over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gda

Good post. Berberine is suppose to be a very good anti-inflammatory as well. My GDA's contains a mixture of things so will have it's pro's and con's. Although as I posted above I don't think it's gonna make that much difference at the end of the day. Sure I get everybodies point and you want to keep training induced inflammation high. Although it's worth noting training and inflammation can go either way depending upon the type, duration and intensity of training. Plus it's not like I use it after every training day. I like to experiment and I am literally using it for 3 weeks max.

Most of the time I use GDA's before my first and last meals and maybe somewhere in the middle too. Right now I am having very few carbs first meal and I just started metformin pre bed. I don't like to overdo metformin and when I use it usually stick to 500mg pre bed. It's like last time this subject came up I mentioned I was using a GDA pre workout and I had a guy mention how I can't do that as it lowers MPS. I was well aware of the possible effects on AMPk and MPS. But training also stimulates MPS as does the large amount of aminos I take in pre/intra workout. So I think there should be no conclusive right/wrong answer with any of this. Again it was just me trying new things and seeing for myself. Although I have used them pre workout quite a few times now. The pumps alone are worth it for me but everyone is different.

It's one area I have researched a fair bit so I am aware of everything being posted. GDA's are actually considered rubbish by many people and known as a bullshit supplement in many ways. Lot's of people go on about inconclusive data and how they don't work in healthy individuals. It's complete nonsense to anyone (or most) who has used them but still quite interesting that most of the data is negative. Supp companies have definitely jumped on them though and every one has or is bringing out their own GDA product now. I have used GDA's on/off for a long time now and I feel they can be very useful... definitely more than 1 or 2%... maybe 4-5% :D

Do you ever test your blood glucose while using your GDA?

Do you ever test your blood glucose while using your GDA?

I should but I haven't but will buy a meter soon for that very purpose. Although I have gone full blown hypo using just GDA's so I know they are driving it down. It was whilst I experimented with carb amounts (none>high) and timing. One very strong product has caught me out as well. If Rambo reads this he has a story about that product as well from when I recommended it to him years ago :eek::D

anyone heard the theory that gdas also shuttle fat? in areas such as hips etc ?

any merit to this ?

think matt porter and eugene teo stated it somewhere too

this is actually a good question and is often overlooked.

Most "gdas" are not strictly selective to muscle tissue.

However, in one of Matt Porter's "in the car" videos, he did mention that metformin is one of the few compounds that is selective to muscle.

anybody else have any thoughts on this?

I've used all the various so-called GDA, and have never go hypo. At least I haven't felt it.

I've used all the various so-called GDA, and have never go hypo. At least I haven't felt it.

X2

As someone eating lots of carbs and bulking right now, I at least know that the GDAs i'm using are working. I'm also using my off days as basically low carb days (under 100). My training days are between 500-650 carbs, slin even some Lantus on weak bodypart days. Checked my fasted BG this morning and it was 71. I was actually surprised.

Have you ever gone lower carbs or waited to eat carbs after taking all products? Some haven't made me go hypo but others have. I used one from MAN Sports years ago but I can't remember the name. I can't look it up as they don't make it anymore. I tried looking it up well over 1 year ago and it wasn't made then either. That used to make me go hypo fast if I wasn't careful. I can't remember the full story as in details if Rambo had some carbs took it and drove or took it on no carbs planning to eat within 15 mins. But I recommended it to him and for his first time he took 2 caps (I said to use 1) and he went badly hypo in his car and I think nearly passed out. I will have to ask him. I was the same though and it was literally like taking a shot of slin.

Have you ever high-mega dosed things such as Alpha Lipoic Acid, Gymnema Extract and Cinnamon?

Have you ever gone lower carbs or waited to eat carbs after taking all products? Some haven't made me go hypo but others have. I used one from MAN Sports years ago but I can't remember the name. I can't look it up as they don't make it anymore. I tried looking it up well over 1 year ago and it wasn't made then either. That used to make me go hypo fast if I wasn't careful. I can't remember the full story as in details if Rambo had some carbs took it and drove or took it on no carbs planning to eat within 15 mins. But I recommended it to him and for his first time he took 2 caps (I said to use 1) and he went badly hypo in his car and I think nearly passed out. I will have to ask him. I was the same though and it was literally like taking a shot of slin.

Have you ever high-mega dosed things such as Alpha Lipoic Acid, Gymnema Extract and Cinnamon?

I have not. I have mega dosed ALA many times, but carbs were in my blood stream. I've never gone full low carb for any long amount of time. When I mention low carb, I'm talking relatively none.....very low carbs make me feel horrible. I have a fast metabolism and don't store fat easily.

I didn't have a Glucometer back in the day when running Vanadyl. VS would give me horrible headaches. I have a meter now, should test

I have not. I have mega dosed ALA many times, but carbs were in my blood stream. I've never gone full low carb for any long amount of time. When I mention low carb, I'm talking relatively none.....very low carbs make me feel horrible. I have a fast metabolism and don't store fat easily.

I am the same. Low carb for me is 300g per day. Although I have gone lower but I don't like to stay low carb for too long. Even then I usually have high nutrient low carb fruits with nearly every meal so they keep me feeling good. I generally look much better on high carbs compared to the same calories from fat as well.

Just fast and use humalog if you want to get into ketosis.

GDA's have their place. Most are over hyped. Post workout doesn't make much ense as you should be as 'sensitive' as you're going to get/need. Unless you're 'growing' then just insulin and not a 'gda'.

Matt Porter on metformin being muscle selective

In this video, matt porter talks about how metformin favors only muscle cell glucose uptake (whereas most gdas are non-selective.

https://youtu.be/YFj6WbA1zFo?t=168

just found this interesting, as from my limited research, I haven't come across any other compound that is is "muscle selective" when it comes to favoring glucose uptake.

My favorite gda is Chaos and Pain Predator. They will frequently put it on sale, bogo with addition 20-40% off, so you could grab two bottles for less than 40$shipped. A lot of bang for the buck and I know guys who have tested their blood sugar after meals while using this product and found it to be very effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner