over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing when hit plateau

bigdog123

Banned
Hypothetical guy -

Training many years. mid 30`s. Sitting around a pretty lean 250 at 5`9.

Over the years has upped things as necessary without going too mad and generally only uses AAS for 3-4 months of the year and now uses 2-2.5g AAS, slin typically around 15-20iu pre training only and peptides (mix of GHRP and CJC). No HGH for a good few years. Food is consistent and 5,000-5,500 calories when shooting for more mass.

Lets say he has hit a plateau. What is upped first of all, or up all of it?

AAS needs to go up? More food? More slin?

Only on for 3/12 months. There is your answer.

some of this seems fishy.... 5'9" at a lean 250 is freakin pro size, there are more then a few ideas if this is true going to gym nowso don't have time but ill see whats up with this when I get back...

Eating cheat meals is a great way to throw your body off if you've truly been eating clean. Cheat meals can be a really good tool if you don't go too crazy. Or just give your body a break for a week or so. Let your body fully recover and then jump back on a strict plan. These are simple things that have worked for me in the past.

Instead of upping the dose have you thought about coming off and just running TRT doses for a few months? This will also help break through plateaus.

some of this seems fishy.... 5'9" at a lean 250 is freakin pro size, there are more then a few ideas if this is true going to gym nowso don't have time but ill see whats up with this when I get back...

249 in the mornings. Stage weight 215. 215 at 5`9 isn`t pro size.

Generally its been 4-5 weeks on (push for 6 weeks and then chill), then 12-14 weeks HRT (stay lean, lower food etc), repeat. Done that for the last 4 years.

Gained approx 4-5lb a year lean mass but have had to keep upping things along the way as one would expect.

Eating cheat meals is a great way to throw your body off if you've truly been eating clean. Cheat meals can be a really good tool if you don't go too crazy. Or just give your body a break for a week or so. Let your body fully recover and then jump back on a strict plan. These are simple things that have worked for me in the past.

Instead of upping the dose have you thought about coming off and just running TRT doses for a few months? This will also help break through plateaus.

Just answered this above.. HRT is approx 8-9 months of the year for health more than anything and get fed up with eating all the time so after 5-6 weeks of pushing and gains start slowing down just switch to HRT for 3-4 months and take it easier.

Diet is 80% clean, 20% cheat - normal BB foods. 400/650/100 at a guess.

Hypothetical guy -

Training many years. mid 30`s. Sitting around a pretty lean 250 at 5`9.

249 in the mornings. Stage weight 215. 215 at 5`9 isn`t pro size.

What caught my attention is if you are pretty lean at 250lbs, why are you losing 35lbs to compete? I would say you are doing something wrong during your contest prep.

Just answered this above.. HRT is approx 8-9 months of the year for health more than anything and get fed up with eating all the time so after 5-6 weeks of pushing and gains start slowing down just switch to HRT for 3-4 months and take it easier.

Diet is 80% clean, 20% cheat - normal BB foods. 400/650/100 at a guess.

Try actually counting food and not estimating

What caught my attention is if you are pretty lean at 250lbs, why are you losing 35lbs to compete? I would say you are doing something wrong during your contest prep.

Well no that makes pretty good sense. If you are 250 lbs at 12-13% bodyfat then you would lose about 25 lbs of fat and then 10 or so of water, voila. Those are just rough numbers but not everyone means 8% bodyfat when they say "pretty lean". Shit I lose 10 lbs switching my compounds to one's that don't make me bloated, 35 lbs ain't a lot for guys who naturally are heavier.

And to answer OP....you can't be on HRT most of the year and then wonder why you can't grow anymore...it's pretty simple. Stay on longer periods to increase growth, you are maxed out considering your current approach.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Well no that makes pretty good sense. If you are 250 lbs at 12-13% bodyfat then you would lose about 25 lbs of fat and then 10 or so of water, voila. Those are just rough numbers but not everyone means 8% bodyfat when they say "pretty lean". Shit I lose 10 lbs switching my compounds to one's that don't make me bloated, 35 lbs ain't a lot for guys who naturally are heavier.

Well I guess my mistake isn't considering 12-13% "pretty lean"...

Well I guess my mistake isn't considering 12-13% "pretty lean"...

Yeah its lean for off season for a lot of people...12% bodyfat you should still be able to see most of your abs and be relatively ripped in upper body but might have some junk in the trunk hah

Thats just my opinion as a fat kid...I personally feel 12-13% is lean-ish for offseason...I know it doesn't meet everyones standards but if I tried to stay 7% I would never grow and would burn out. 12-13% is cozy and I can make gains and not starve myself.

Thats just my opinion as a fat kid...I personally feel 12-13% is lean-ish for offseason...I know it doesn't meet everyones standards but if I tried to stay 7% I would never grow and would burn out. 12-13% is cozy and I can make gains and not starve myself.

And I will agree with what is bolded above, but there is a big difference between lean-ish and "pretty lean".

I know each time I have started my preps from a weight of 250-255lbs, I have come in at 231-234lbs.

Maybe they hold a lot of water:D

And I will agree with that bolded above, but there is a big difference between
lean-ish and "pretty lean".

I know each time I have started my preps from a weight of 250-255lbs, I have come in at 231-234lbs.

Nicely done. Yeah I hear ya.

And I will agree with what is bolded above, but there is a big difference between lean-ish and "pretty lean".

Don`t you start your preps though after running HRT for a while? If so that`s not a fair analysis. If I was running HRT off season I`d weigh 225 and up the supps and compete at 215 so therefore only a `10lb loss.

I`m guessing if you were fully loaded off season on everything you`d weigh maybe 265-270 `pretty lean` and compete at 231-234, so a 35lb loss?

Your comparing apples and oranges.

For the record my body fat is about 11%.

Don`t you start your preps though after running HRT for a while? If so that`s not a fair analysis. If I was running HRT off season I`d weigh 225 and up the supps and compete at 215 so therefore only a `10lb loss.
I`m guessing if you were fully loaded off season on everything you`d weigh maybe 265-270 `pretty lean` and compete at 231-234, so a 35lb loss?

Your comparing apples and oranges.

For the record my body fat is about 11%.

Yes, I do run HRT for most of the year prior to starting a prep. If I started my prep from a fully loaded 265-270lbs I can guarantee you I would not be competing at 231-234lbs, I would be quite a bit heavier.

But I am little confused now. So you only blast gear 3-4 months a year and then run HRT the other 8-9 months of the year, so you are now 250 at 11% from blasting?? What weight are you when running HRT the other part of the year? 225lbs? This is where I am confused as you say you could start a prep from 225 on HRT and come in at 215lbs, but you need to blast to 250lbs and then come down to 215lbs? What is the point of going up to 250lbs if you are coming in at the same weight starting at 225lbs??

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131