over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HAS THERE EVER BEEN???????????

PHIL HERNON

Banned
A CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS OF ROID RAGE? INVESTIGATORS ARE CHECKING TO THIS AS A POSSIBLE CAUSE TO THIS TRAGEDY. WHAT NEXT, BOBBY CUTTS HAD ROID RAGE ALSO? THE GUY WHO SHOT HIS WIFE AND 3 KIDS IN A VAN HAD ROID RAGE? HOW ARE THEY GOING TO INVESTIGATE THIS???

its a witch hunt, "news" entertainment

The media misses me off about that s@#$. They know nothing about steroids they just go off what the rest of the world says. I don't think there has been a death ever that can be directlly related to steroid use.

A CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS OF ROID RAGE? INVESTIGATORS ARE CHECKING TO THIS AS A POSSIBLE CAUSE TO THIS TRAGEDY. WHAT NEXT, BOBBY CUTTS HAD ROID RAGE ALSO? THE GUY WHO SHOT HIS WIFE AND 3 KIDS IN A VAN HAD ROID RAGE? HOW ARE THEY GOING TO INVESTIGATE THIS???

I think it's all total bullshit bro!!!

muscular development mag once had a article addressing this.. they cited numerous studies that completely refute the roid rage issue.. but, i am sure the reporters and investigators will find that one studies to help their case..:mad:

My experience has been that guys that are assholes on the juice are also assholes when off the juice

Its a bunch of Bull

Wsup Phil,
I just saw that sh#t too. I was going to start a thread on it but you beat me to it. I personally have never done gear but I have enough knowledge to know that roid rage is a myth. But hey its the media whatever grabs headlines and more viewers.....idiots!!! Wait to untill Bill O' Really (lol) Gets a hold of this its gonna be a circus!

To answer your question Phil, NO, I don't think they have ever put that much research into this so called Roid Rage. My opinion is that AAS can raise aggression in some individuals, but that aggressive nature/tendancy was always there! it has only amplified and manifested itself due to the individual not being able to control their level of aggression. Is it Diagnosable......hell I don't know. But I do see it as an easy way to explain all violent crimes for which they have no real motive or answer for. So it is easy to say.......He was full of juice and had roid rage and went on a killing rampage! Case closed! Maybe one of the Psych's here could shed a bit more light on this subject. Besides it is what the public wants to hear! Something sensational.

"ROID RAGE" is a stereotypical beast portrayed from ignorance of the general public.

Bodybuilding to me is a wonderful sport. I've loved working out
since I started back in 1974 and during thoughs years met alot
of good people, BUT unfortunately I think it also attracts alot
of bad apples. Guys with that typical bad ass attitude. the ones
with the short fuse that pumps up and looks for that fight in the
bar. Hot heads. Anyway, just my opioin not an argument. I'm going
by what I've seen so many times. It's all about attitude.

muscular development mag once had a article addressing this.. they cited numerous studies that completely refute the roid rage issue.. but, i am sure the reporters and investigators will find that one studies to help their case..:mad:

I majored in video productions and journalism. I have taken numerous script writing classes over the years and I had several professors that worked in news stations as writers and producers, I was friends with even a few directors at one point. All I can say is that the one thing they always focused on was how to "spark" interest in any boring story. We always had to take stories and pump them up to make them more exciting, give people a reason to watch our station.
::sigh:: I feel bad for the woman and child that was killed, a real tragic thing to have happened, but the media has this and they're going to run it into the ground for all it's worth.

One thing I am glad about though, I thought the voices in my head was the devil, now I know it wasn't Lucifer at all, it was just the steroids telling me to hurt people. Makes me feel a little better knowing where the voices are coming from.

Have a good night.

huh makes you wonder?

i know i have experienced increased aggression to a minimal effect but nothing to the point in being a "rage"... if anything i would say aas will give you a general feeling of well being and relieve stress(imo).... obviously different compounds will act differently in people, but when you think about the majority of people using hrt they seem to feel a lot better and it seems to take them out of a depressive state, i would guess the man was extremly depressed, or had some other rec drug problem( i dont mean to pass judgment, but that is my opinion)

its like the lady who killed her 5 kids in the bathtub( i forgot her name) the little boys were the cutiest kids you'd ever seen though, she must have obviously been using anabolics to infuse a "steroid rage" (not to make light of the situation)....

What kills me is the headline I just saw: "Bibles placed next to bodies. Steroids found in room."

I can't even read the articles anymore they get me so mad. Steroids would have no more to do with it then the bibles did.

huh makes you wonder?

i know i have experienced increased aggression to a minimal effect but nothing to the point in being a "rage"... if anything i would say aas will give you a general feeling of well being and relieve stress(imo).... obviously different compounds will act differently in people, but when you think about the majority of people using hrt they seem to feel a lot better and it seems to take them out of a depressive state, i would guess the man was extremly depressed, or had some other rec drug problem( i dont mean to pass judgment, but that is my opinion)

its like the lady who killed her 5 kids in the bathtub( i forgot her name) the little boys were the cutiest kids you'd ever seen though, she must have obviously been using anabolics to infuse a "steroid rage" (not to make light of the situation)....
You are correct KM. Most people, males anyway may have a tendancy to be aggressive. it is all in self control that you either let it get to the point of rage or not. Test always makes me feel good. No short fuse. Like you said, general overall feeling of wellbeing. I have a guy at my gym, 40ish and he was a little depressed and withdrawn. I have given him some natural capsules that are supposed to boost test levels from your body. After about three weeks on these and this guy is a different person. I asked him the other day and he said he feels good, things with the wife and kids have improved and he is a little more tolerant of stupid shit now. So where does the rage really come from??

So where does the rage really come from??

immaturity and being uneducated. People read that steroids do "xyz" as a side effect so they believe that when they're on them, they can behave in that manner. These are the same men that when they're drunk (whether on roids or not) are the ones that go out to bars looking for fights. They need to "prove" that they're men by slamming someone's head into a wall (or trying to anyway)

I'm not going to lie, I have taken stupid amounts of test over the years, unhealthy levels, but I never got to the point of wanting to kick someone's teeth in because he looked at me the wrong way, but I know guys that have taken 500mg a week and start to act like no one can kick their ass, they play it up more then anything, goes from being confident/maybe a little cocky, into turning into a straight a hole that I don't want to be around. I have a great job now, and I'm not going to risk going to jail on a Saturday night because this moron thinks it's okay to "kick someone's ass" because he's juicing now and has to show the world how much of a *man* he is.

I hate it when guys have to *act* tough because it's just so easy to see thru them. lol

Passion, juice, and rage.

Okay.. here's my opinion. This man, like many of us on this site right now, was possessed of a vastly flawed self image. I mean.. what is the "bottom line" on bodybuilding.. Are you ever big enough, ripped enough, strong enough?! Of course not..in most cases, because what is "good" to the average person, for a bodybuilder is unacceptable. We are separate from the rest because we have something to prove, as much to ourselves as to anyone else. In most cases if we really believed in ourselves then exercise would be "part" of our lives and not the core reality. (I am not putting that on anyone else..but I can tell you, If I cannot get to the gym I am not a happy camper at all!! So my self esteem and my ability to interact successfully with others is hooked to my training.)
So that said.. what has that got to do with this fucking tragedy? My (somewhat educated) guess is that this man lived in the fantasy of total power that he thought was his and he controlled the people that he loved through fear and intimidation. I don't necessarily mean that he was cruel, I mean that because he could not simply believe that he was really worth loving by anybody.. he controlled the situation by intimidation. So if his lady (I mean "HIS POSSESSION FOR LIFE!") announced that she wanted out of the relationship.. she wanted to destroy the only thing that was keeping him glued together at all.. then she had to die.. and if she had to die, then they all had to die, because as completely nuts as it may sound, he loved them (as in completely possessive, smothering ownership) and could not be without them.. "destroy my marriage, destroy us, destroy everything!" Roids? Hmmmm.. only a fragment of this very fucking sad chunk of reality.

I want to see the Tox report to see what else what in his system......

not that i believe in roid rage....

BUT ......

my normal agressive, impatient and quicktempered nature is amplified by either the steroids themselves or simply the change in hormones... realizing i have altered my body's chemistry, i take extra care to pay attention to my demeanor and have never had an issue...

having on ocasion mixed that amplified state with narcotics or other dumb drugs like ghb, bzp, whatever, my ability to be as in control under any and all circumstances was less than stellar.

if roid rage exists at all, it is not the trance like and disconnected state of being as newsfolk and defense attorneys would have you believe.

it is more likely yellin at your wife over shit you normally wouldnt...

im not the most pleseant guy but i consider it like one long period and revenge for the weeks over the years i have had to endure a bitchy attitude and irrational reactions to trivial misgivings due to hormonal imbalances.

I agree.

I want to see the Tox report to see what else what in his system......

Rage: What I know about RAGE would be described as a sudden, explosive burst of anger. The information I read indicated that the wife was killed Friday, the son on Saturday, followed by his suicide Sunday.

I don't personally subscribe to the roid rage idea. Even if one were to believe in wild rages caused by the use of anabolics, this crime doesn't fit the description of the tragedy, which took place over a span of three days.

Something else was going on there.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc