advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Halfway into my cycle and my Gall bladder shits out on me! (long read)

jm750

Registered
Monday night I started to get what felt like real bad gas pains. Figured it would just pass. Tossed and turned in bed all night and got no sleep or comfort at all.
Tuesday, I call into work sick (which I almost never do unless I'm dying)
I tell them that I would not be in cause I wasn't feeling very good.

Spent the whole day in bed with a heating pad which now the pain seemed to be radiating from under my right rib cage and all the way through to my lower back. Ate a bunch a gas tablets and some motrin which neither helped a bit!
Come 5 pm, I decided to hit the Emergency room. At this point, I'm thinking maybe some liver problems due to eating dbol in my cycle. And now they are gunna do all these blood tests and are gunna start asking all kinds of questions if some of my levels are off. But I'm still not sure just exactly what they would check in the blood work.

I'm basically in tears checking in at the Emergency room the pain was so intense. (And I can take pain pretty good)
Good fucken thing there was no one ahead of me. They got me right in and started an IV with saline and pain med. Thank christ because I couldn't have taken another Hr of this shit.

I dont think the blood work gave them to many clues to my problem so they ordered an Ultra sound. And BAM! That's when they told me that it was shot.
Well, that was a relief to hear. They know what the problem is, and it aint my liver. Ooh but the fun is just beginning. They tell me that they have to transport me to Burlington where they perform that procedure. So now I get to do a 1/2 hr ride in the back of the bumpy ambulance.
We make it to the Burlington facility where they are waiting to get me a room for the night. So, It's now about 10 PM and I'm like "guys, I need to eat something."

They say "nope!" So I say well then when can I? And they tell me after the operation, and that will only be clear fluids. Ok, I say how bout a little water? "Nope!" WTF
So I ask them what time is the surgery? And they tell me some time tomorrow! "Some time tomorrow?" Are you kidding me?
So I get to my room and get plenty of Dilaudid and finally get some sleep.
I wake up in the morning hoping for an early opening, but nope!
They tell me I am scheduled for 1:30 PM. By now I'm ready to chew on one of my limbs and drink any piss I may have in my body, which wasn't much!

But I have to say, those nurses were fantastic at keeping my pain at a low level. I really can't give them enough credit how good they were to me.
!:30 rolls around and I'm wheeled down to the OR. Kinda strange cause I dont remember any kind of count down of a "OK, lets get things started."
I just remember going in there, and then waking up in the recovery room, which I like to refer to as "General Population." LOL

So now I'm really dying of thirst and they give me this stupid little thing that looks like a lollypop stick with a small 1/2"X1/2" sponge glued on the end and they dunked it in a glass of water. OOh wow, that really did the trick! NOT haha
I finally convince them to give me the cup of water so I can do my own dunking and now I was starting to get a little relief to my Sahara Desert mouth.
A couple hrs later, I make it back to my room. I'm thinking that food has to be around the corner sometime soon....

Now when I sleep at night, I like the room on the cooler side, so I had already set it to 66 deg. earlier.
I had to take a pee pee so i get out of bed no problem, still in some pain but not nearly what it had been pre op.
Everything goes good and I start to climb back in bed. Well all of a sudden, my body starts to get the chills just as I pull up the sheets. So, my body is shaking like a bastard (and you will know what I'm talking about if you have ever had the chills) Well, my insides are rattling around as well which inflicted pain beyond belief!

It instantly put me to the equivalent of taking away a rattle from a one and a half yr old infant. I'm pretty sure everyone on the ward could hear me!
I push the button to call the nurse station, and she gets on the intercom asking what I needed. "HELP" was about all I could get out! (I'm not kidding about this either)
My nurse for the night Amanda came to my rescue rather quickly and I dont think she could have done anything to prepare herself for this 48 yr old male pouring tears of serious pain. She asked me what had happened and I could barely tell her as my whole body was in a convulsive state. She got some Morphine and injected it into my iv and comforted me until I was relaxed again and back to a pain more tolerate.
Again, I cannot express just how good these nurses were.
Eventually I got my 1st meal, which was all liquid. It had like a chicken broth (no solids in it) a green jello, one of those italian ices (lemon) a cup of tea and an apple juice. They told me if I held it down with no problems, I could have some breakfast in the AM

There was no way in hell I was letting that non food come back up! (I went way too long without any food as it was!) All went good and I got scrambled eggs, toast, some oatmeal and some fruit for breakfast the next day.
Lunch rolled around, I got a chicken wrap, some chicken soup and a salad.
I'm basically now on a very low fat diet as they advised me if I didn't do this for a couple of weeks, it will come out as water on the other end.
So my cycle I started just went down the drain, and lifting is out of the question for 6 weeks or so.

The Dr came to my room this morning to check up on me and had told me that the gall bladder had 2 stones covering the duct and was infected with puss inside. Said it was in pretty bad shape. Also told me it was a good thing I came in when I did.
I'm not one to run to the hospital to quickly, but I will tell you guys, when something in your head tells you that something just isn't right, listen to that inside voice. I'm glad that I did.

I got discharged 6 pm tonight, and I'm feeling a whole lot better. Still a little post op pain, but nothing compared to what I went through the last 3 days.
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
My kids both wrote me a couple of hand made Get Well Cards so that made my day. And they are happy to have Dad back home as well.
Sry for the long rant, but I couldn't tell my ordeal in just a few sentences.
Hopefully I will be back to work in a week or later. I pretty much have a desk job as it is, so I got that covered.

And again, I cannot stress how great the health facility was to me. It was either put my trust in them or jump off a bridge....... I made the right choice. LOL

Damn dude that sucks! Glad you're feeling better.

Crazy! Glad that modern medicine was able to diagnose and put you on the mend.

Crazy! Glad that modern medicine was able to diagnose and put you on the mend.

Yes thanks guys.
I was thinking the same thing of how in the old days they handled matters like this.:banghead:
Also, It made me think of a young 19 yr old in the military who just stepped on a land mine in the middle of no where.
It almost made me feel guilty that I had it a lot easier, and still felt like I was dying!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws