over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Generation Iron - In theaters 2013

I'd feel like a goofball going to a theater. Kinda like those geeks who dress up in costumes to see Starwars.

I can picture it now. Massive amounts of people wearing red hoodies and spandex short shorts trying to imitate Kai Greene. That won't be a pretty scene :eek:

They will probably do it like they did with Bigger, Faster, Stronger and only play it at select theaters. I doubt anyone who doesn't work out seriously would have any inclination to watch this movie.

You would think so but guess what? I went to a select theater with my gf when Bigger Faster Stronger first came out and guess who i saw there? Maybe 5-10 guys my age (mid 20's) and the rest of the entire audience (50-80) people all ages 45+! I was very surprised and i was the only person in the audience that looked like a bber or someone who even worked out for more then 3yrs. So when this vid comes out, won't be surprised if it's about the same ratio. Since this video though is more a docu/drama i bet it will be even more of a younger crowd though but still many people.

I can't wait! I was wondering how long until they did a follow up...hope Cutler is in it.

Had no idea until i was there but this 2012 Olympia is what it is based around and basically the top 10 well known athletes of this year's Olympia. Poor Rhoden won't be in it and he placed 3rd. Basically it's all the people you see in the clip will be the main stars but i'm sure a few other like Cutler will have a short cameo appearance but not a main role. Here's the site with all the main info and athletes in it, **broken link removed** see the banner pic.

Why they choose the 1 and only athelete out of them all that can barely speak English for the mainstream t.v. review is beyond me, lol! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JTtu6XX3ZI]Generation Iron a new look at the world of Bodybuilding 1080p HD - YouTube[/ame]
Makes the review sound like a Planet Fitness commercial. "Yeah we eat a lot to get big and diet down for show, yaa." Love the guy but damn wish they would have chosen someone to better explain. No wonder why the general public thinks we all talk and act like this, lol! Glad the film is coming out to hopefully break that stigma of bodybuilders and what we do.

^ I agree. The only guys they should ever consider letting speak in public like that are Heath, Cutler, Freeman, Cedric, Evan, Kuklo, and maybe a few other guys. Putting guys whose English isn't good or guys like Kai Greene or Branch Warren would really look bad.

I'd feel like a goofball going to a theater. Kinda like those geeks who dress up in costumes to see Starwars.

The original Pumping Iron made bodybuilding look good. This will not.

The original Pumping Iron made bodybuilding look good. This will not.

hi emeric.....are you thinking this movie will really focus on the extremes of the sport?

You mean drugs? Of course not

If this is a documentary than each of the bodybuilder should disclose all the drugs that are involved, not just the hard training, diet, scarification etc...

If this is a documentary than each of the bodybuilder should disclose all the drugs that are involved, not just the hard training, diet, scarification etc...

But they won't so the general public watching this movie will probably still walk out of the theater with the same mindset, "yeah well they didn't talk about all the steroids they pump themselves with and that's the only reason they are the bodybuilder they are today." The unfortunate truth of course but with legalities doubt we will ever see any admissions on that topic from the top players in this game.

^ I agree. The only guys they should ever consider letting speak in public like that are Heath, Cutler, Freeman, Cedric, Evan, Kuklo, and maybe a few other guys. Putting guys whose English isn't good or guys like Kai Greene or Branch Warren would really look bad.

I thought Kai sounded pretty articulate? He is always out of breath but didnt sound stupid?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member