advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fucoxanthin (OTC fat loss pill) - A uncoupler like DNP?

Starting around the end of 2012 through mid-end of 2013, I experienced DRASTIC metabolic shutdown… beyond the gradual slowing that is associated with aging. No joke: I went from having a SUPER metabolism (with maintenance being around 2,200 cals/day with NO exercise, as a 5'3" female!) to an all time low at the end of 2013 (where my weight would not budge (despite having dropped to just 1,200 cals/day plus 4 miles of walking/day & 3x 45-60 min weight lifting per week). For nearly two years, (as I attempted to do everything I could diet/exercise-wise), I also spent hours of researching supplements. At one point I even broke my bank account paying for prescription HGH, (which did NOTHING!).

FucoTHIN, among other things, came up in my search many times, and it definitely seemed worth a shot. From the many reviews I read, about 2/3 of the people taking it achieved modest to excellent results (while the other 1/3 or so experienced no results and/or negative effects). Luckily, the only "negative" I experienced was a lighter wallet; (cuz in addition to some nasty GI effects, a handful of users actually reported weight gain / a slowing of the metabolism, so it definitely could have been worse!).

Anyhow, I used the product consistently for about 3.5 months, and I jumped right in on Day 1 at the maximum recommended dose of 9 softgels/day. Furthermore, not only was I eating clean, I was averaging only 1,450 to 1,650 calories per day, while staying pretty active. While I didn't gain any weight, the scale did not budge downward one bit! Needless to say, it was quite a disappointment. However, based on the many positive reviews I've read, there's no doubt this product is magic bullet for some; it just definitely wasn't mine.

grrrrrr. just saying its been around awhile and confirming what was said before. thought that was implied.

the pure stuff is hard to procure and pricey too

the half life is also shorter....so in effect it is not as effective as dnp

its maybe a bit better than sesamin/alcar stack as far as uncoupling....which is like adding a firecracker to dynamite when compared to dnp

the_anapolack

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 4:53pm Post subject: fucoxanthin Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
anyone ever try it? i have a feeling that this may have been what instynct was putting in big green

its an uncoupler.....i read somewhere that its alot more comfortable than dnp

i never tried big green so i couldn't compare

anyone heard of it? its some kinda seaweed derivative

the_anapolack

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 5:10pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
hmmmm half life of 7 hours......really sounds like the description of big green

sounds like a good way to "bridge" dnp (god i hate that word.....reminds me of stupid bodybuilders and their stupid cycles that make no sense)

Animal
Bigger, faster, badder, better!

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 5:16pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Possible front as back in the day even til a couple years ago the powder was impossible to find AND it comes from brown seaweed and CANNOT be green.

Some caps are 50mg though amazon has some 200mg x 100 for 22.50 with free shipping..........

HOWEVER, you have NO IDEA what you are getting as caps makers do NOT indicate what standardization they are using and it could be 10%, 25%, 35% or whatever 20:1 is.

35% @ 500g is 50cts/g and 25% is 40cts so it's not cheap and capping it is likely a machine jamming mess .

A daily dosage of 2.4-8mg fucoxanthin has shown benefit in some human studies over a prolonged period of time, and while within this range the benefits are dose-dependent higher doses have not been tested sufficiently.

If buying a seaweed standardized for fucoxanthin, look for the extract percentage and then backtrack. Buying an undaria pinnafitida supplement that is 1% fucoxanthin by weight would require 240-800mg of the supplement to get 2.4-8mg fucoxanthin.

Of course, that's a long way to go if it were any good which you can try for it is A FRAUD for humans so no plasma levels from oral ingestion! DOH!

n a human study, Asai et al. [28] determined the plasma concentrations of fucoxantin metabolites before and after 1-week dietary interventions with U. pinnatifida to estimate the intestinal absorption of fucoxanthin in five healthy volunteers. The results showed that the plasma concentration of fucoxanthinol was low (0.8 nmol/L) after 1 week of uptake (6.1 mg fucoxanthin/day), and no fucoxanthin and amarouciaxanthin A was detected in the plasma, and it was possible that some components (e.g., dietary fibre) in algal matrix inhibited the intestinal absorption of fucoxanthin.

If the devil were in fact real, I would steal his power!

You have all the answers, but don't know what you are talking about.

There ARE stupid questions because there ARE stupid people!

Chemical Anarchy in the USA!

the_anapolack

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 5:39pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
ahhhh....so even if i was to procure it....come up with a decent extract.....it STILL wouldnt work orally huh......ok......ill let my wheels stop spinning in my head.....thanks

Animal

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 5:48pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct and ptero and curc do the same thing,........

Kapn
Supreme Ruler of the Universe

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2015 2:39pm Post subject: Reply with quote
he told me that the big green was actually fucoxanthin.

he didn't always tell me the truth, obviously... but this was one of those off the cuff, matter of fact kinda conversations... he said he had found a place that could make it in high enough purity that it was cost effective to dose...

I think a lab in india was making it for him.

LOL
ICQ Number

the_anapolack

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2015 2:43pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
with the 7 hour half life and 14hr clearance i can imagine it would be more comfortable than d in some situations......like if you have a big date and know youre gettin laid on saturday you can stop taking d on monday and switch and use the seaweed during the week so you are not a sweaty mess come the weekend and still didnt lose out on fatloss

also for other social situations as well.....not just gettin laid.....it would be nice to feel kinda "normal"

Animal

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2015 9:14pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Believable and not.

If it was so good, EVERY company would be selling the shit out of it at a huge profit like you see with the outrageous prices for astaxanthin.

And as for his bullshit or not, keep in mind that I capped the first test batches.

Then the fucker told me there wasn't anymore and he couldn't get any for me to cap.

DOH! The Feds/DEA then raid him and take ALL his big green which I figured was $75,000 worth or more............oh, that's the stuff he had NONE OF!

But I digress and Za LEW (peter sellers pink panther) took all his shit and wouldn't return it...............hmmm, it was just fucoxanthin so he said, but he could get none of it back........because that is NOT what it was.

Now let's think about this phonetically, for Fuco is really FUCKOxanthin and we know who the fucko is, get the point?

In other words, it was ALDULTERATED and I'd told him I didn't want any questionable shit and then it gets seized WHEN fuckoxanthin IS NOT GREEN so you can tell yourself whatever you want to get through the day, but there is just too much bullshit to give any part of this asshole's story a single bit of credibility and to do so is a disservice to this board.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity