over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

give blood to make new receptors

whiteknucks

Registered
a couple of pro wrestlers near my home town were saying that by giving blood you body replenishes itself with new blood in turn creating new receptors. it sounds pretty logical to me. any thoughts?

What kind of receptors, androgen? I don't think those are just floating in the bloodstream..

It might increase the number of dumbass receptors.

ok thanks shelby, god knows i dont need any more of those.

yes androgen receptors are what im talking about. i thought receptors were part of each blood cell.

Last edited:
never heard of that man

yes androgen receptors are what im talking about. i thought receptors were part of each blood cell.

Na I don't think so.. There are androgen receptors in different kinds of cells throughout the body - muscle cells, skin cells, reproductive cells, etc.. And they're just enzymes that bind to androgens to cause a reaction in the cell.. I've never heard of them being part of every blood cell.

Na I don't think so.. There are androgen receptors in different kinds of cells throughout the body - muscle cells, skin cells, reproductive cells, etc.. And they're just enzymes that bind to androgens to cause a reaction in the cell.. I've never heard of them being part of every blood cell.

oh ok, i dont know much about this and i knew someone here would know. thanks

shhhhhhhh! synthetine :cool: shhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone!

Giving blood is great for the following reducr iron in your blood if this is to high you can have problems.It helps to lower the following: RBC, HEMOGLOBIN,HEMATOCRIT. If these numbers are high it means you have think blood. This could cause blood clots, heart attacks, high blood pressure. IF you donate blood these numbers come down to normal rages over time and believe me you will feel 100% better. I always feel sluggish,and my face is always red. My doctor said also that if these numbers are in normal range, your stuff works better. I don't know why? I just assumed that my blood was flowing better which made for better use. I didn't make this up as I'm sitting here with a script to give blood, because of this. Hope this helps

Giving blood is great for the following reducr iron in your blood if this is to high you can have problems.It helps to lower the following: RBC, HEMOGLOBIN,HEMATOCRIT. If these numbers are high it means you have think blood. This could cause blood clots, heart attacks, high blood pressure. IF you donate blood these numbers come down to normal rages over time and believe me you will feel 100% better. I always feel sluggish,and my face is always red. My doctor said also that if these numbers are in normal range, your stuff works better. I don't know why? I just assumed that my blood was flowing better which made for better use. I didn't make this up as I'm sitting here with a script to give blood, because of this. Hope this helps

yeah, giving blood is a great way to keep down the hematocrit and hemoglobin counts. Most people dont get theirs checked regularly though. Last summer I bought a hemoglobin meter so I could check my own. Even though I got my hematorcrit down to normal levels by giving blood I still managed to have a blood clot and almost died from a heart attack.
Many guys on here give blood regularly.
giving blood is not going to do anything for receptors though. Dont know where those guys came up with that!

Good post I draw 20ml each week and disgard, for the reasons you say.

Synthetine is 200mg of L carnitine per 1 ml.....What is L Carnitine going to do with andro receptors?

Synthetine is 200mg of L carnitine per 1 ml.....What is L Carnitine going to do with andro receptors?

what is it? L-carnitine-L-tartrate

do a pubmed search on this supplement and its ability to uppregulate androgen receptor content.

3-weeks supplementation with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g elemental carnitine/day) has been shown to reduce muscle damage produced by an acute bout of high-intensity RE(resistance excersise) in two cross-over, placebo-controlled trials.9,10 - the "gold standard" so to speak in terms of clinical trials.

According to the investigators, less muscle damage may have resulted in more hormonal receptors available for binding interactions with anabolic hormones,9 a circumstance that may explain the reduced progression of muscle damage (measured by MRI) in the recovery days following RE.9,10 With more hormonal receptors available for binding interactions with anabolic hormones, muscle growth potential is also increased.

In particular, one study has shown that 21-days LCLT supplementation (equivalent to 2 g elemental carnitine/day) in recreationally resistance-trained individuals induced a significant upregulation of pre-exercise skeletal muscle AR protein content [15.2% more compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs. 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively)] compared with placebo.1

LCLT may have worked by reducing muscle damage associated with RE,9,10 therefore attenuating the catabolism of muscle-specific proteins (including AR).1

As a consequence, LCLT may enhance testosterone uptake via less muscle damage and increased availability of AR, and not via direct stimulation of T secretion (in other words, LCLT is not a testosterone-enhancing supplement).1

References:

Kraemer, W.J., et al. Androgenic Responses to resistance exercise: Effects of feeding and L-Carnitine. Med Sci Sports Exerc 38(7): 1288-1296, 2006.
Inoue, K., et al. Androgen receptor antagonist suppresses exercise-induced hypertrophy of skeletal muscle. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol 69(1): 88-91, 1994.
Willoughby, D.S., and L. Taylor. Effects of sequential bouts of resistance exercise on androgen receptor expression. Med Sci Sports Exerc 36(9):1499-1506, 2004.
Deschenes, M.R., et al. Endurance and resistance exercise induce muscle fiber type specific responses in androgen binding capacity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 50(3-4): 175-179, 1994.
Ratamess, N.A., et al. Androgen receptor content following heavy resistance exercise in men. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 93(1): 35-42, 2005.
Bamman, M.M., et al. Mechanical load increases muscle IGF-I and androgen receptor mRNA concentrations in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280(3): E383-390, 2001.
Tchaikovsky, V.S., et al. The effect of exercises on the content and reception of the steroid hormones in rat skeletal muscles. J Steroid Biochem 24(1): 251-253, 1986.
Lee, W.J., et al. Regulation of androgen receptor expression at the onset of functional overload in rat plantaris muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285(5): R1076-R1085, 2003.
Kraemer, W.J., et al. The Effects of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res 17(3): 455-462, 2003.
Volek, J.S., et al. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282(2): E474-E482, 2002.

just some simple info for you guys to look into and experiment with
interesting stuff

the study says 2g a day for 3 weeks....doesn't that equate to 10mls of Synthetine a day?
no i believe the study was with oral supplementation. with synthetine you need to take 1ml per 55lbs of bodyweight. do a search and read the thread that Big A post a lot in explaining the dosage. search "synthetine".

so the dosage for me is around 4ml +/- per day.

im not positive on the dosage so please do a search

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
warsteiner70
NapsGear