over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GOING TO DOCTOR - NEED ADVICE

Coopie

Registered
Going for my annual physical and blood test. Never been to doc before while
"on". Here are my concerns, please advise...

1. Will the usual blood work reveal elevated test levels?

2. Am I risking my insurability by having a documented elevated test level? In other words, will my life insurance company drop me or raise my rates?

I have discussed my AS use with the doc "off chart", so there is no record of it but he does know what I do. Am I screwing myself by having a blood test while on cycle?

Please advise...

#1. elevated test levels can be easily explained due to more exercising and strength training. So thats really no big deal there if the test does come back a little higher then normal.

#2. If you do have higher test levels then normal you won't loose your insurance just for that. If anything insurance companies never drop you for a bad test result, they would simply raise your premium.(at best) But I don't see that happening. Doctors are not in the practice of sending your test results to your insurance company. That would be a violation of the HIPPA law. They can however notify the state if you are seizure prone or going blind. And then the state can restrict or even take away your driving privledges. So don't sweat it to bad!

#1. elevated test levels can be easily explained due to more exercising and strength training. So thats really no big deal there if the test does come back a little higher then normal.

#2. If you do have higher test levels then normal you won't loose your insurance just for that. If anything insurance companies never drop you for a bad test result, they would simply raise your premium.(at best) But I don't see that happening. Doctors are not in the practice of sending your test results to your insurance company. That would be a violation of the HIPPA law. They can however notify the state if you are seizure prone or going blind. And then the state can restrict or even take away your driving privledges. So don't sweat it to bad!

slightly elevated test levels can be explained. but there's no way this guy's levels are going to come back anywhere near normal if he's in the middle of a cycle. that said, sounds like your doc is ok with it. shouldn't be any problems.

they wont test for your testosterone level anyways, unless there is a reason to. Thats not a test that is normally run for a physical, at least Ive never had it done or know anyone personally that has had it done for a routine physical.
Your lipids and liver enzymes might be out of wack.

Regular blood test shouldn't test your test levels. What you may find is elevated red blood cell count, your cholesterol will be off: usually the good cholesterol reading is too low, liver enzymes could be high, and your blood pressure taken during the exam may be high.
I've had these all happen at some time or another.

Going for my annual physical and blood test. Never been to doc before while
"on". Here are my concerns, please advise...

1. Will the usual blood work reveal elevated test levels?

2. Am I risking my insurability by having a documented elevated test level? In other words, will my life insurance company drop me or raise my rates?

I have discussed my AS use with the doc "off chart", so there is no record of it but he does know what I do. Am I screwing myself by having a blood test while on cycle?

Please advise...

1. Will the usual blood work reveal elevated test levels? YES! I got "caught" by my doc that way......she got my blood test back and my test levels were a thousand times normal.....3000 something .......she is a super doc (internal medicine) and ran to the Endocrinologist who was concerned I had a major glandular problem......and both their nurses were calling in great concern. What can I say?

Going to tell my doc the truth......at least that way the testosterone blood levels will be explained (I'm taking 800 mg/wk Test enan).....

Mike

Like everyone said, normally they don't run a test level. But, cholesterol and liver function test might be way off. You DO have the right to ask specifically what they are testing for and why. I'd ask BEFORE hand and then decide what if anything to say...

Like everyone said, normally they don't run a test level. But, cholesterol and liver function test might be way off. You DO have the right to ask specifically what they are testing for and why. I'd ask BEFORE hand and then decide what if anything to say...

Exactly -
I just got my test back from my doc.
They do not normally run a check on your test levels. Mine did because I asked him to. I am off cycle and the levels were still in the "normal' range.
Liver function was off though. Of course he gave me the talk, but also said it was elevated becasue of my recent cycle, having just had mono, and a lot of tylenol & vicodin. extremely long lasting and bad headaches.

Cholesterol will likely be off as well. the good will be low and the bad will be high, if they don't ask you to fast befroe going in they aren't checking that anyway and if they do and you don't fast, then the reading will be off.

If your doc is already aware of the usage then no problem unless you try to use the tests for lifeinsurance coverage, then they will have an issue if the HDL/LDL (cholesterol) readings are off. Which they may be depending on what you're doing and how your diet is.

Sal

So, sounds like test is not a part of the "normal" series of blood work, but he may choose to do it based on my history. He did not check test levels last year, but it didn't matter because they would have been nromal. Last year's test was called "CBC" I think. Not sure what that means...

"CBC" means "complete blood count". I don't think they will test for T levels unless they have a reason, but they will routinely test your liver levels, red cell count, kidney function, cholesterol, etc. There's where they might bust you if you have been on for a while.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131