over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with strength and cardio increase

bringmorewicked

Newbies
Newbie in need of help :)

I'm currently involved in Crossfit. I've been active for over a year now and am hitting a plateau. I do realize that nothing happens overnight and hard work is what pays off at the end of the day; however, I am hitting a sticking point as far as strength and cardio output/endurance.

Here are my basic stat's:
Male
33 years old
5'9"
167 lbs

I am eating a lot during the day, approximately 5 meals spread throughout the day which involves protein shakes (Pro-complex), ground Bison, white meat chicken (sub ground turkey sometimes), almonds, vegetables (broccoli, carrots, red and orange bell peppers). I'm extremely meticulous about the diet and do not allow myself to cheat at all. The only cheat that I really have is the occasional mixed alcoholic beverage (which is really only 1-2x a week).

I do eat a healthy meal approximately an hour before a go workout. I "crossfit" 4-5x a week.

Can anyone recommend anything (propeptides, injectables, etc) that could help?

I really appreciate the help.

That diet seems awfully low carb for someone doing the level of conditioning crossfit requires (I'm not a fan of it for muscle gain).

Slowly add in quality carbs with some of those meals, especially in the meal following a grueling workout (some fruits will work, white rice etc)

Thanks warrenpeace.

I forgot to add I do have brown rice with my morning meal before I go work out. On occasion, I do have oatmeal with it as well (depending on hunger level). This is besides the protein shake and white meat included with it.

You might be growing stale doing the same type of training for a year at the frequency you are doing it at. More strength and more endurance are mutually exclusive by the way. I know crossfit throws it all in one basket with their stupid routines. Take a week off and train for strength a little while reducing cross fit training.

You could drop a couple of cross fit days and run 5-8km once a week and 4-6x400m sprints with 1 min rest, or do it in the morning, stay consistant with it and try to improve your times. That routine got my VO2 max to the highest its ever been, along with boxing and MT.

For strength I'd say go with something like Wendlers 5/3/1, 2-3 times a week, it has slow and steady weight increases and shouldn't be to hard to recover from for your fitness training.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. However, in terms of gear, what would you guys recommend?

Well, as Warren posted, your diet lacks the proper amount of carbs if you Xfit 4-5x per week. Try upping your carbs and after a couple months if you still feel the need to use steroids, repost.. or even search as a number of endurance athlete types have posted..

I don't think gear is all that beneficial to the endurance athlete. Added water weight with some and cardio issues with others is not going to help matters. I guess you'll do whatever you choose to do anyway, but fixing that diet should be the first logical step. Dirty it up a bit once in awhile with a big sushi gorge post workout or something. A cup of brown rice a day is not going to add any appreciable mass.

crossfitters

They love the zone and paleo diets...Not saying this is you, but time and time again, I see crossfitters lacking carbs. Listen to some of these guys and add more carbs in.
Carbs provide energy, assist in recovery, glycogen storage, strength gain, etc....too many things.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear