over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got my Blood work

LEX

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Ki
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
man I had no Idea it was this easy, went online with direct labs and paid for it, got a pack in the mail , went down the street had my blood drawn, had an email the next day.

Here it is let me know,

stats been on for long time, take breaks with very low test 100-200 per week. currently 280, under 10% and on 1000test 600 decca, 4 ius gh eod.

hdl little low, think i can fix that and thyroid uptake high ? whatever that is.

thanks for your input. ALso thanks BaldNazi for getting me off my ass and getting blood work. Hope your doing good bro.

Attachments

• bloodwork 1.jpg
    bloodwork 1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 245
Liver and kidney function look good.
Hematocrit is getting high you'll need to address that in the future-either by donating blood or being phlebotomized by a hematologist.
It's very common in year round juicers especially ones that use deca drol and test.
Props to you for getting the blood work done.

I wish more people would heed Baldnazi's advice and read his thread then yhopefully you wouldn't see so many guys on high dosed or long term oral cycles.

I have used direct labs for years top notch service and results.

Got my bloodwork done as well, for free actually since my mother works in a hospital...everything's a' ok!

Out of curiosity, how much can I expect to pay for one of these blood works? I don't have any health insurance right now.

Buffalohed said:
Out of curiosity, how much can I expect to pay for one of these blood works? I don't have any health insurance right now.
$89
**broken link removed**

HDL / LDL & RBC

HDL / LDL

what are all the factors that contribute to these results being out of whack?
which supplments cause this the most?

what are preventative measures and supplements to take to help keep this numbers in the normal range?

RBC

at what point do RBC, Hemoglobin,and Hemacrit become dangerous? all if mine were slightly out of the normal range but no doctors thought it was a danger at all. Doesn't demanding training alone raise RBC? I've heard that natural athletes engaging in very demanding exerercise have higher RBC.

Here's what I found on T-3 uptake Lex:

Greater-than-normal levels may indicate:

* hyperthyroidism
* nephrotic syndrome
* protein malnutrition
* renal failure

It was just the first site I could find info on.

LEX said:
man I had no Idea it was this easy, went online with direct labs and paid for it, got a pack in the mail , went down the street had my blood drawn, had an email the next day.

Here it is let me know,

stats been on for long time, take breaks with very low test 100-200 per week. currently 280, under 10% and on 1000test 600 decca, 4 ius gh eod.

hdl little low, think i can fix that and thyroid uptake high ? whatever that is.

thanks for your input. ALso thanks BaldNazi for getting me off my ass and getting blood work. Hope your doing good bro.

Which blood work package did you get done, the one for 89$ or the one for 369$, looks very detailed...

For 89 bucks, thats a good deal..there is no reason anyone shouldn't get these done on a regular basis..I have insurance, but instead of dealing with the Dr from now on I'm gonna use this service...You don't need a Dr. to interperate a blood test...Thx Massive G for the info....

129.00 cause i got psa2

thanks wolf and g,

how often to donate blood g? and your thoughts on high thyroid uptake?

will research toight myself too

Great info

Thanks for the great info LEX, saves me trips to the docs office and don't have to hear the speech about the harmful effects of AAS use. lol. Because I am a firm believer in getting blood work done and staying healthy as possible.

LEX said:
129.00 cause i got psa2

thanks wolf and g,

how often to donate blood g? and your thoughts on high thyroid uptake?

will research toight myself too
I donate every 54 days, in extreme cases if my hematocrit was higher than 50% I would donate twice a month once at the Red Cross and another time at a private center.
Each pint pulled out lowered my hematocrit by 3%-through experience I have found.

The high thyroid uptake is due to AAS and GH which both effect the thyroid.
I can't define the exact mechanism because we are such lab rats experimenting with different doses and cycling patterns.
"AS use may affect thyroid function. Administration of AS has been found to decrease thyroid stimulation hormone (TSH), and the products of the thyroid gland. In addition, thyroid binding globulin (TBG). These changes reversed within weeks after discontinuation of AS use."

I found this also-

http://ajs.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/15/4/357

"Endocrine responses in seven power athletes were investigated during a 12 week strength training period, when the athletes were taking high doses of androgenic-anabolic steroids, and during the 13 weeks following drug withdrawal. During the use of steroids significant decreases (P less than 0.05 to 0.001) in the serum concentrations of thyroid stimulating hormone, thyroxine, triidothyronine, free thyroxine, and thyroid hormone-binding globulin (TBG) were found, whereas the value of triidothyronine uptake increased (P less than 0.001). In relation to the changes in the thyroid function parameters measured, we suggest that the primary target of androgen action was TBG biosynthesis. In five of the seven subjects, serum concentrations of growth hormone increased at some point of the study 5 to 60-fold. Because of the use of exogenous testosterone, serum testosterone concentration tended to increase. This increase was associated with a corresponding increase (P less than 0.001) in serum estradiol. Furthermore, there were major decreases in serum LH (P less than 0.01) and FSH (P less than 0.01) concentrations, and testicular testosterone production was therefore decreased. This was characterized by a very low serum testosterone concentration (5.1 +/- 1.8 nmol/l) 4 weeks following drug withdrawal. Cessation of drug use resulted in return of all the variables measured to the initial values, except for serum testosterone, which was at a low level (14.6 +/- 8.8 nmol/l) 9 weeks after drug withdrawal, indicating prolonged impairment of testicular endocrine function. No consistent changes were found in the eight control athletes."

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/76/4/1069

"Self-administration of very high doses of androgenic anabolic steroids is common use in power athletes because of their favorable effect on performance. Since androgenic steroids decrease serum T4-binding globulin (TBG) concentrations dramatically, we were interested in the effects of this procedure on thyroid function: we performed TRH tests (200 micrograms Relefact, i.v.), with blood withdrawal before and for 180 min after injection, for determination, using RIA kits, of serum concentrations of total and free T4, total T3, TSH, and TBG in 13 young (20-29 yr old) male body builders with clinically normal thyroid glands, who were all in the same state of training. Five of these athletes admitted taking androgenic anabolic steroids at an average total dose of 1.2 g/week for at least 6 weeks before the tests. TBG, total T4, and total T3 were significantly (P < 0.001) decreased, whereas basal TSH and free T4 were not significantly different from the values of the other 8 without androgenic steroids. The maximum TSH increase after TRH administration (mean +/- SE, 16 -/+ 6 vs. 9 -/+ 4 mU/L; P < 0.05) was relatively increased, whereas the T3 response to TRH (0.61 -/+ 0.10 vs. 1.13 -/+ 0.13 nmol/L; P < 0.05) was relatively decreased in the group receiving androgens. The 5 patients taking androgens had significantly greater weight (114 vs. 90 kg; P < 0.01) and higher total cholesterol levels (6.3 -/+ 1.3 vs. 3.8 -/+ 0.3 mmol/L; P < 0.05) together with very low high density lipoprotein cholesterol levels (0.20 -/+ 0.03 vs. 1.03 -/+ 0.10; P < 0.001) than the controls. PRL levels were normal and similar in both groups. We conclude from our results that high dose androgenic anabolic steroid administration leads to a relative impairment (within the normal range) of thyroid function. Whether this is due to a direct thyroid hormone release (or synthesis?)-blocking effect of these steroids needs further investigation."

There is good article written by Nandi over at the Avant labs website I'll link it also.

Thanks G,
Very informative and great info really prechiate you shedding light on mine and other guys blood work.

gonna go give some blood. Have to say to everyone cause I was a huge offender myself but with direct labs and others there is really no excuse not to keep tabs on your health.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear