b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
what is it? L-carnitine-L-tartrate

do a pubmed search on this supplement and its ability to uppregulate androgen receptor content.

3-weeks supplementation with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g elemental carnitine/day) has been shown to reduce muscle damage produced by an acute bout of high-intensity RE(resistance excersise) in two cross-over, placebo-controlled trials.9,10 - the "gold standard" so to speak in terms of clinical trials.

According to the investigators, less muscle damage may have resulted in more hormonal receptors available for binding interactions with anabolic hormones,9 a circumstance that may explain the reduced progression of muscle damage (measured by MRI) in the recovery days following RE.9,10 With more hormonal receptors available for binding interactions with anabolic hormones, muscle growth potential is also increased.

In particular, one study has shown that 21-days LCLT supplementation (equivalent to 2 g elemental carnitine/day) in recreationally resistance-trained individuals induced a significant upregulation of pre-exercise skeletal muscle AR protein content [15.2% more compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs. 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively)] compared with placebo.1

LCLT may have worked by reducing muscle damage associated with RE,9,10 therefore attenuating the catabolism of muscle-specific proteins (including AR).1

As a consequence, LCLT may enhance testosterone uptake via less muscle damage and increased availability of AR, and not via direct stimulation of T secretion (in other words, LCLT is not a testosterone-enhancing supplement).1

References:

Kraemer, W.J., et al. Androgenic Responses to resistance exercise: Effects of feeding and L-Carnitine. Med Sci Sports Exerc 38(7): 1288-1296, 2006.
Inoue, K., et al. Androgen receptor antagonist suppresses exercise-induced hypertrophy of skeletal muscle. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol 69(1): 88-91, 1994.
Willoughby, D.S., and L. Taylor. Effects of sequential bouts of resistance exercise on androgen receptor expression. Med Sci Sports Exerc 36(9):1499-1506, 2004.
Deschenes, M.R., et al. Endurance and resistance exercise induce muscle fiber type specific responses in androgen binding capacity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 50(3-4): 175-179, 1994.
Ratamess, N.A., et al. Androgen receptor content following heavy resistance exercise in men. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 93(1): 35-42, 2005.
Bamman, M.M., et al. Mechanical load increases muscle IGF-I and androgen receptor mRNA concentrations in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280(3): E383-390, 2001.
Tchaikovsky, V.S., et al. The effect of exercises on the content and reception of the steroid hormones in rat skeletal muscles. J Steroid Biochem 24(1): 251-253, 1986.
Lee, W.J., et al. Regulation of androgen receptor expression at the onset of functional overload in rat plantaris muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285(5): R1076-R1085, 2003.
Kraemer, W.J., et al. The Effects of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res 17(3): 455-462, 2003.
Volek, J.S., et al. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282(2): E474-E482, 2002.

just some simple info for you guys to look into and experiment with

hmmmm synthetine????? ;)

also

Health Benefits of L-Carnitine
Muscles

Increases strength and endurance
Relieves physical and mental fatigue
Promotes and maintains new development of muscle mass (up regulation of AR content?? HMM)
Reduces muscle injuries and sore muscles
Accelerates regeneration
Heart

Increases cardiac output
Lowers the heart rate under stress
Reduces the intensity of cardiac infarction
Reduces symptoms of heart failure, angina pectoris
Recovery from Surgeries

Experts recommend L-Carnitine for surgeries that may be accompanied by blood loss because it promotes formation of red blood cells and strengthens your immune system, aiding recovery.

Immune Cells

Supplies energy to immune cells
Increases activity of immune cells under stress
Doesn't strain the immune system
Brain Nerves

Slows aging of brain, dementia, Alzheimer's disease
Improves cognitive abilities like concentration, memory, and ability to learn
Accelerates renewal of tissue
Liver

Improves liver function
Reduces problems of fatty liver
Accelerates renewal of liver tissue
Sperm

Improves activity of sperm
Enlarges amount and number of sperm
Increases fertility of sperm

Last edited:
there's a lot of MAY and MAY HAVEs without a clear, definable, confident association

from what i understand (and i only skimmed through the article, didn't read the whole thing so this may have been addressed) l-carnitine (and l-glutamine) are only effective intravenously or im

if it were any route other than oral ingestion i'd definitely give it a try and see what happens. it'd be hard to control all variables to confidently say that any measurable increase in gains (especially marginal) would be because of the supplementation of that particular product.

very interesting research though and who knows, this may be a gold mine in the future. thanks for posting this up

edit to add: synthetine is already developed in this manner and looks like a very solid supplement to try. just wanted to point out that ORAL supplementation is a waste

Last edited:
What about injectable l-carnosine? I seem to remember Poliquin using it in his athletes for similar reasons to this.

there's a lot of MAY and MAY HAVEs without a clear, definable, confident association

from what i understand (and i only skimmed through the article, didn't read the whole thing so this may have been addressed) l-carnitine (and l-glutamine) are only effective intravenously or im

if it were any route other than oral ingestion i'd definitely give it a try and see what happens. it'd be hard to control all variables to confidently say that any measurable increase in gains (especially marginal) would be because of the supplementation of that particular product.

very interesting research though and who knows, this may be a gold mine in the future. thanks for posting this up

edit to add: synthetine is already developed in this manner and looks like a very solid supplement to try. just wanted to point out that ORAL supplementation is a waste
check the references in the post and then look up the studies. good info, the most popular and most respected being the Kraemer and associates references and studies.

heres a couple
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...nel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12930169?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=2&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

Last edited:

also i believe the studys were done with oral supplementation as the dosage was like 2 grams or more. you could use about half that with inj. dosage thus the 1cc per 55lbs of bodyweight that BigA recommends with synthetine which for me would be about 800+/- mgs.

All I know is that EVERYTIME I get back on injectable l-cartine, I almost instantly feel much more energetic than I previously was without it. And that's with absolutely no other change in diet or supps.

I however agree with you on the ineffectiveness of the oral form: I spent YEARS swallowing caps, and even in huge quantities (5g+ per day), stamina was nothing like a much lower dose of the injectable stuff.

I've used both injectable L-Carnitine coming straight from the pharmacy (it's sold as an OTC med in my country) and SYNTHETINE from Synthetek, and they worked equally great. :)

I'll usually take anywhere from 1g to 2g a day.

Interesting..

thanks for posting that b-boy, I like reading that kinda stuff, and Phidias, I will try it now for sure, ( was thinking about it before) you convinced me. :)

All I know is that EVERYTIME I get back on injectable l-cartine, I almost instantly feel much more energetic than I previously was without it. And that's with absolutely no other change in diet or supps.

I however agree with you on the ineffectiveness of the oral form: I spent YEARS swallowing caps, and even in huge quantities (5g+ per day), stamina was nothing like a much lower dose of the injectable stuff.

I've used both injectable L-Carnitine coming straight from the pharmacy (it's sold as an OTC med in my country) and SYNTHETINE from Synthetek, and they worked equally great. :)

are you referring to LEFCAR?

simple effective supplement

I would say those studies are interesting, unless you are talking about personal experience when you say "effective".

HMB looks great on paper as well if we are talking about reducing muscle catabolism etc.

Here's an article I read recently, on how this supplement may help powerlifters in particular
**broken link removed**

This is always something to think about when looking at research
It was only then that I decided to read the research myself and only then that I discovered that all the research was funded by Lonza, a company that manufactures LCLT. So, is LCLT research biased? From what I’ve found, it is, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong.

I would say those studies are interesting, unless you are talking about personal experience when you say "effective".

HMB looks great on paper as well if we are talking about reducing muscle catabolism etc.

Here's an article I read recently, on how this supplement may help powerlifters in particular
**broken link removed**

This is always something to think about when looking at research
LOL i wouldn't just post something I have not researched and used on myself bro!!!!! I think its effective, phidias thinks its effective, im just throwing it out there for others to not only try but research.

LOL i wouldn't just post something I have not researched and used on myself bro!!!!! I think its effective, phidias thinks its effective, im just throwing it out there for others to not only try but research.

Alright. What kind of things have you noticed from it?

So do you take the inj form year round at 1-2g?

Alright. What kind of things have you noticed from it?
the main thing is I haven't upped the dosage in three yrs ;) I now have an older guy (61yrs old) thats on HRT and he was making some decent gains in the gym when he first started his HRT, but then he told me that things had slowed down so i told him about inj. L-carnitine and now he is up 5 more pounds of muscle....no change in diet.... HMMMMMMM??

Last edited:
That's good info, B-Boy.

Thanks.

the main thing is I haven't upped the dosage in three yrs ;) I now have an older guy (61yrs old) thats on HRT and he was making some decent gains in the gym when he first started his HRT, but then he told me that things had slowed down so i told him about inj. L-carnitine and now he is up 5 more pounds of muscle....no change in diet.... HMMMMMMM??

What dosage do you have him taking, B-Boy?

What dosage do you have him taking, B-Boy?
The 61yr old man is on hrt from his doctor and he's only taking the test cream, he was so happy from the results he was getting in the gym and then i seen him some time later and he was talking about how his progress has just stopped and I suggestion some inj. LCLT and I see him a lil later and he told me hes been taking it and he's gained 5 lbs but is leaner, and i did notice his forearms were veiny as hell. shit I was impressed :)

This thread needed to be bumped in light of Dat's fat loss article.

I am assuming that L-carnitine should experience an increase in popularity. How do most people administer? If IM in a large muscle group I am guessing you can handle a days worth of volume in a single shot correct?

I only ask because I have never done any IM injects owing to the fact that I have never used AAS. Sub Q's are easy, but it seems like IM is the way to go with L-carnitine.

Also B-boy... have you ever tried the protocol in Dat's article by using L-carnitine with either slin or even just the two 94 gram high GI shakes?

Please don't flame me to a crisp for asking this, but are you saying that Synthetine is injectible?

I knew that Synthteks B-12 is sold as an oral for broader market reach, but it is pure enough to inject.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't spent much time on Synthteks' site, so I'm not aware of whether Synthetine contains LCLT or whether it's injectible or not. I'll go check it out, but unless it's advertised as an injectible, I need trustworthy word of mouth before I can confidently dart the stuff.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Casper1967
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131