advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding really advanced in the last 20 yrs ?

11111......doug b ...is a former mr america and is now a bio mechanics master ....he has some interesting ideas on training and exercise performance .....i cant say i agree with him on a lot but he is worth checking out .smart guy ....and experienced in real bbing .......the move the way i do it evolves sitting on a bench ...you hold 2 dbs start light til you get the hang of the move ...pick the dbs up ....arch back let arms hang straight ....angle yourself to about a 45 degree angle while keeping the arch ...then copase rib cage and round the back .then you arch the back up to 45 degrees ..at that top position squeexe shoulder blades down and back ....as you get the down and get to heavy dbs ...its kind of like a rack dead with more isolation .....it feels gd and the constant tension is quite effective

11111......doug b ...is a former mr america and is now a bio mechanics master ....he has some interesting ideas on training and exercise performance .....i cant say i agree with him on a lot but he is worth checking out .smart guy ....and experienced in real bbing .......the move the way i do it evolves sitting on a bench ...you hold 2 dbs start light til you get the hang of the move ...pick the dbs up ....arch back let arms hang straight ....angle yourself to about a 45 degree angle while keeping the arch ...then copase rib cage and round the back .then you arch the back up to 45 degrees ..at that top position squeexe shoulder blades down and back ....as you get the down and get to heavy dbs ...its kind of like a rack dead with more isolation .....it feels gd and the constant tension is quite effective

nice, thanks.. sounds like it would build some nasty spinal erectors over time..

also, you had mentioned the reverse hyper being a must.. i've only used a dedicated machine one time, but have kind of thought it was sort of an "overhyped" exercise pushed hard by powerlifters... Do you really see it being much more effective than many of the other hip extension exercises (good mornings, rdl, 45 degree back extensions, parallel back extension, etc...) in regards to the development of the low back/glutes/hams?

was just curious of your take on it.

Ok example of a lower body workout and what I did tonight ............................Did 5 min on the bike ....some hip swings and walking lunges ....just for a couple min .......Then 3 sets of donkey calf raises ....25 , 20 , and ascending descending set for 100 total reps ......then stay at bottom for 60 secs of more in stretch position ......freaking hurt like hell .....then adductors .....25 , 20 , and 15 using 1 and half rep technique ...stretched groin hard for 70 sec I think .......The hit high wide heal leg presses for hams [ dante taught me these ] 25 , 20 , 17 .....then did stiff leg deads with ten lb plates under balls of my feet . and did one long ascending set using 25s on each side . [ do 6 reps , add 25s each side , do 6 no rest , and keep going til you cant do them safely ......another dante trick from yrs ago ......be careful these can get you very sore ] , I strectched hams hard for 90sec Then I hit 2 sets of leg ex . first was and ascending / descending set for a 100 reps [ not fun ] second set was a drop set with 2 second holds at top ......brutal after the prior set ..........Then I front squatted .3 very hard sets ...20 [ which killed me ] , 15 , and 9 .....My left knee has been reconstructed twice from football , and my in that knee is gone again and only 25 % of cartilage left ....some days it rubs weird and just kills me .......a knee replacement is probably in my future although I am going to fight it as long as I can ......I stretched quads ......my legs looked huge after this and the front squats killed my back tonight as well .......I went and did some hips thrusts .....with a db on my hips ....25 , 20 , 18 .......then super setted ab rope pulls [ also working steratus and intercostals ] with low back machine ......30 , 25 , 20 ....stretched a bit and done .this was tough and fast workout and similar to how I train on most days

11111........man , I love your questions ......you are smart gentleman .......I would say yes , why ? Simple , with the hips supported in a good machine the legs swing under the hips and this opens the spine up .....it puts you in a weak position so you can gradually get stronger in a much different way and your erectors , glutes , and hams with have a new level of strength for it .....combine those with glute /ham raises and you can get 50 lbs on your dead lifts .....do that and you are a bigger bber .....also the reverse hyper can be used daily for active recovery done light .....this has helped a lot of guys ......I think every one should have , 6 way neck machine .....glute / ham ...a hammer tibia machine ....and gripper .....and a pullup station at their house and Olympic bar .......those pieces aren't cheap , but as you age or if you are serious young guy might be better to get those things than buys a bunch of gh or hiring gurus .....lol.....I also like donkey calfs machines , belt squats ....vertical leg presses .......all gyms should have this stuff is they are wanting to help people .

oh yeah ...I forgot on my hrt protocol I do HCG twice a week 250ius ......I have always loved HCG .....I always feel stronger for some reason on it , and I like having balls like a man .....lol

one more thing ......I am in cycle two of my training method so I am training 4 days a week and everything twice .....On the third cycle ....when I am my strongest I do some negative at the end of certain exercises sometimes I do even forced negatives with my girl pushing down on the rep if the leverage is right and I feel it is safe ....usually I survive 2 -3 reps sometimes just 1 ........but these fry me and my cns ......by the time this cycle is done I need a rest .....

And yes , I play with muscle rounds usually in the cycle I am doing now on the four day a week program ......but like today , it depends on how I feel and if I want a little more volume and stick with one core movement .......you have to really pay attention to your body to not get hurt training like this .....You train fast and hard .....and young guys , your aim is to get stronger , or train faster every workout .....unless it in the 2 -3 week recovery phase ......

My friends ask , why are you about the same size ripped as you were when you hit your natural genetic max at such a young age if you are so smart ? I am honest .....I hit my potential young cuz I trained hard and smart ....I moved huge wts for an adult as a kid ....that is my base .....I hadn't used any drugs in nearly 20 yrs until hrt 6 months ago .....[ I had come close talked to guys here about help and a comeback yrs ago , but it never happened ] With my injuries I doubt I will be as strong as I was as a teen .....so my body has no reason to carry that mass .....On the test and my routine I believe I can have even more mass than I had natty . If I add a couple ius of gh and insulin ....I know I can .....I just don't know If I care .....I just want to have enough mass to diet down 225 -30 and look amazing ......is it possible as I nearing 50 ? I don't know ......but if you guys stay tuned .....I guess we shall see ....but I can assure you .....I have know desire to stick myself all day and stick grams of gear into myself .....I just want to take care of my temple .....look decent and please my young gf ......lol.....plus I am an aggressive guy .......I like to bang the wts .....if I didn't.....I'd be punching people like in my youth ....ha ha .....now I am about peace , love , and bjs ....lol

Hey bg ......we just moved but I know I had found some pics of me at my biggest in go condition......my girl now was like wow ...if I kind find them I think my girl can upload them , I also know there is a video of me doing a posing routine for a buddy I was helping prep for a show .....back then they gave out a best poser trophy at most shows, I would think up a routine and video it and then my pals would go practice it ...it was rare my friends didnt win the award . Anyways in the video my taper is impressive, legs look nice , and Im big , if I find the stuff think those boxes went into our storage with 30yrs of bbing mags and books ....lol , not sure .....I d love Dante to see me Cuz he never really saw what he built .....lol ....if I put up the video you will think my legs look really nice for a taller guy .....but they are swollen....I remember shooting a half cc steris test suspension and Winnie v in a Quade twice a day , 1 cc total of each for 100mgs test , 50 MG v........fuck that hurt , but I loved suspension, no bloat and made me strong as shit..........I will try and track down , and try to get my girl to put it up for me ..........the routine is Arreosmith s dream on .....it won the Mr San Jose overall and best poser for my pal .....I can't promise when but I will find if the thread stays alive .....also I will be putting some shots up if this stays fun , maybe next to some pros or girls I train or that work for me .......for an old beat up dude , I have nice wheels , big tris, .....good taper ...and am pretty thick looking ....in fact if I made the additions I mentioned before , my legs could hang with a pro like Cedric or wolf, Wolf has better quads, but not much, but hams and calfs I d get them with 6 more months of training , but for the freaking size fullness and condition in the upper body ..? No way , both have a lot of gear or oil in arms and wolf's shoulders in prIme were filled up big time , no disrespect, but am not saying I did or have I looked that gd ..not close ....but those dudes are gods on and were gear much longer than I ever did ,, I had about 3 yrs on gear half of that was clean .....no delusion here , if this continues you will see some pictures and you will just see that very few guys have my small joints and balance, yet can carry some gd size, on a little test , ...especially being older ......so stay tuned and maybe this gets shared finally

No way...i see duskin lurking down there ..knucklehead ...how are you ?how is the wife,boys ,and dog ? ...

Knucklehead....has beautiful physique and family ....super bright guy ....i helped with a show once and got to meet him......he is someone i admired alot ...

Coming from the world i work in ....having never been married and no kids .i always have looked to strong family guys with good character ...i have several close friends ( all over 20 yrs of friendship )...one is 86 ....another 67 ( i trained him to win the over 50 cal one yr ) and another is 63 ......i have been close to these guys because their character just shines ....gd family men ...loyal ...were gd fathers ....gd careers ....polite ..honest ...hardworking .......at pm ..aeliop ...knucklehead ...and jethro tull .....have always inspired me as a man

Bedtime ...meditate ...pray reflect then sleep to binural.beats and isotonic tones ....or nature sounds ....

Learn ...laugh ..and love fellas ....smile

Just out of curiosity, do you think that today's bodybuilders worry too much about fat gain when attempting to gain as much muscle as possible?

Seems to me that no matter where you go on the internet, the idea of "dirty bulk" is considered satanic. What I'm saying is, everyone seems to try to "lean bulk" these days and anyone who suggests otherwise is denounced a heathen.

Seems counterproductive to me to worry about fat gain when trying to build as much mass possible. Obviously, I'm not talking extreme fat gain here, but going from day, 8% to 20% bf.
I'm guilty of trying to keep off as much fat as possible when going for mass, but I'm beginning to think it just holds me back.

I think you are a smart man . But dante or greg zulak would tell you when pushing to make size jumps you have to push food to new levels . In doing so you will get fat and hold some water if on drugs ....but to me you have to pay that price .....you want to be 225 to be ripped on stage ....well guess what ? You will most likely unless you are hyper responder and really gifted need to hit 265 to 275 and hold it for 6 months to a yr ....then if you come down you take another 6 months to come down slowly ....once you get maxed out genetically .....then staying lean is healthier ...gets you more chicas ....and makes a prep.easier ....but like i said way too many people care what others think ....this is your journey...you are your art ....create what you want .......think about this you take your ht and see what class you need to be in to.be competive ......then you let go of competing ....then you eat train and gear slowly and progressively til you are 40 or 50 lbs above said wt ....then you hold that weight for at least 6 months or more before you even think about.competing .....at first ,you are going to be a little fat and smooth ...but if the food is gd ...only junk once or twice a week ..but you will adapt ..you will get stronger ...your body will get used to the food and size . ..and composion will change if you do things right ....this is much smarter than doing a bunch of shows staying lean and taking 10 yrs to be 200 on stage when you could do it in a few yrs being humble becoming massive ....but like a brother here shared we live in this social media fake bs world and everyone wants to be pretty .....but if you want to be pretty thats great ....i admire that ....if you want to be big then you have to get the size first ....that is done first and formost with food my.man ......also dirty bulk is using junk and getting plain fat ....i m talking about gd healthy foods ...quality protien ...high gd fats
.timed carbs .....not wendys like i had last night ...lol .......you must build your metabolism....it takes time and effort

I think you are a smart man . But dante or greg zulak would tell you when pushing to make size jumps you have to push food to new levels . In doing so you will get fat and hold some water if on drugs ....but to me you have to pay that price .....you want to be 225 to be ripped on stage ....well guess what ? You will most likely unless you are hyper responder and really gifted need to hit 265 to 275 and hold it for 6 months to a yr ....then if you come down you take another 6 months to come down slowly ....once you get maxed out genetically .....then staying lean is healthier ...gets you more chicas ....and makes a prep.easier ....but like i said way too many people care what others think ....this is your journey...you are your art ....create what you want .......think about this you take your ht and see what class you need to be in to.be competive ......then you let go of competing ....then you eat train and gear slowly and progressively til you are 40 or 50 lbs above said wt ....then you hold that weight for at least 6 months or more before you even think about.competing .....at first ,you are going to be a little fat and smooth ...but if the food is gd ...only junk once or twice a week ..but you will adapt ..you will get stronger ...your body will get used to the food and size . ..and composion will change if you do things right ....this is much smarter than doing a bunch of shows staying lean and taking 10 yrs to be 200 on stage when you could do it in a few yrs being humble becoming massive ....but like a brother here shared we live in this social media fake bs world and everyone wants to be pretty .....but if you want to be pretty thats great ....i admire that ....if you want to be big then you have to get the size first ....that is done first and formost with food my.man ......also dirty bulk is using junk and getting plain fat ....i m talking about gd healthy foods ...quality protien ...high gd fats
.timed carbs .....not wendys like i had last night ...lol .......you must build your metabolism....it takes time and effort

Thanks, man. Refreshing read.

Like you said guys will argue with me .....but i have seen who gets very big fast for 37 yrs been training in serious gyms since 10 ....it just never made since for 5 10 guys to compete at middle wts ...then small light heavy s ..ect ..for 10 yrs or longer til.they are supers .....my god the money on gear ..shows ....and stress on the body to compete and be a rake makes no sense to.me ......get big ....enjoy training ...once you are filled out you will know if competing is meant for you ...if it isnt and you like being big ..be that just be smart lean up and taper drugs to hrt ......competing to compete is fine ....but i say either be impressive or dont bother .......build the size and go from.there ....i know rich piana agrees to that approach .....as do i .....i see the whole guys in board shorts ...weird classic brief ...or posing speedos and i just go ewww .....to me it just train ...have fun
Create what you want for you ,not to be told your better than some guy in their underware ....i love bbing ...and people at their best is impressive and inspiring .....but the whole oiled up in a thong posing next to.other men just seems odd to normal folks and i cant say i dont agree ....if you feel.big and strong ..and you are impressive ....you know it every knows it ...why need to be on instagram or on stage nearly naked ..? Lol .....i know guys that live for doing shows ....i just never got it ...besides bbing shows have been ruined all the other clases ...shows are borimg and too long these days ......everyone should be a bber ....not everyone should compete ....the world would be better if we gave up competing and cared about corroperating more ...thats what its really about

Last edited:
Alright finally ready do my practices and get to bed ..i m training a couple girls for upcoming show that work for me ( one is bikini ...one is figure ....a dancer and server ) i m doing it for free as always and they are friends with my girl .its hard to train them for something so retarded to me honestly ....at least in bbing you pose ...doing a few quarter turns and sticking your ass out is so odd that girls want to do this ....i cant imagine working so hard to do that ....i was just making adjustments and it so hard to be motivated ....on the other hand helping friend here do a show and very happy because he is coming back from two horrific injuries ....and he likes to prep....it helps him.in life ...he likes the structure and process .....i can see him shine ....so while i dont get the show thing ....i love how he gives in to.the journey

Last edited:
Great thread Jason! You're inspiring this old guy, Again...

Hey PF .....I will try and put up some diet info later at work .....but Fridays are tough ......maybe not til tomorrow ......thread seems to be slowing a bit so we see if this should keep it going or not .....was hoping it would take off so we could help some guys here save time , money , and effort ........keep them realistic ......talk about our love for the sport especially 90s bbing ....and I was hoping to learn some shit as well ......it is kind of turning into a log or just me , and honestly I don't need that ...it bores me ....I can just focus on doing my thing and help the few people I do ......So we shall see guys .....I am so cool either way ......ha ha ....promise my feelings won't be hurt ......I just don't need attention and am not a wanna a bee guru ....I just love the art and this board .....have a great night and weekend fellas

Here's another Q that I have.

When I cut, I lose a good 5 reps (or ~20lbs) on most exercises even when "on." So if I bulked and got strong on 300mg test E, I also transition into and cut on 300mg test E and lose so much damn strength. I usually go from about 210lbs to 185lbs. I'm pretty sure I lose a lot of muscle. Is this loss normal? Or does it sound like I'm cutting too drastically? I'm on TRT but cut and bulk on 300mg test E.

Hey PF .....I will try and put up some diet info later at work .....but Fridays are tough ......maybe not til tomorrow ......thread seems to be slowing a bit so we see if this should keep it going or not .....was hoping it would take off so we could help some guys here save time , money , and effort ........keep them realistic ......talk about our love for the sport especially 90s bbing ....and I was hoping to learn some shit as well ......it is kind of turning into a log or just me , and honestly I don't need that ...it bores me ....I can just focus on doing my thing and help the few people I do ......So we shall see guys .....I am so cool either way ......ha ha ....promise my feelings won't be hurt ......I just don't need attention and am not a wanna a bee guru ....I just love the art and this board .....have a great night and weekend fellas

Thanks, looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing so far.

I would love to read a detailed workout of your current routine.
Example here is my last workout

Incline bench 315x6
Dips bw x 15, then negative only dips to failure
Seated smith shoulder press 225 x 8
lying delt raises x 12
JM press 185 x 12
Rope ext stack x 12

Obviously your weights/routine will be different but I would love to see what your actual routine looks like and welcome feedback on what I posted. Don't want to derail thread but I'm currently doing 3 week (ch/sho/tri, back/bi/ lower)

Thanks again and love seeing you active on the forum again.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws