and loads them with burgers on Friday night.
Can you believe it?
There was a "coach" who used to tell his guys not to use toothpaste before a competition as it contains SODIUM bicarbonate...I wish I was joking 😩

Who eats fruit on show prep? What type, how much, and when do you pull it?
I typically don’t each much I prefer sweet potatoes but I am a big believer in fresh cut pineapple I even eat the core, loads of C, fiber and bromelain. Also watermelon, not sure it’s a fruit, but filling, low sugar and tons of citurlinne and other goodies. On a cheat day I’ll get dried mango and papaya but I really try to keep the sugar out those 12 weeks. Now on show day fruit is good but nothing fiberous as it will sit in the belly so either fresh squeezed juice or for me bananas are a go to. Maybe it was rando but one show I looked really good. I went to hotel gym and did a lil pump after rice cakes and honey. Was still a bit flat and not pumping so there in the gym was a basket of apples. This is say 10 pm night b4 post weigh in, I ate 2 Granny Smith. Stomach not distended but about 5 minutes after I finished my class say 10 am I got rocking diarrhea and it was all chewed up undigested (at all) apples. Now maybe it was the apples maybe it was the lasix but I’ll never eat an apple near a show everN again I mean it was violent shitting.

Can you believe it?
There was a "coach" who used to tell his guys not to use toothpaste before a competition as it contains SODIUM bicarbonate...I wish I was joking 😩
The worst coaches give the most insane advice under the pretense of being smarter than the other coaches. The more insane the protocol the dumber the coach imo. Also like 50+% of coaches these days have never competed I don’t see how you hire a guru with zero personal experience I mean I’ll take a guy who wasn’t great but at least did a few shows over a guy who looks great in the gym but never took the steps himself up to the spotlight

Fructose is only ever an issue when consumed in higher amounts, long-term. People eating fruit throughout the day in moderation will not have an issue with this. It enters the digestive system, usually together with glucose (ie sucrose), and then it undergoes facilitative diffusion in the small intestine where it is transported from the basolateral cell membranes via GLUT-5 transporters into the cells of the enterocytes (cytosol), then is released into the bloodstream via GLUT-2 transporters to the liver via the portal vein. It then undergoes Fructolysis via the Pentose Phosphate Pathway.

Too much fructose = bad and not a good thing (long-term). However, under those limits or amounts, it has benefits and can be beneficial. Fructose scaremongering is a real thing, unfortunately, but that is usually not the case for healthy people who are not sedentary, or rather, it is not something most will need to worry about. It will be even less of an issue in a hypocaloric state, where one is active.

Fruit is amazing, I cannot fathom what goes through the minds of anyone that vilifies it. That said, the carbohydrate content compared to satiety is not a great ration, compared to fibrous vegetables. If you are someone who is constantly hungry or is on very low calories it may not be the best choice just from a calorie density to fullness ratio.

And this is the reason why many eliminate fruits in prep and stick only to vegetables. It's not the fear of gaining weight from fructose or nonsense like that, it's because you get more satiety with fewer calories.

And this is the reason why many eliminate fruits in prep and stick only to vegetables. It's not the fear of gaining weight from fructose or nonsense like that, it's because you get more satiety with fewer calories.
Yes and most fruit is not as nutrient diverse or dense as many veggies imo also eating sugar makes you crave sugar so eating fruit has me keeping my sweet tooth. Same reason I don’t do crystal Light, water is water so it’s all I crave. There’s something in particular about cruciferious veggies that just really pulls a physique together when eaten daily.

Yes and most fruit is not as nutrient diverse or dense as many veggies imo also eating sugar makes you crave sugar so eating fruit has me keeping my sweet tooth. Same reason I don’t do crystal Light, water is water so it’s all I crave. There’s something in particular about cruciferious veggies that just really pulls a physique together when eaten daily.
It is estrogen lovering properties.

I love fruit and i've reached some of my best conditions eating it as my main carbs source.
What i have noticed is that at a given amount of carbs, i get a lot less water retention with fruit (but less fullness too) than with rice or amidaceus carbs in general.

It is estrogen lovering properties.
Yea I’ve always loved indoor-3 carbon ol but I think broccoli in particular has something more to it unmeasurable kinda like kale and both taste like shit lol but we eat them bc….

Some fruit for thought (pun!); biologically for humans, nature and Mother Earth has provided two forms of healing and nourishing liquids, unparalleled by any other on Earth. #1) Natural Spring waters from deep within the Earth that gush out for us on the surface, and #2) the natural fluids found in FRUIT. These are the best sources for replenishing and nourishing hydration for all humans. Fruits have caloric content, yes, but also micronutrients, essential minerals and elements, and a proper electrical charge that matches human resonance. We are SUPPOSED to be consuming them! Some are more carb dense, some are more fiber dense, some are more liquid dense. You pick your selection based on needs for training and physical demands and your natural inclination and proclivity for reaching after a specific kind of fruit be it berry, Orange, apple, citrus, etc.. different strokes for different folks. Earth provides fruits for all needs, physical demands, and seasons of the year. Been that way since the garden of Eden.

So YES! Orange and apple every day. Remember their foremost purpose though; rehydration. We are all 85% water after all.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws