over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growth principles for beginners

Big A !!! :p

Moen said:
Perhaps a little suggestion :)

I read you're going to train hard again BigA and it might be cool if you'd keep a training log on here with weights, exercises etc

Just a suggestion :)

Even in real life, I keep all the info in my head because I don't have the time to keep a written journal, so unfortunately I will not be able to have the time to detail everything here.
But I am doing things the way I have described them in this thread anyway.

Pity :)

PAIN

Do I should feel muscle soreness next day of workout? I read a post where some guy said I should not feel sore. I ask becouse I don't wanna overtrain.

Andy1974 said:
Do I should feel muscle soreness next day of workout? I read a post where some guy said I should not feel sore. I ask becouse I don't wanna overtrain.

You should always feel sore after a workout. It shows that you have trained hard enough and properly.

Excellent article.

Great stuff. I've been involved with bodybuilding one way and another for a long time, and I've tried everything and made every mistake there is. And what I have come to believe is perfectly summed-up in this article.

Another question on this for you BigA, what do you think about substituting the flyes after incline presses with dips or flat presses ? Because we all know compound produces more growth, is there a reasoning for doing an isolation exercise instead of a compound ?

Thanks ! :)

Moen said:
Another question on this for you BigA, what do you think about substituting the flyes after incline presses with dips or flat presses ? Because we all know compound produces more growth, is there a reasoning for doing an isolation exercise instead of a compound ?

Thanks ! :)

I think it's because you should use such an intensity one your first compund excersise that you would not have any strenght left to do another compund movement for the same muscle after, therfore you do an isoloation excersise for those muscles that requires two sets to get out whatsever left of capabilty.

by the way for all the HIT fans, the current issue of flex has an interview with Labada, Yates and Dugdale about their thoughts on different aspects of HIT. It's nice reading.

Last edited:
Hey Big A-I gotta tell you something that I think is funny

I was explaining the way you have "Growth Principles for Beginners" to my husband and that I got it off of "Professionalmuscles.com." He's never been on the website.

This is what he said to me: He said that I shouldn't listen to those bozos. They didn't know what they were talking about. If I needed to know anything, I should ask him or Phil--that Phil is the expert.

What's that suppose to mean? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Well

di8kids said:
I was explaining the way you have "Growth Principles for Beginners" to my husband and that I got it off of "Professionalmuscles.com." He's never been on the website.

This is what he said to me: He said that I shouldn't listen to those bozos. They didn't know what they were talking about. If I needed to know anything, I should ask him or Phil--that Phil is the expert.

I think you should go to this site with him and show him everyone that is on here. He might like it.

well.....

PHIL HERNON said:
I think you should go to this site with him and show him everyone that is on here. He might like it.

We had an unfortunate mishap with the computer at home. It met up with Mr. Sledgehammer, compliments of the master of the house. :eek:

di8kids said:

Neer been called a bozo before ;)

But why would he want to listen to Phil? Phil wants to look like me! :p

Big A said:
When you eventually come off the gear, you make sure
that you are off the orals. Then cut out the anabolic
over 2 weeks. Then the testosterone over 3 weeks. One
week after that, you need to add primo tabs or anavar
(oxandrin) for 3 weeks. That will ensure that you will
keep your gains.
Ideally do a gainkeeper's formula that is outlined in another article.

These are the basic principles behind muscle growth. You do the above you will GROW, no matter what.

what do you mean mate? you cut anabolics 2 weeks after cut the oral, then 1week later after the anabolics you cut the testosterone, and 1 week off, then start anavar or primo ? :confused:

big$ said:
what do you mean mate? you cut anabolics 2 weeks after cut the oral, then 1week later after the anabolics you cut the testosterone, and 1 week off, then start anavar or primo ? :confused:

After you stop the orals, over 2 weeks, take less and and less anabolics until you are off, then during the following 3 weeks, take less and less test until you are off the test fully.

This is similar to the type of work outs I use. I do pre-exhaust before I start up my chest though. Using pre-exhaust and the slowwwwwwwwwww eccentric movement..blast out in the concentric w/help actually so I don't waste any energy... I notice I use almost 1/2 the weight. So one has to bear in mind.. one has to be secure in themselves and purpose. Because as I'm using these punie weights, the guy next to me has 3 plates on his bar and practically drops it on his chest giving the momentum to push the bar back up. Also keep in mind.. I don't use the spring system powerlifters use either which allows for more weight being used. My legs are up off the ground in front of me... almost fetal.

He probably wonders why his pecs are so small with so much weight. What I notice MOST in any gym (I change gyms alot for phsycological reasons), the people look the same. Poor bastards are working their ASS's off with basic/special exercise mixes and little rest periods. And even when they are resting...they are hyped up and running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Nobody taught me this... I'm just a keen observer in people. The biggest guys in the gym would do their set, then just sit there looking around, not moving, relaxing..it's like they are not working at all. One small smart ass walked up to a friend of mine (5'4 245lbs), and asked him "do you ever do any work? you could stay at home and sit on your ass" My friend says "I'm twice your size, so not doing anything must be working eh bro?"

I love this thread!

STORM SHADOW out

Last edited:
Great Thread but need help please.

Hi thanks for the great thread i have some questions though.
1 When you train to max , say if your spotter helps you a little on your last rep do you count that rep ?ie , i just done 6 reps go for another spotter helps me a little , when i log this in my journal do i log 6 or 7?

Also can we change mondays routine to friday ?
I say this cause on a monday at our gym everbody seems to be doing chest thus long waits for equipment? Today some lads had the smith machine for 45 minutes , so instead of incline bench we done flat , and did incline flys instead of flat is this ok.

Also a little way of but i cannot get primo or the other aas you mentioned .
but do have deca do have sustanol do have test prop and winny depot and clenbuterol tamoxifen and clomid . i want to lose body fat and would just like a little course with what i have at disposal .
by the way got great gains from test prop winny depot eod for 6 weeks
and i think clen was 2 on 2 off .
But have not done any for 15 months .
when i came off used clomid for 2 weeks (stupid )had erectile problems and had a little depression too.
Should i have used the clomid every other day for the period of the course?

Ps is there any more links for diets as i am very fussy with my food and most diets i can guarentee there will be things that i dont like , putting a lot of emphasis on this now ,as probably did what most did at beginning overtrain , medeocre diet and roids to boot , im just trying to get this right and i know my questions may seem basic but im 32 now and this is a last chance salloon i feel at getting a fantastic body .
By the way dont know my body fat but weigh 210 pounds , 36 waist , and have quite a stomach after a 3 month booze binge following a relationship break up .Please help , i would be upmostly greatful, and a bit more focused .
Because at the moment i am reading a lot of posts on here in the beginner , but i really am a beginner when it comes to doing things by the book and other beginners posts seem more advanced to me .
Thankyou very much for reading this , regards Steve.

And just one more thing

You say in your article "Fats and carbs don't matter. Calories
don't count, macro nutrients (protein, fat, carb) do.
:confused: can u go a bit more in detail cause this is like a contradiction .
Whats the diff between fats and carbs and micro nutrient fats and carbs ??
Thanks once again steve.

Thanks for taking your time and sharing this info with us.

hothandsharris said:
1 When you train to max , say if your spotter helps you a little on your last rep do you count that rep ?
No - it doesn't count.

hothandsharris said:
Also can we change mondays routine to friday ?
Of course.

hothandsharris said:
Also a little way of but i cannot get primo or the other aas you mentioned .
but do have deca do have sustanol do have test prop and winny depot and clenbuterol tamoxifen and clomid . i want to lose body fat and would just like a little course with what i have at disposal .
Diet is what loses the fat, not the steroids. You will get excellent results with the gear you have.

hothandsharris said:
when i came off used clomid for 2 weeks (stupid )had erectile problems and had a little depression too.
Should i have used the clomid every other day for the period of the course?
It was not stupid to use clomid after a cycle. HCG should not be used after, but clomid is recomended.

hothandsharris said:
Ps is there any more links for diets as i am very fussy with my food and most diets i can guarentee there will be things that i dont like , putting a lot of emphasis on this now
The food is just a guide. As long as you stick to the macronutrients that you are supposed to eat each meal, it doesn' tmatter what you eat - ie chicken, eggs, tuna, fish, veal, etc are all interchangeble.

hothandsharris said:
You say in your article "Fats and carbs don't matter. Calories
don't count, macro nutrients (protein, fat, carb) do.
:confused: can u go a bit more in detail cause this is like a contradiction .
Whats the diff between fats and carbs and micro nutrient fats and carbs ??
Thanks once again steve.

It's supposed to be fats and carbs DO matter.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws