over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart attack at 35 :/

Growthman

Registered
After 15 + years of moderate to heavy ped usage it happened; a minor heart attack at the age of 35. Pre contest during my last prep I was suffering shortness of breath and chest pains. I went in for an ekg which was abnormal. After further testing they concluded that I’d suffered a minor myocardial infarction aka heart attack.

The good news; I’ve turned things around. Instead of 5 days/week of weights with little to no cardio, I now do 3 days/week weights and 3 days/week CrossFit. I’ve been running 5-10 miles/week. I cut out the processed garbage foods for healthier foods. I’ve nearly dropped all ped’s (hrt, test cyp at 140mg/week), will come off completely if I can. Body weight has dropped from the 250’s to 215-218. I would t mind if I get closer to 200 at 6’

I’m not saying I’m done with B.B. altogether as I love competing (been competing since 02’). For now, and the next few years I’ll rest/recover focusing on heart healthy activities and my (very) young family.

My intention of posting this isn’t to be a Debbie downer on blasting gear. It’s merely to point out that what we do is very risky, especially at the advanced level. You can only blast for so long before something in the engine goes. If it hasn’t yet, it will.

Be safe brothers

Thanks for posting and glad to hear your recovery has been well. If nothing else this is a good reminder that anyone at ANY age can be affected by a cardiac event.

After 15 + years of moderate to heavy ped usage it happened; a minor heart attack at the age of 35. Pre contest during my last prep I was suffering shortness of breath and chest pains. I went in for an ekg which was abnormal. After further testing they concluded that I’d suffered a minor myocardial infarction aka heart attack.

The good news; I’ve turned things around. Instead of 5 days/week of weights with little to no cardio, I now do 3 days/week weights and 3 days/week CrossFit. I’ve been running 5-10 miles/week. I cut out the processed garbage foods for healthier foods. I’ve nearly dropped all ped’s (hrt, test cyp at 140mg/week), will come off completely if I can. Body weight has dropped from the 250’s to 215-218. I would t mind if I get closer to 200 at 6’

I’m not saying I’m done with B.B. altogether as I love competing (been competing since 02’). For now, and the next few years I’ll rest/recover focusing on heart healthy activities and my (very) young family.

My intention of posting this isn’t to be a Debbie downer on blasting gear. It’s merely to point out that what we do is very risky, especially at the advanced level. You can only blast for so long before something in the engine goes. If it hasn’t yet, it will.

Be safe brothers

Im glad that you didn't end up like me and need a defibrillator. It has been about 10 years since mine now. I had mine at 38 years old. Im 48 now and have had some bad scares but am still alive and kickin. I am sure they gave you an angiogram? You have at least one blockage somewhere, how did they clear that?

Mine was a blood clot and they aspirated it out. I watched it on the monitor. Wondering if you have a stent in now.

I had one at 41.

Everything has a cost, and you never know when you'll have to pay. Glad you're good to go now!

What dosages did you took in the past?

So you didn't drop to the Floor and stuff? This shit scares me :eek:

Be safe brothers

Sometimes, those of us who get a wake up call can see this as a blessing in disguise. It makes us understand that we are in fact, mortal. It also can become a fun endeavor to completely alter our lifestyle to see how healthy we can become and reverse the damage we had caused. I'm glad to see you're on the right track (just don't come off TRT).

Glad to hear you made it through and are making the needed changes in your life. Keep us updated.

Sorry to hear about your heart attack. I am glad you made it through and have been given the chance to make the necessary changes. As Nothuman posted hopefully you can reverse some of the damage you caused and live a healthy and long life. I would also listen to him about not coming come off trt if natural recovery is not possible. Just curious and if you don't mind could you answer some questions.

Did you have any warnings beforehand? Did you get regular blookwork? How was your bloodwork? Typical blood pressure reading? What were some of the highest dosed cycles you done and for how long? Did you ever come off? If you cruised what was your typical cruise dose?

If you don't want to answer that is fine and it makes no difference but just curious. I state it makes no difference because everyone is different. I could decide to blast 5 grams for years and be ok or I could stay on 150mg test only and have a heart attack in 6 months. We obviously don't know what the future holds. As Nothuman stated it could be a blessing in disguise. We are all just living life and hoping for the best. It's good when guys let us know about their health issues as many of us live the same sort of lives and take the same things so we need to always have health in mind.

Thank you for sharing your story, as it gives us all a reminder of the cost of “doing business”. Glad to see you are still around to tell the story. Best of luck to your health in the future.

Be safe brothers

You can go lower than 140mg / week.

Im glad that you didn't end up like me and need a defibrillator. It has been about 10 years since mine now. I had mine at 38 years old. Im 48 now and have had some bad scares but am still alive and kickin. I am sure they gave you an angiogram? You have at least one blockage somewhere, how did they clear that?

Mine was a blood clot and they aspirated it out. I watched it on the monitor. Wondering if you have a stent in now.

Nothing invasive (yet) tbh. I haven’t done any follow up yet but with lifestyle changes I feel much better.

What dosages did you took in the past?

So you didn't drop to the Floor and stuff? This shit scares me :eek:

Mostly 750-1000mg test/week with 300-500mg/week of an anabolic. Been as high as 2 grams of test per week, 500 mg tren/week, 100mg anadrol/day etc etc. Gh max was 12-15iu/d pharma grade, never been over 30-40iu slin/d.

My theory isn’t so much the dosages but the lack of cardio and 250+ body weight (naturally I’m an ecto)

Sometimes, those of us who get a wake up call can see this as a blessing in disguise. It makes us understand that we are in fact, mortal. It also can become a fun endeavor to completely alter our lifestyle to see how healthy we can become and reverse the damage we had caused. I'm glad to see you're on the right track (just don't come off TRT).

Great post and I agree wholeheartedly, thank you.

Sorry to hear about your heart attack. I am glad you made it through and have been given the chance to make the necessary changes. As Nothuman posted hopefully you can reverse some of the damage you caused and live a healthy and long life. I would also listen to him about not coming come off trt if natural recovery is not possible. Just curious and if you don't mind could you answer some questions.

Did you have any warnings beforehand? Did you get regular blookwork? How was your bloodwork? Typical blood pressure reading? What were some of the highest dosed cycles you done and for how long? Did you ever come off? If you cruised what was your typical cruise dose?

If you don't want to answer that is fine and it makes no difference but just curious. I state it makes no difference because everyone is different. I could decide to blast 5 grams for years and be ok or I could stay on 150mg test only and have a heart attack in 6 months. We obviously don't know what the future holds. As Nothuman stated it could be a blessing in disguise. We are all just living life and hoping for the best. It's good when guys let us know about their health issues as many of us live the same sort of lives and take the same things so we need to always have health in mind.

Don’t mind one bit. After all we are all here to help one another.

Warning signs; dizziness/lightheaded. When I’d squat/DL I’d feel like I was going to black out (more than normal). Chest pains during HIT cardio. Blood work, yes a few times but not regularly. Everything was pretty normal. BP wasn’t too bad. Highest it got was 140–150/90-95 at 260lbs. At 225 lbs it was closer to normal. I wasn’t a super heavy user as I felt it was a waste but more moderate. I’d come off usually about half the time I was on give or take. Never really cruised always came off. To take it a step further, I’ve used amphs a good # of times and smoked reefer heavily for years, not sure if either of those played a role. The dr said he thought it was the speed. Don’t judge I’m just being honest. I wouldn’t write it off as the speed or pot though. This also was during a stressful time in my life so maybe that contributed. Who knows. Never a huge drinker but beer or wine on occasion.

Probably a perfect shit storm of everything. Good to know you're still here!

So basically the diagnosed you with a heart attack while you were there to check it out? I always was under the impression that you'd fall to the floor if you had a heart attack but I'm clearly wrong. Was your cholesterol good?

Thanks for share, don't forget regular bloods and ekg guys, and agree, cardio is necessary for me, so many of us don't realize that our heart is the most vulnerable organ/delicate muscle to steroids...

Probably a perfect shit storm of everything. Good to know you're still here!

So basically the diagnosed you with a heart attack while you were there to check it out? I always was under the impression that you'd fall to the floor if you had a heart attack but I'm clearly wrong. Was your cholesterol good?

Actually, HALF of all heart attacks go undetected. There could be members here who have had one and don't even realize it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/17/half-of-people-who-have-heart-attacks-dont-even-know-it.html

Nothing invasive (yet) tbh. I haven’t done any follow up yet but with lifestyle changes I feel much better.

Oh, wow. They didn't do a cardiac cath on you to see what vessels are either blocked or narrowed down? IMO that is very poor medicine considering they think you had a heart attack. Did you have an echocardiogram done?

I always was under the impression that you'd fall to the floor if you had a heart attack but I'm clearly wrong. Was your cholesterol good?

No you don't. I had a massive heart attack and drove home from the gym while I was having it. I had no chest pain and even racked all my plates after doing my squats. I had the heart attack while squatting. Had 455 lbs on there and racked it all. I don't believe in leaving plates on the bar! So I did all of that while having a very bad heart attack and had no chest pain.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear