over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help needed pain relief for MS

BIGKIWI

IFBB PRO / FOUNDING Member
IFBB PROS
Hi guys need some help my dad has MS and is in constant pain can anyone have dealings with people with MS and drugs used to stop the pain ?? New Zealand is 10 years behind the world in medicine, I just see him in agony all the time and is not nice :) please help thanks :)

vanilla gorilla said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is MS?

Thanks pal,
VG
Multiple sclerosis: MS is thought to be an autoimmune disease, where a person's immune system mistakenly attacks normal tissues in his/her body. In MS, attacks are aimed at the brain and spinal cord, or the central nervous system. Myelin, which insulates these nerves and helps in the transmission of nerve impulses, is destroyed. Without myelin, signals transmitted throughout the central nervous system are disrupted or halted. The brain becomes unable to send and receive messages.

How about IP's hydrocodone?

SS

Kiwi

I know a lot about pain :eek:

1st -- his doc MUST give him somehting for the pain ya?
Ok here is what I can tell you....

He should take an anti-inflammatory, (like celebrex) and then try and see if you can get your hands (or have him ask his doc) on some neurontin -- this is a medication used for epilepsy AND becoming very popular for people who are in lots of pain, it is not very addictive, and it targets the nerves response mechanisms I believe, so it does help with pain.

I hate to say this, but there are other meds out there that would prolly make his life much more bearable --- meds such as oxycontin (you will hear a lot of bad things about this, but that is due to the abuse / addiction of the drug) or any form of oxycodone or hydromorphine. For some people this med has been a lifesaver...I am talking about people who are in so much pain they cannot get out of bed...yet after administering this drug, they are up and at 'em...no shit it is that strong. There is also a new med produced by Purdue Pharma (makers of Oxycontin) called palladone that is given to pateints that are in the worst pain possible (cancer, MS, burn victims) but it is growing in popularity especially in the UK..I guess the FDA asked Purdue to withdraw the drug after finding out the abuse potential was so great, more importantly it was also a very potent med that if mixed with alcohol could be quite lethal, due to overdose...this is because some people fake the hell out of thier pain, get the meds, then sell them on the blackmarket to junkies...who then do stupid ass shit w/ the meds and end up killing themselves etc etc...Anyway I hope this helps. If he is in absolutely horrific pain, a morhine pump works wonders as well. Sorry about your pop Justin. :eek:

Last edited:
Essentail fatty acids and other fatty acids. I went on pubmed and there are some studies in regrads to fatty acids. I cant remember exactly I watched a medical docmentary in an alternative medicine class i took in college , but it was on MS and these docters came up with a special blend of fatty acids that really helped with MS and slowed and reversed some of the effects. Anyways her is a nutritional approach to MS i got off a website.

Multiple Sclerosis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease of the central nervous system affecting the brain, optic nerves of the eye, and the spinal chord. MS destroys the myelin sheaths that cover the nerves, leaving scar tissue and eventually killing the nerve. This process is called sclerosis. Symptoms of multiple sclerosis include dizziness, mood changes, depression, eye problems, blurred or double vision, tingling or numbness in hands and/or feet, loss of balance, stiffness, slurred speech, tremors, fatigue, weakness, impotence, and difficulty breathing. Multiple sclerosis affects people in the United States more often than many countries due to a diet high in saturated fats, cholesterol, and alcohol.
Nutrient / Supplement Helpful Notes
Omega Fatty Acids People with multiple sclerosis are often found to be lacking in fatty acids which can help control the symptoms of MS. Omega fatty acids come from fish oil normally but also can be found plant sources such as flax seed oil and borage seed oil. There are supplements which contain all of these, usually with excellent results.
Inositol Stimulates the central nervous system and aids in protecting the myelin sheath damaged by multiple sclerosis.
B vitamins B vitamins help strengthen the immune system and also help maintain healthy nerves. B6 promotes red blood cell production and B12 helps protect against nerve damage.
GLA Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) is an essential fatty acid which is often used in combination with omega fatty acids to help control and reduce the health problems caused by multiple sclerosis.
Magnesium Magnesium helps balance calcium, which is beneficial to people with multiple sclerosis. A good source of magnesium is a quality multi-vitamin and mineral supplement, especially one with calcium, magnesium, and selenium.
Acidophilus Helps increase the absorption of nutrients and detoxify harmful substances as well as aids in digestion.
Multi-vitamin Contains vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A, selenium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and calcium, which all are helpful for MS.

Dr Arden Anderson

Bigkiwi,

Sorry to hear about your father, I am sure it is tough watching the illness progress. There is a Dr in the US that should be very helpful, his name is in the title. He has done studies showing multiple food allergies, multiple chemical sensitivites, heavy metal toxicity, electromagnetic/geopathic sensitivity and liver toxicity play a large role in the progression of the illness not to mention the pain. He treats MS from these perspectives along with normal drug therapy when needed.
I found out about this guy from my father in law who goes to him for a different issue. He has been very happy with him and has done wonderfully under his care. If you do not have the means to come here maybe he would give you a referral to another Dr closer. PM me if you would like his number.

Ivan said:
I know a lot about pain :eek:

1st -- his doc MUST give him somehting for the pain ya?
Ok here is what I can tell you....

He should take an anti-inflammatory, (like celebrex) and then try and see if you can get your hands (or have him ask his doc) on some neurontin -- this is a medication used for epilepsy AND becoming very popular for people who are in lots of pain, it is not very addictive, and it targets the nerves response mechanisms I believe, so it does help with pain.

I hate to say this, but there are other meds out there that would prolly make his life much more bearable --- meds such as oxycontin (you will hear a lot of bad things about this, but that is due to the abuse / addiction of the drug) or any form of oxycodone or hydromorphine. For some people this med has been a lifesaver...I am talking about people who are in so much pain they cannot get out of bed...yet after administering this drug, they are up and at 'em...no shit it is that strong. There is also a new med produced by Purdue Pharma (makers of Oxycontin) called palladone that is given to pateints that are in the worst pain possible (cancer, MS, burn victims) but it is growing in popularity especially in the UK..I guess the FDA asked Purdue to withdraw the drug after finding out the abuse potential was so great, more importantly it was also a very potent med that if mixed with alcohol could be quite lethal, due to overdose...this is because some people fake the hell out of thier pain, get the meds, then sell them on the blackmarket to junkies...who then do stupid ass shit w/ the meds and end up killing themselves etc etc...Anyway I hope this helps. If he is in absolutely horrific pain, a morhine pump works wonders as well. Sorry about your pop Justin. :eek:

I'm totally am with you. There is no quality of life at all in that much pain. I know this pain also oh yesssssss. My best friend for 4 days was a morphine pump... gave me morphine every ten minutes if I wanted it. After that, percocet for 3 months. I knew I was addicted and didn't care at all that I was addicted... I just wanted the pain to END! Hell...sitting in that wheel chair on percocet watching the Jerry Springer show was quality enough for me as long as I didn't feel it.

SS

knew I was addicted and didn't care at all that I was addicted... I just wanted the pain to END! Hell...sitting in that wheel chair on percocet watching the Jerry Springer show was quality enough for me as long as I didn't feel it.

I couldnt stand being like that and stopped all my pain meds after a few months of being like that. I did not want a pill controlling me and all I did was sleep at least 16 hrs a day. I starte dexperimenting with every other alternative means possible to try to reduce the pain.

NEURONTIN

BIGKIWI,

My good friend has MS..Theres two drugs he can use. One is NEURONTIN which keeps the nerves from firing. Nerve pain from MS can be terrible. Your dad can use this drug throught the day..Generally 300mgs taken 3 times per day for a total of 900 mgs will work wonders for his pain.

The second drug would be used sparingly and that drug would be prednisone for it's fast anti-inflammatory relief. He needs to use it when it gets fired up really bad..

Get that neurontin for you dad and he will do mcuh much better.. ;)

dragonfire101 said:
I couldnt stand being like that and stopped all my pain meds after a few months of being like that. I did not want a pill controlling me and all I did was sleep at least 16 hrs a day. I starte dexperimenting with every other alternative means possible to try to reduce the pain.

That's about all I could do... hell the right side of my body shattered. You know what sucked worse than that? When it got close to the dead line of being sent to Long Term Disability by my company.. I started the tren shots to get me strong enough to go to work. Ok... so I'm at work.. I have to wait a year to be off work again... the pain never goes away.. I can barely walk and it's a physical job. What the Surgeon did was experimental OP1 Synthetic Grafting of the shattered fibula and hard wired. A year later.. still in pain... I can take care of the fibula again.. I go to a new surgeon.. with the help of the Limb Preservation Foundation..they come up with a plan to rebuild it.. a whole bunch of experimental surgery in on shot. They schedule it... I have to work 6 more months waiting for the surgery.. they go in... OMG! they found it was still shattered and bleeding inside.. worked a year and a half with that shattered mo fo. Another 7 mo's off from work..percocet my best friend again.. watching summer go by from a window with orders to never move the leg... atrophy galor... time is running out... start the tren shots again.. woo hoo! all fixed... finally started gaining weight again. I knew they got it right that time when walking was pain free and I was gaining muscle back. I got down to 145 lbs (5'8). I'm 200lb now *wink* and going for 230.

oh yeah... call me weak or whatever...in that much pain.. I'd rather watch Jerry Springer on percocet :p

SS

How's this for an ego killer.... I went from 405 squat to 45lbs... yup I could squat 45lbs...the bar...last year! I am completely repaired now and started my first true cycle since the accident. I'm at 185lb squat..the same as Mrs SS...how embarrassing in the gym... 3 weeks into cycle. I'm just waiting for some smartass in the gym to walk over and ask Mrs SS and I who wears the pants in the family :eek:

I know this all sounds really bad... but there is some great news!

I saved a load of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico! :c:eeky-sm

Last edited:
uuuhhh ok...

IRON MAN said:
BIGKIWI,

My good friend has MS..Theres two drugs he can use. One is NEURONTIN which keeps the nerves from firing. Nerve pain from MS can be terrible. Your dad can use this drug throught the day..Generally 300mgs taken 3 times per day for a total of 900 mgs will work wonders for his pain.

The second drug would be used sparingly and that drug would be prednisone for it's fast anti-inflammatory relief. He needs to use it when it gets fired up really bad..

Get that neurontin for you dad and he will do mcuh much better.. ;)

Not to sound like an egotistical prick, but I have a pet peeve with people who post info that has already been said. If you would have read my post I already mentioned neurontin....Just sayin read all the posts b4 posting. :eek:

Storm,
hope you didnt take my post the wrong way. There was a reason for you to be on your pain meds. Me too. Just after a while I like to find the cause of the pain and try to fix instead of just masking the pain. Sounds like thats what you did.
I m talking about people who just stay on pains meds and never try to come off and dont try to find solutions and are content with just taking the meds. I guess Im not being objective to persons who have no other options because I have these damn parents on my case load who dont work, abuse pain meds, dont send thier kids to school, recived alleged reports of them selling thier pain meds, caught one of them riding a dirt bike and the other at a club dancing one night while the kids where home alone, while they collect welfare. Pisses me off! Everytime they go to court the get off with i have a herniated disc excuse. I have 3 herniated disc and have NO pain 80% of the population actually will in a lifetime. Only half experience pain though.

ps> the muscle relaxants is what really did me in.

dragonfire101 said:
Storm,
hope you didnt take my post the wrong way. There was a reason for you to be on your pain meds. Me too. Just after a while I like to find the cause of the pain and try to fix instead of just masking the pain. Sounds like thats what you did.
I m talking about people who just stay on pains meds and never try to come off and dont try to find solutions and are content with just taking the meds. I guess Im not being objective to persons who have no other options because I have these damn parents on my case load who dont work, abuse pain meds, dont send thier kids to school, recived alleged reports of them selling thier pain meds, caught one of them riding a dirt bike and the other at a club dancing one night while the kids where home alone, while they collect welfare. Pisses me off! Everytime they go to court the get off with i have a herniated disc excuse. I have 3 herniated disc and have NO pain 80% of the population actually will in a lifetime. Only half experience pain though.

ps> the muscle relaxants is what really did me in.

3 Herniated discs? Holy shit. Do you find that the more muscle you grow the better it feels? I don't know of anything worse than permanent back problems... sorry to hear that bro.

And yes...some abuse that problem. We had a girl at work use the back excuse to get short term disability which is max 7 mo's off paid. Well the company had no report from our med center (yes..we have our own for protection from unethical employees..even if one sees their own Dr. one still has to report to our med center to verify). Well there was no report of disc problems..and yes..some back problems can't be verified or diagnosed and people are in pain and nobody knows why... well... the company had security follow her and video taped her while on STD water skiing. She was fired. Took advantage of a situation while other people are in REAL pain. Yes...this just pisses me off. She gave up $60K a year doing nothing really. Not much was required in her job...she just wanted a big slice of the pie.

SS

Herniated discs? Holy shit. Do you find that the more muscle you grow the better it feels? I don't know of anything worse than permanent back problems... sorry to hear that bro.

Not really. I do dealdifts and squats doesnt bother it. If I dont lift at all I notice my body geting sore and tired though. My back hurt started hurting back when I was18-19. HadNRi and had 3 herniated disc. I was scheduled for surgery twice because I couldnt wlak for about 4-6 months. Then my kneew hurt, shoulder etc. Everytime they took MRI my joints appeared they deteriorating. They though t I had rheumatoid arthiritis or something like it. So I thought why get surgery if they are going to deteriorate anwyas after surgery it wont help. Anways to make a long story short 3 year slate they fiure dout I had lyme disease or was bitten by some spider that caused an autoimmune response an dthat my body was attacking itself. They gave me medication, did biofeedback and all these new alternative methods of treatement and studies for muscle/nerve /skeletat disease that I participated in. I have acess to YALE medical school thats why. The surgen I was scheduled with for surgery teaches there. I still have some impairment on my left side(weakness). The right side of my body in extremely stronger. I still have muscle tightness everyday, but NO pain. Only ocassioanl flare ups once a moth for half a day.

Sorry to hear..

Sorry to hear about your dad bro.

My brother in law has MS, and I will ask him how he get
through it.

Peace,
Brandon

dragonfire101 said:
Not really. I do dealdifts and squats doesnt bother it. If I dont lift at all I notice my body geting sore and tired though. My back hurt started hurting back when I was18-19. HadNRi and had 3 herniated disc. I was scheduled for surgery twice because I couldnt wlak for about 4-6 months. Then my kneew hurt, shoulder etc. Everytime they took MRI my joints appeared they deteriorating. They though t I had rheumatoid arthiritis or something like it. So I thought why get surgery if they are going to deteriorate anwyas after surgery it wont help. Anways to make a long story short 3 year slate they fiure dout I had lyme disease or was bitten by some spider that caused an autoimmune response an dthat my body was attacking itself. They gave me medication, did biofeedback and all these new alternative methods of treatement and studies for muscle/nerve /skeletat disease that I participated in. I have acess to YALE medical school thats why. The surgen I was scheduled with for surgery teaches there. I still have some impairment on my left side(weakness). The right side of my body in extremely stronger. I still have muscle tightness everyday, but NO pain. Only ocassioanl flare ups once a moth for half a day.

Lyme huh? Like a Tick? gawwd I hate those things...what state do you live in? Is there a statistic out there of what state has the worse incidents of Lyme? I never knew anybody with Lyme...wierd 'cause I should I live in Colorado. I do know of several people out here with West Nile though. Their bodies fell apart. I do believe our West Nile problem is a Weaponized version ... I won't say who probably sent it here...Saddam...but it's bad.

BK...any new news about your father?
SS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner