over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good news and bad from Doc today

engbulldog

Registered
Well it seems my bp is great 121/71 but the real kick to the nuts is I have an "Inguinal Hernia" so her words that is not good I guess heavy lifting is out and its time for JAZZERCISE!!!!!but really what is the time frame for this 6-8 weeks after i go under the knife??? is there anything that can speed up the healing time???? outher then rest, I ask this cuz Feb 1st I have to move to FT.Wayne Indiana to follow my job or as us shop rats say a 96 move!!! so i need help anyone ever have this???? do i have to be split open or can i put it off for a while it only hurts once in a while :p

I would say listen to the doctor and get it over with. Take the time off that you need and heal, and then come back more focused and ready to get back to training.

i had about 5 years ago they say 12 weeks before u can do whatever u want, but took me like 6 months before i was pain free

thanks guys not the news i wanted to hear but i guess it must be done!!!! lets see 2007-2008 ACL repair and medial miniscus 2009 inguinal hernia , maybe 2010 will be better, I HOPE if not oh well i guess i can roll with it right!? hey maybe i can get a sponge bath from a hot nurse:D but the wife would kill me and i would be getting something else reattatched!!!!;):(

My brother from another mother

Hey Bro, That sucks about the hernia, I know you were excited to start taking the next step with training and diet....but if you remember when I moved to Colorado after college, I was a sales rep/product consultant in the Operating Room for vascular grafts and hernia mesh for about 5 years. I have seen probably 150 hernia cases and can offer some advice to talk to your doc about. Get it done ASAP, and request a mesh "plug and patch" (they look like a badmitten birdie) rather than just a mesh patch. It offers more reinforcement down the road and has more surface area for tissue ingrowth (basically, when you heal it will be stronger than it was before the tear.) They don't cut you open anymore, it will be done laprascopically with two 1/4' insisions. This speeds up healing. Give me a ring and we can talk about supps and peptides to speed recovery. You won't be down as long as you think to at least be able to do a little maintainence training twice a week, but it will be a good 5 months before I would have you doing any heavy power movements (squats, deadlifts, ect.) I got your voicemail and will call you back in a few.

Thanks Big evil42, forgot about the sales gig you had and ill talk to the doc on Monday , and by the way your it on the phone tag !!!:D and it really dont hurt that bad, but since the doc stuck her finger in the sack up to my chest I have pain she is gonna call me back later today and tell me what i can take for the pain so me being me i had to lift today so it was Bi's and calfs since legs are out of the question for a while might as well see how to get BIG EVIL cows!!!! should get my blood test back today or monday see was gonna check test,and estrogen levels and the other fun stuff but i did find out that my Body mass index is @ 30.07 kg and body surface area is @ 2.03(m^2) what ever that is all about so I'll leave that up to you since you like all that crap i just want to get bigger so i can step on stage and make my family proud of me and that crazy guy in the sunshine state smile and say thats my Gibby!!!!!! 42 rulz call me bro :eek:

Gibby

Thanks Big evil42, forgot about the sales gig you had and ill talk to the doc on Monday , and by the way your it on the phone tag !!!:D and it really dont hurt that bad, but since the doc stuck her finger in the sack up to my chest I have pain she is gonna call me back later today and tell me what i can take for the pain so me being me i had to lift today so it was Bi's and calfs since legs are out of the question for a while might as well see how to get BIG EVIL cows!!!! should get my blood test back today or monday see was gonna check test,and estrogen levels and the other fun stuff but i did find out that my Body mass index is @ 30.07 kg and body surface area is @ 2.03(m^2) what ever that is all about so I'll leave that up to you since you like all that crap i just want to get bigger so i can step on stage and make my family proud of me and that crazy guy in the sunshine state smile and say thats my Gibby!!!!!! 42 rulz call me bro :eek:

Hey Gibby, Talk to me about some workout guidelines for training with a hernia before you do too many workouts. It can get worse and even strangulated if push too far. Regarding your body mass index (BMI).... the 30.7 basically says that you are considered obesely overweight for your age and height. Don't worry, I am currently 6' 242lbs @ 11% bodyfat(through underwater weighing and Dexa-scan) and I am too! The BMI standards have not changed since the 70's and do not account for muscle mass or bodyfat. Any 6' 240 lb fatass slob would have the same BMI as I do, it's off a silly little chart ( I threw them all away in every room of our Sports Med clinics eval rooms). Don't worry about the #'s for your goals, the mirror is your best standard of measurement. If you want a number that means something, get a Dexa-scan done. It's basically an MRI machine that images your body and give you an accurate image and #'s of lean mass and bodyfat %. It even shows where you hold what %'s. Insurance won't cover it and it's usually about $180.... Or I could do it for free at our clinic if you ever get your happy ass down to Florida! (don't have some jackass at the gym take it with callipers or bioelectrical impeadence!). I will go into the training guidelines when we chat. Tell the wife and kid I said hi, Ohhhh....and your 3 girlfriends you keep on the side.....and the 6 hookers you reguarly see, ohh and Bubba too! That was a joke Mrs. Gibby! Happy Holidays!

thanks still waiting on the doc to call me she will yell @ me for lifting today but it had to be done , so what your saying is I'm fat!!!! lol they might be right 2 wks ago got fitted for a tux and i got a 18.5" neck and have to sport a 56 jacket !!! i should lay off the twinkies and head over to jenny craig eh??? but call me when you get out of work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131