over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honestly critical

einie1

Newbies
I have seen at least 5 people on here since I joined this site 7 months ago that say that they are turning pro. Let me be nice and say this. I havent seen one amateur on here that has the potential to turn pro. I dont care if someone has big calves, or is 300 pounds, it is the overall package that is what you guys are judged on. If you are going to post your picture on here and have your posse pump you up and tell you that your pro card is coming soon, be prepared for some honest criticism. Do you or have you guys ever seen a pro bodybuilder? It doesnt seem like it.

Your observation is well taken.

For those interested, can you discuss the things you and other judges would need to see to indicate whether someone might have pro potential?
Are there factors that might show up early in a competitor's career, or is this an evaluation that can only be made once a person has a fairly extensive back ground?

Thanks for any insights!

lol!

There are a few pros here, AND A WHOLE LOT OF WANNA BE'S. Most here (the older crew) know that it will never happen for them, (myself included). You can ask PHIL or a few others who are pro what it takes to become one. There is alot of experience here though,(alot of great stuff, and a little of dated knowledge) and you dont need to be a pro to aquire it either. If you dont have the bodybuilder gentics you are never going to have the look now matter what you take, less be a pro. How many PHIL, BIGA, Dieselmans you see walking around..not many. Be happy what GOD gave you, dont over think everything just workout, eat, and sleep (with the ladies):D You wanna impress me. try looking like Xcel when your over 50!

Last edited:
Hey there MR. BRAVO lets get one thing straight here!!! I AM NOT A WANNA BE!!! I am simply a never will be!! lol You forgot to mention the never will bees :D

Dear Dad

Notice my response to baller's pictures on the other forum of photographs. I tell it like it is. I am giving these guys the gift of honesty. You , my friend, on the other hand, have what it takes to turn pro in the masters division. I can see you in the masters olympia in 2 years. it is just a look, thats all. When you see enough physiques, you just know. I think you know what I am talking about.

I'd just like to say that while it's great to be realistic, there also is room for setting lofty goals. IF you set your sites on being a pro, as long as you don't let it take over who you are, you are bound to accomplish some incredible things along the way!

However, if anyone who really wants to know if they have the potential should ask for honest opinions, and should be given them, about that potential!

And of course, anyone posting their pics, especially if they say that they want to be a pro, should be willing to except (hopefully constructive) criticism

stackdizzy said:
Hey there MR. BRAVO lets get one thing straight here!!! I AM NOT A WANNA BE!!! I am simply a never will be!! lol You forgot to mention the never will bees :D

Heeeeyyyyyyy! I represent that remark!

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT,

this does take over these guys life. Guys that have no chance of being a pro at all are on all of this shit just to look like a genetically gifted bodybuilder who is totally clean.

phil and i have talked about this before along with many threads dedicated to this in the past.. i hate to see on this boards and many others, when a person posts their pictures and then lists their dosages..the person looks like a natural guy who lifts and is taking more than most top national level amatuers..it is scarey..that is when it is time to back up, look in the mirror and take your health into consideration. if ya do not have it, then dont risk your health...back off the dosages and lift. just be happy with what life has dealt ya and be healthy... i know that is hard for some people to deal with but, as the saying goes "the truth can set you free". know your limitations..what ever they are.... :D

It seems like us younger guys are the worst about it. It seems like most bodybuilders i meet in my age group20-25 think they are gonna be a pro. SO lets just say they do, bodybuilding is a great hobby but it realy isnt a career.

Hey!

I'm not done yet. (in a whiny voice)
In a few more years I might do the masters nationals! lol.

Thanks for the kudos Johnny B! But - I'm not done yet :)

xcel

STOP THE BACK AND FORTH BICKERING KIDS

Einie1 your 'honest responses' border on confrontational and insult. And wheather your personal comments on certain members is justified or not-you are starting some problems here. Our rules are clear - there are no flames or escilating battles on this board. You are a new member and we mods are trying to protect the integrety of our board, as newer members may not understand the persona we have developed here over the years under the lead of BigA. So here it is-you are welcome to enjoy the board, any personal arguments can be done through PM or email-not on the board. I didnt see this ballplayer start up anything with you, and as some (me included) may not agree with his ways of obtaining advice-we have discussed that and its over. No need to drag it back up - if he is bugging you PM bug him back PM or email-we dont need the garbage aired publically here however subtle you feel you are being.

I locked up the other thread where this subject/argument was being repeated. And here I am referring to your comments in the MEMBERS PICTURES forum.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you posted this - I'm getting bro's contacting me that are concerned about this also. Some people see "being blunt" as honesty :confused: It's like telling a guy that just stepped on a land-mine "looks like you won't ever be running in the Olympics!" Hell, he could become a wheelchair bodybuilding champ or with prostethes (sp?) become a world-class disability runner. Since you're new - I say "Strike One" :mad:

xcel

Actually Xcel I got some compliments PM from members who want to see this crap end, and am glad we are not letting the bickering go. No new people (or old) are going to come in here and screw with what standard we have worked hard and long to exhibit.

MikeS said:
Actually Xcel I got some compliments PM from members who want to see this crap end, and am glad we are not letting the bickering go. No new people (or old) are going to come in here and screw with what standard we have worked hard and long to exhibit.

I for one am glad you did it. There is a big difference is honest criticism and just being an outright asshole about it. I wonder how many people laughed at ronnie and jay when they were skinny teenagers, and told them they would never make it?

well said mike s,

i have never pmed or contacted this person nor do i know his real idenity. i dont now why, nor should i keep caring why things are said about this or that concerning me. i want to keep learning here and i would think that many others do as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear