advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding really advanced in the last 20 yrs ?

Iabadman,

As far as sets and exercises for upper and lower body, how many do you suggest per body part?

On another hand, I have not see much about gear other than trying to be smart and not abusing it. What would be your recommendation for growing while still keeping in mind your health?

Go back a couple pages plz ....i cover that when i answer that question for powerforeward ....and i kind of touch on gear ....the prob is most guys here are way above hoe i would do it now for the guy looking to do it right ....i could show an example of how id use gear with my routine if i was doing more than hrt if you want ....its bed time ....maybe tonight i will respond as tuesdays are slow at the club

Warlock ...no problem pal ....i always want to help ...enjoy your day

Go back a couple pages plz ....i cover that when i answer that question for powerforeward ....and i kind of touch on gear ....the prob is most guys here are way above hoe i would do it now for the guy looking to do it right ....i could show an example of how id use gear with my routine if i was doing more than hrt if you want ....its bed time ....maybe tonight i will respond as tuesdays are slow at the club

Thanks brother. I will go back a couple of pages and read all of that. I must have skipped it. I tried to go through the whole thread last night. So much good info.

That'd be great if you wouldn't mind to share your thoughts on how you would use gear with your routine.

Thanks for everything.

Warlock ...no problem pal ....i always want to help ...enjoy your day

I noticed that. I'm sure many of us really value all you are sharing.

You have a great day too.

I am not into prescribing cycles and this is just for entertainment purposes only ...lol

A cycle for an intermediate guy on my training routine would do something like this :

Weeks 1-3 = 500 mgs of test enth ,cyp , or sus + 50 mgs of anadrol or 25 mgs of db on training day pre workout ......injectable preferred

weeks 3-6 = 100 mgs of prop , tren , and masteron eod

weeks 6-9 = 100 mgs of test suspension ed and 50 mg of winsterol ed

then detox .....and give blood and cruise on 200 mgs of test a week no need to go off imo I like 250 -500 ius of hcg used twice a week unless a couple weeks before a show .....when do you next cycle you can switch the test ester and go with d-bol .....and npp for tren ......but i like guys to finish strong at the end and always have them use the suspension and winnie if they can get .......as time mounts you can increase the test and eventually throw in some deca or eq while bumping the oral dose higher .......

Remember it is all a very gradual thing .......when you get the point of say 750 test 400mg deca and 100 ad or 50 mg d bol .....ect....then add in gh and insulin instead of increasing your doses .........at this time use pre ,post ,and intra nutrition .[ we can go into that another time ] ......but we always start low so 3-5 ius humlin r pre workout and 2 ius gh after .....just on work out days ......you can progress from there to eventually using both before and after training .........

This all needs to be added slowly and done progressively or you really are missing out to seeing what works ......more doesn't always equal better

This would be for a dude that trained a fews yrs clean ....thinks he has a body that could be a national level guy and wants to find out ....this would be a guy into his 2 nd year of hard serious mass building .........if you did this and built up to it the year before .....you would be quite big if you followed the eating I recommend and everything else .......if by the end of year you aren;t pretty dam awesome ......pull back ...save your money ...don't buy supps unless for health ......don't spend a ton of cash on gh or gear .....just train and eat smart but not extreme and have a good body that looks like you take pride in it ........no need for more .......There I guys here that I really like ....but I see there posts and there pics and I think why are taking drugs and all these supps ? For what ? Like Emeric would say ....you can look like that with out drugs ..........and thats honest

In July of 2016 while decline pressing with 345 lbs I tore my right Pectoral the shift in weight simultaneously tore my left triceps. For several reasons I opted to not have surgery. My chest feels pretty good but my left elbow is constantly very sore. And example would be it hurts to push down on a soap dispenser with my left hand. I messed around here and there but couldn't really train for real until January or so. With the exception of dips for both triceps and chest I train everything chest and triceps with Dbells. I use different weights in each hand so the weak pectoral or triceps is not overloaded. I think this also helps the healthy pectoral and triceps not get cheated in intensity. For the same reasons I stay away from Barbell exercises. I am older, battered, and maybe a tad delusional but I still feel I got a little left in the tank. I will touch on some of my mental aspects and approaches to bodybuilding. I will also get into more diet and training as well as share my prep.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Professional Muscle mobile app

I am not into prescribing cycles and this is just for entertainment purposes only ...lol

A cycle for an intermediate guy on my training routine would do something like this :

Weeks 1-3 = 500 mgs of test enth ,cyp , or sus + 50 mgs of anadrol or 25 mgs of db on training day pre workout ......injectable preferred

weeks 3-6 = 100 mgs of prop , tren , and masteron eod

weeks 6-9 = 100 mgs of test suspension ed and 50 mg of winsterol ed

then detox .....and give blood and cruise on 200 mgs of test a week no need to go off imo I like 250 -500 ius of hcg used twice a week unless a couple weeks before a show .....when do you next cycle you can switch the test ester and go with d-bol .....and npp for tren ......but i like guys to finish strong at the end and always have them use the suspension and winnie if they can get .......as time mounts you can increase the test and eventually throw in some deca or eq while bumping the oral dose higher .......

Remember it is all a very gradual thing .......when you get the point of say 750 test 400mg deca and 100 ad or 50 mg d bol .....ect....then add in gh and insulin instead of increasing your doses .........at this time use pre ,post ,and intra nutrition .[ we can go into that another time ] ......but we always start low so 3-5 ius humlin r pre workout and 2 ius gh after .....just on work out days ......you can progress from there to eventually using both before and after training .........

This all needs to be added slowly and done progressively or you really are missing out to seeing what works ......more doesn't always equal better

This would be for a dude that trained a fews yrs clean ....thinks he has a body that could be a national level guy and wants to find out ....this would be a guy into his 2 nd year of hard serious mass building .........if you did this and built up to it the year before .....you would be quite big if you followed the eating I recommend and everything else .......if by the end of year you aren;t pretty dam awesome ......pull back ...save your money ...don't buy supps unless for health ......don't spend a ton of cash on gh or gear .....just train and eat smart but not extreme and have a good body that looks like you take pride in it ........no need for more .......There I guys here that I really like ....but I see there posts and there pics and I think why are taking drugs and all these supps ? For what ? Like Emeric would say ....you can look like that with out drugs ..........and thats honest

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. I really appreciate that information and your thoughts on what you would do. It makes very good sense. I see all you are saying about progression with training, nutrition and supplementation to ensure progress at all times. I also agree that if you do not grow on this, then you should pull back and save your money.

Would there be something else you could use instead of winstrol that could yield similar results?

Honestly, I like Winnie to finish with the suspension Cuz...you don't hold water and you are strong on it ......you could prop do masteron prop put primo in the middle with the tren and primo.....like I said I am no guru .....I actually have less on hands experience than most everyone on this board...but I have observed and experimented on lots of folks ....for a long time ...Iam bright I see what fits very well in my eyes , I dealt gear pretty heavily for a few yrs (not proud of that in anyway ) and have been around lots of pros and amateurs over my life.....especially after I gave trying to be huge because the only thing bbers like more than drugs is pussy and my career has lead to many enlightening conversations over .....funny guys that have came and asked for my advice later .....ha ha .....the last 20 yrs since ,my exit from the chase for size....has brought me a ton of info I wish I knew then ...but it wasn't meant to be and that's a gd thing .,,,also the net has put me into contact with a guy like John Meadows....if you look on his site on one the earliest preps listed there he mentions me helping him.......I can't even tell you when that was exactly as it was so long ago ....I like talking training and diet ....but the gear thing I m just not super experienced myself.......and that's honest .....gear wrecked me ....made me a felon ....and limited lots of choices for me , I kind of hid away for many yrs after thinking I didn't deserve much ........knowing I could only blame myself........I have no regrets .....I wouldn't be here or have the cool life I lead now if it wasn't for the bbing mag my dad bought me at 10yrs old .......with that said .....I won't let this turn into a drug thread......I will let the other guys answer anything but minor stuff ......much love

Thanks for sharing, always good to read guys who persist and still are able to train and deal with injuries.

In July of 2016 while decline pressing with 345 lbs I tore my right Pectoral the shift in weight simultaneously tore my left triceps. For several reasons I opted to not have surgery. My chest feels pretty good but my left elbow is constantly very sore. And example would be it hurts to push down on a soap dispenser with my left hand. I messed around here and there but couldn't really train for real until January or so. With the exception of dips for both triceps and chest I train everything chest and triceps with Dbells. I use different weights in each hand so the weak pectoral or triceps is not overloaded. I think this also helps the healthy pectoral and triceps not get cheated in intensity. For the same reasons I stay away from Barbell exercises. I am older, battered, and maybe a tad delusional but I still feel I got a little left in the tank. I will touch on some of my mental aspects and approaches to bodybuilding. I will also get into more diet and training as well as share my prep.

Honestly, I like Winnie to finish with the suspension Cuz...you don't hold water and you are strong on it ......you could prop do masteron prop put primo in the middle with the tren and primo.....like I said I am no guru .....I actually have less on hands experience than most everyone on this board...but I have observed and experimented on lots of folks ....for a long time ...Iam bright I see what fits very well in my eyes , I dealt gear pretty heavily for a few yrs (not proud of that in anyway ) and have been around lots of pros and amateurs over my life.....especially after I gave trying to be huge because the only thing bbers like more than drugs is pussy and my career has lead to many enlightening conversations over .....funny guys that have came and asked for my advice later .....ha ha .....the last 20 yrs since ,my exit from the chase for size....has brought me a ton of info I wish I knew then ...but it wasn't meant to be and that's a gd thing .,,,also the net has put me into contact with a guy like John Meadows....if you look on his site on one the earliest preps listed there he mentions me helping him.......I can't even tell you when that was exactly as it was so long ago ....I like talking training and diet ....but the gear thing I m just not super experienced myself.......and that's honest .....gear wrecked me ....made me a felon ....and limited lots of choices for me , I kind of hid away for many yrs after thinking I didn't deserve much ........knowing I could only blame myself........I have no regrets .....I wouldn't be here or have the cool life I lead now if it wasn't for the bbing mag my dad bought me at 10yrs old .......with that said .....I won't let this turn into a drug thread......I will let the other guys answer anything but minor stuff ......much love

I love how open and honest you are. You are very humble and extremely knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing so much.

So, maybe do primo in the middle with the tren and test prop, then use the masteron at the end with the test suspension? What would be a good dose for the primo in your opinion??

Yes ...100mg eod of primo is fine like the masteron ........i honestly care about everyone here ......i see all of my mistakes ....the same passion ....and interest i once had .....it touches me ........i know what it is like to think being bigger or look better is some how going to brimg you the love and wholeness you seek .....ha ha .....i have been there ....and i only have compassion for that belief .........if can save a couple of you time ...money and risk so you can get to the truth sooner than later then i will be stoked ......i m here to love ...serve ...and remember.......

11111...........wow your posts made me smile and of course if you can find my post you can share it hear where it probably belongs ....

Absolutely , I think guys fail to get real instruction when they take training serious .....they don't learn to really do the movements they are doing .....they don't learn to contract the muscles they are working ......and they don't build foundations ......the framework you have ,dictates a lot ....the wider your shoulders ,the better taper you have ,and smaller your waist looks .....develop a strong rib box like Arnold or Lou and you have depth from the side that few have .

Structural training works .......it is best for teens or early 20s folk .....but I have seen quite a few people that were advanced really change their shoulder structure with routines like yours ....[ good job on your routine ] ....Several girls I trained took it serious and did it with out fail and made shocking changes in less than a yr , one was only 6 months ......[ girls don't need the rib cage work unless really frail ] not too hard to buy a chin stand for your garage and Olympic bar ....some plates and maybe a small bench .....and dip belt ....most can get off craigs list and for dirt cheap ...that way you don't need to go to the gym to get these work outs in ....I commend your effort ......You are going to totally alter your shape ....but 1-2 inch to your delt width is huge and as is couple of inches to your rib box ......

I remember being taught breathing squats , pullovers , and hise shrugs [ just google how to do them ] .....by an old guy from NY as like a 12 yr old ....came back to school after summer 30 lbs heavier and much different looking than any kid in my area ....at 12 I looked like a buffed 16 yr old ........maybe older honestly ...but this guy was insistent on the old ways of building the foundation ....it stuck .....and yes , guys like zulak , and dante saw what I had learned as well ....I think it is funny how no one cares about this stuff anymore [ but you my friend ] ....guys start taking over a gram of gear first cycle ....and gh is soon after usually at over 4 ius .....what a waste ....and none of that is going to last if you have to cut back or stop . And believe me, that day comes sooner than later .

Most of the guys reading this even if they abuse themselves will probably see 80 yrs old ...the younger will probably see older .........if you get 10 yrs to push it .....and 3-5 yrs is spent getting there .....that still leaves a lot of life to be had as person not consumed with their appearance . [ if you build a natty foundation .....start gear at 21 [ 23 would be better like me ] in 2-3 yrs you build most of your mass .....by year 3 you scale back if you aren't huge ....if you are and shape is good ....you push ....if you all like 99 % you would be starting to go backward before you were 31 and no matter what you did it would be tough or dangerous to make any changes .....then say you ride it out til 40 ,then what ? No one cares about old buff guys or thinks they are cool ......in fact ,most of them get made fun of, including me .....and I don't look all that juiced up .....so now what ? You are in your 40s and you spent your life identifying with your body , as the looks fade ,and the body just looks good for and older guy ......are you going kill yourself to hang on to the illusion that it really matters how you look ?

I tell this to my dancers all the time .....they are young and beautiful they think it is real and going to last ......but let me tell you, that there is nothing more sad than 40 yr old strippers ....they have nothing else, but their looks ,and in the end, it doesn't go well at all ......you must learn to see reality on this journey and not take it so serious .......relax it is supposed to be fun ......I train very hard ....but in between sets , I play grab ass with my girl ......or just be grateful for my breath......lol .....do this right fellas have your priorities in place .....learn about life , love , and just be kind to yourself and others ........we make it so much harder than it needs to be ......I know I did .......what a joke I was .......lol ......I once was lost .....ha ha ...now I am found, and you can all be as well ........I here to support that.......

Love yourself .....your body ....express your uniqueness and celebrate that . But please see that no one cares about any of this, but a group of us brothers .....and most of us are driven by fear , insecurity , and the need to be good enough .......I want you all to heal , be healthy , have fun , help others , and find your way to a peaceful life .......I can tell you all from experience that constantly wanting to be bigger and better, only leads to wanting more and never being satisfied ......if I can help you do this right[ save time , money , and your health ] and in a positive way I will, because I actually care . I know the pain inside of all of you [ deny it or not ] is the same pain that I was inside of me .......one love

Thanks Jason, really enjoy reading your posts.. I remember reading the old anabolic extreme withJason Mueller talking about training with you as well as Dante, that was a great online magazine, there are still some archived issues that you can read a few of the articles out there, although now, most of them are dead links unfortunately..

I know this is an advanced board ....but lets say you are Joe average 5 10 175 ....and done some training .....You would probably need about 65 lbs to be a national level guy and I am talking about just mass and lean mass here ....training smart ....and doing the gear right and eating progressively while getting very strong in the gym ....in 3-5 years any guy can have a lot of mass [ them looking good in their underware is up the genes ] You figure a 175 guy at that ht has to eat their way to around 280 -290 and hold it for a while to have a shot at 240 on stage ......so am I saying nearly anyone of average genetics can gain over 100 lbs of mass in 3 to 5 yrs ?[ not muscle ] Absolutely , I am see and helped ad few guys , I got close to it and I wasn't on point as much as I could have been ...diet down after you have the mass instead of hitting show after show ....spending all that time and money to get a little trophy that doesn't matter .....you train to look a certain way for yourself , focus on the journey of that and enjoy it along the way ....too many guys think muscle or on stage will some how get them more love or more value but sorry none of that is real...

Jason, in this process of putting on the base of your size, you're pushing the food, etc... you see bodyfat creeping up a bit, obviously slow things down a little bit and pull back (maybe cruise), but are you a fan of short 2 or 3 week "mini diets' where you drop kcals/carbs down a bit, eat fewer meals, maybe bump up the cardio a bit, maybe add in a thermogenic in order to boost insulin sensitivity and get a bit leaner (get your bodyfat back down into an acceptable and optimal range for muscle mass accrual)?

nice to hear from you young man....

:)

It depends where you are in the game imo .....if you trying to put on mass to see if you are going to compete and are young or a newbie ish .....then guess what ? You probably are going to get fat to extent ...but if you put your diet together as i outlined and the carbs low and are on gear .....you shouldnt get too fat by any means ....you may get bloated ...but honestly early on the fat and water help you get stronger right ? If you get stronger while using gd form you will be bigger ....too many guys want to stay lean when they are coming uo ....imo that just slows things down just like doing shows before you have national level size ....if you do this right your body will adapt your metabolism improves and your composition changes especially when you get to the stage of adding gh ( do not add to soon ) just get big ....when you have national level size ...say where an experienced guy sees you and says you are ready ....then diet down ...and see if you like the process .....and have a nice look ......once you are filled out and near genetic limit ....stay very lean ....and address weak points ....and at this point how you train ...eat ...or what you take isnt doing much positive for you ....just how you enjoy ...take the drugs you need to be competitive...and stay lean.....you either have it or you dont on stage so just be honest with yourself

If you are taking gear much beyond hrt and a couple of blasts a yr and you arent a pro ....you may want to look at why you are doing what you are doing....this is supposted be fun ...and positive guys not an obcession based in insecurity

It depends where you are in the game imo .....if you trying to put on mass to see if you are going to compete and are young or a newbie ish .....then guess what ? You probably are going to get fat to extent ...but if you put your diet together as i outlined and the carbs low and are on gear .....you shouldnt get too fat by any means ....you may get bloated ...but honestly early on the fat and water help you get stronger right ? If you get stronger while using gd form you will be bigger ....too many guys want to stay lean when they are coming uo ....imo that just slows things down just like doing shows before you have national level size ....if you do this right your body will adapt your metabolism improves and your composition changes especially when you get to the stage of adding gh ( do not add to soon ) just get big ....when you have national level size ...say where an experienced guy sees you and says you are ready ....then diet down ...and see if you like the process .....and have a nice look ......once you are filled out and near genetic limit ....stay very lean ....and address weak points ....and at this point how you train ...eat ...or what you take isnt doing much positive for you ....just how you enjoy ...take the drugs you need to be competitive...and stay lean.....you either have it or you dont on stage so just be honest with yourself

If you are taking gear much beyond hrt and a couple of blasts a yr and you arent a pro ....you may want to look at why you are doing what you are doing....this is supposted be fun ...and positive guys not an obcession based in insecurity

I totally agree with you here. that's the approach Dante has always preached and it worked for me. I don't have the genetics for national level size....but I think I did pretty good considering where I started

just going to ramble . . .

After looking at the prejudging pictures of the USA last night I would have to say not really . You will think with all the GH protocols , insulin regimens . high doses , pep tides , training advances , seo , gurus that there would be some amazing huge conditioned guys out there . I think it is sad with all the guys that take gear in this country that there aren't 5 guys in each class that even look good or even have the reason to be doing what it takes to compete at that level . I was only really impressed with the Light Heavy and he isn't even in great condition . I find that amazing .

(edit)

So my question to you guys . Is how to do we take all this vast knowledge of training , diet , drugs , and recovery and help some of the younger utilize it and producing better physiques ...There are some great minds here ....and I would like to help . How do you think we can do this and sort though all this info to help guys achieve bodies people look up to again . Seeing to USA made me sad and honestly it has been pretty weak over all for 10 to 15 yrs at the national level ....I would like to see it get better again and even help .....Any ideas fellas ? Or why guys look as they do despite all the better conditions ?

Cyberspace is indulgent, but attention spans are shorter so I honestly don’t have a legitimate answer to your question,
just some random thoughts . . .

Much time is wasted as a result of this technology (cyberspace). It is supposed to enable you to gather more information,
and it does, but information of a certain kind, thin information which does not nourish or lead to wisdom. You end up
knowing less: you have no time to find out the things you are looking for because you're lowering your face into this
blinding, rushing torrent of instant reports and e-chatter.

Once we know something, we find it hard to imagine what it was like not to know it. Our knowledge has ‘cursed’ us.
Reversing the process is as difficult as un-ringing a bell. You can't unlearn what you already know. There are, in fact,
only two ways to beat the Curse of Knowledge reliably. The first is not to learn anything. The second is to take your
ideas and transform them.

So I really don’t think it is possible to go back. Renata Adler wrote, in her novel Speedboat, about giving a piece of sugar
to a raccoon, which in its odd fastidiousness would wash the sugar in a brook till there was nothing left.

Bodybuilding is just a jolly popularity contest, or as New York Times reporter David Carr put it about having his own blog,
it's like "a large yellow Labrador: friendly, fun, not all that bright, but constantly demanding your attention."

But the stupidity is ours. We misunderstand ourselves; we are very vain and very stupid. We build a great bonfire to
warm ourselves and then complain that the flames are too hot and fierce, that we are blinded by the smoke.

I have said this before, here, . . . As we get older, with the benefit of experience (and having seen so much time slip by),
we begin to notice that most things (bodybuilding for instance) have little lasting impact on our lives. Those people
whose opinions we cared about so much before are no longer present in our lives. Rejections that were painful
in the moment have actually worked out for the best. We realize how little attention people pay to the superficial
details about us, and we choose not to obsess so much over them.

Speaking for myself . . . I'm disappointed in myself. In my life. All my life, everything I tried, I only got halfway there.
You try to take advantage of the time you have. That's what they tell you to do. But when you're old, you look back
and you see all you did, with all that time, is waste it. All you have is a story of things you never started or couldn't finish.
Things you fought with all your heart to build that didn't last or fought with all your heart to get rid of and they're all
still around.

In my lifetime, it has occurred to me now, there are at least two things that haven’t changed: first, what worries me;
second, what makes me laugh.

I had recently read something in Scientific American about the Roman city of Herculaneum, buried by Vesuvius,
uncovered by archaeologists; how exposure to light and air was destroying what centuries of darkness had preserved.
And radiation treatment? A textbook example of a situation where the cure was worse than the disease. On balance,
most of the time, in the ordinary course of life, it was probably best to say what was in your heart, to share what was
on your mind, to tell the people you loved that you loved them, to ask those you had harmed to forgive you and to
confront those who had hurt you with the truth about the damage they had done. When it came to things that needed
to be said, speech was always preferable to silence, but it was of no use at all in the presence of the unspeakable.

I would have written something shorter but I just didn’t have the time.

(edit)

:headbang:

Ditto.

PF .......I will try and answer this while it is slow here at work ....How do I train ? Hmm.....I divide my body into upper and lower body ......I do 3 - 5 sets a body part ... after warm up s [ some times ....one movement and sometimes 5 different ones of one set ] I train in 3 rep ranges , 15 -20 , 8-12 , 5-7 .....on some body parts like legs ....I will do a 40 to 100 rep extended set .....I usually hit failure in all three ranges during my working sets .....I usually hit failure higher ranges to heavy because I am old and it keeps my weights down a bit and warms me up even more so I don't get hurt . If I was young and trying to get big I would warm up and hit heavy first . Once every cycle ....include a rest pause for each body part ala DC style .......and then usually do drop set on my heavy set the opposite workouts with a static hold or i will stage reps or burns ....If i feel burnt I don't train to failure and leave one or two reps in the tank .....I have 3 main workouts I do for every body part and i rotate them each session .....but sometimes I throw in an instinctive workout just because my intuition tells me to [ this is when i usually do multiple movements ] I stick with basic stuff .....nothing too fancy ......I can give body part examples if you wish .......My cycles are 11 weeks .......I train upper /lower 6 days a week for 3 weeks [ so each body part 3 times a week ] , then I train upper /lower for 4 days a week [ so everything twice a week ] for 3 weeks .....then I train every other day the last 3 weeks ....[ so everything 1-2 times a week ] Then I take 5 -7 days off .....then 7-9 days of lighter super set training , The I hit it all over again sometimes i take an extra week in the recovery phase ..........My reasons ....are simple coming off a lay off I can handle the high frequency , but by week three I am getting stronger and recovery is tapped . the extra rest keeps gains moving further ......but after 3 weeks I need a little more recovery and need to be smart to keep weight climbing up and if an extra day off is needed it is taken .....by then you should be much stronger than you started .....your body will be on the brink of injury or burn out so you take 5- 7 days off .....You come back with a different style of training that gives you a little active recovery and prepares you for the next high frequency period

So that is my style ...a little dante ....a little phil ,,,,,and 70s mentzer .....and built from some of john meadows influence .....Nothing crazy ...but great program .....anyone I have on this program tells me it is the best routine they have followed .........If I was a young guy I would cycle my eating with the routine and it would be very effective .......If you played the drug game you could use all fast acting compounds and play with gh and insulin in various ways ......it isn't what I am doing so I won't include that .....But simple and basic like the guys said .....no need for gurus or craziness .....you don't have to get complicated and there is no magic routine or method......anything can work ........but this routine is solid , plus I enjoy it

Great post Iabadman. Could you give some more info on some of your training?

During the first cycle, do you you try to go to failure in all sets and exercises?

You like to add rest-pause sets once during each cycle? Like one week straight? And during your last week, you like to do forced reps?

First of all , Man you got to like when alfresco posts .....probably too deep for the young guys , but the guy is profound . He traveled the world and done so many things .........he has a good marriage and life and saying the guy is winning in my eyes and is someone when can all learn from .

Next ......lol ......ah Jason Muller [ aka big Shawn ] .....he chose then to use the pin name Jason because of you know who here.....lol ......Anabolic Extreme was created sadly after is mom died and our arrest ......He ofter liked to call me the wop [ due to my Italian/Sicilian heritage..] He was a gifted writer , super bright , and got on the net at the right time ......but he couldn't give up the lifestyle and had a few other issues that cost him a chance to big very big in the game like Dante has become .....I still believe he could create a niche for himself anytime he wants as he is that bright and talented .....When extreme was taking off I was training some guys ...running clubs and letting go of being huge .......I just could justify getting into trouble again , but I always loved the art and there were at least a dozen times when I nearly went all in again ......I miss Shawn ...we were close .....Dante and I were acquaintances ....I respected him and looked up to him ......I wanted to be his friend ........Shawn and I were friends ........we went through some hairy stuff many times ....he was always fearless and composed ......we lived close ....worked together ...and trained together til I gave it up ......I lived 600 miles from DC ...and only wish I had more time to get to know him .....definitely a neat guy ....intelligent ...with a sensitive side ..

I think when I first put this together I didn't go to failure ....I hadn't been training regularly and didn't want to get hurt .....I left a rep or two in the tank ......I think most guys should to the same .....just get stronger ...do the stretching ...and recover .....the thing with low volume training is for it to be effective you have to train to failure or at least dam close ......otherwise you won't cause an adaption response ......I was a sprinter .....I can jump ....I once had a vertical jump of 40 inches .....I am explosive .[ my personality always was as well until recently .....am a person that would rather punch you in the face than argue about it things like a girl ...ha ha ] ....getting in and banging it hard ......made sense to me ....I saw a sprinter body and a runners body ....I wanted the sprinters look ten fold ........Plus as a kid ....hanging out in the gym seemed lame to me .....and as a young man I d rather be fucking a chick ,than looking at them or trying to talk to them while they are trying to work out or are just there for attention .....lol ......I had better things to do back then .....ha ha ......

I think DC 's version of rest pause is prob of one of the greatest pure size and strength techniques in bbing ......I have tried mentzer's as well, it can be effective too.....but for size and strength it doesn't get much better ......they are just brutal and week after week they are tough on the cns ....and mentally you have to like to really get after it for them to really do their thing ....they are much more effective than the drop sets ....partials and holds I do for size .....those methods are used for time under tension and to not fry the cns as much ........remember I have 3 [ or more routines for every body part ...more like 5 .....lol ...but I rotate them and try to improve in some way when ever possible ....as an older beat up guy ....that isn't always smart or possible, so I am careful ....but you young bucks should kill it every time out unless in a recovery phase .......seeing that improvement is fun and should keep things interesting .........what I was saying it I add a rest pause to my core exercises in one those rotations [ as I go through the routine ] ....Hopefully that makes more sense .....

Forced reps and negatives can be effective, Trevor Smith liked them ....I think most guys use them too much ......but with a good strong partner they can be used effectively if not over used or too much help is involved [ they should be making things harder not easier ].........Negatives are awesome but you need the right partner ...high self awareness ..and can't over use them as well [ everything in moderation ]........DC used to have us explode up and count to 8 on the way down on everything back in the day .....[ I think now he has changed that to 4 ] talk about a humbling way to train ......at first our loads dropped to almost half ......after a short while we ended up stronger than ever doing that......Back training that way was way different and brutal .....

Why do do think you have to rotate intensity techniques and have a lot of awareness .........well , I will give you and example .....I was stuck in the 600s for deadlifts for a long time......when I went to do DC training [ his old version ...I wrote about it on here in past , I am sure that you can find ] ...Dante loved rack deads ......and those kicked my ass with the loads we were using ........so when we would do deads instead I would be even weaker ....after a while I started to even go backwards ......But then I stopped doing rest pauses on them .....and got stronger ......I stopped doing them every week and things jumped up big time .....Shawn could verify that I got kicked out a gym with him cause I was dead lifting 765 for a 3 [ had more in the tank ] and my strap broke and it actually came down so hard it launched me over the bar into the mirror breaking it ....it was a new gym and they kicked us out , despite me offering to pay for it , saying we got chalk and grease every where [ because we often ate del taco while we trained in those days ...lol ] Shortly , after I tweeked a hip and went clean to get ready for my big run [ but got arrested right before that big run was about to happen and walked away from there ] It bums me ...that I never got to rep 800 .....or hit some of my other lifts I knew I would get to in another year of good training ....[ Shawn and I had to join a gym the ifbb bber Kris dim owned for a while that is featured in a couple battle of the Olympia dvds and his training dvd .....because it had 200 lbs dbs and we needed them for rows and presses eventually ......at that gym we ended up hitting 500 lb bent rows ...200 lb db rows for high reps ...t bar with 10 to 12 plates ...I dont remember those honestly ]

Sorry got off on a tangent ....but my point was that using super high intensity fries your cns .....it must be varied ,not blindly followed .....also to use then right you have to do them to real hardcore failure not like most guys ....like I had a gun to your head kind of failure . [ a good training partner is huge .....it makes it all so good on many levels .....I wished DC had got to live around us back then .....we had some much fun .....lol ...but we probably would have been too much for him ....ha ha ....not in the gym ..but we were crazy fuckers back then .....My god we were fighting people every week in the most random places ......it was retarded ....but we never looked for it ]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131