over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current "client"...critical health situation

Flex500

Registered
Hi, I posted this in another forum I frequent and thought you may enjoy with all the health talk. This is NOT an advertisement, I am NOT a trainer. I work in healthcare adn love health and fitness and have just found myself in the situation surrounded by a lot of big time bbers and powerlifters needing some serious help with health.

Hi Guys,

Little different a thread...As you know I'm all about health and wellness. I don't prep people, I don't turn average joe's into freaks. I'm just a guy who hangs around a lot of freaks and some happen to be in tough situations.

Stats:
5'11"
302 pounds
21% bodyfat (used calipers so give or take 2-4% or so)
What he does: Freakishly strong. Semi well known at least regionally for his bench

Main Issues:
Total cholesterol near 400
HDL at 17
ALT and AST over 150
Blood Pressure 150/90 at rest
Fasting Blood Glucose: 132
Subjective Issues: Besides being a freak in the gym feels shitty, sluggish, no energy, like something is "wrong"

Diet
Meal 1: 5-8 eggs, bowl of cereal with whole milk
Meal 2: Protein Shake with 2 servings peanut butter
Meal 3: 2-3 sandwiches from mcdonalds usually double cheesburgers
Meal 4: Same as meal 2
Meal 5: usually beef and rice...a lot of it not sure how much
Meal 6: before bed kill the calories meal. Sleeve of oreos, ice cream, etc. This meal can be 500 calories up to 2,000 or more.
*although it's not a good diet he is strict with this and eat's this exactly each day

Drugs
Test: 1,200mgs/week
EQ: 1,000mgs/week
Anadrol: 100mgs pre workout 4 workouts a week
Dianabol: 50-75mgs everyday except sunday
tren E: 400-600mgs on and off pretty random no rhyme or reason
*this is generally the base been on this about 7 months or so with random other stuff thrown in.

NO CARDIO EVER Just heavy hard training

The Plan....

Diet
Pre meal 1: 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 servings Green drink
Meal 1: 4 eggs and 5 servings liquid egg whites. 3 cups cooked spinach and 1 medium tomato, granny smith apple
Meal 2: "real meal" vegan protein shake with 1 servings peanut butter
Meal 3: 10 ounces chicken. Granny smith apple, 1/3 onion, 2 cups spinach, 3 stalks celery, 1 servings olive oil, 2 pieces ezekial bread
Meal 4: Same as meal 2 but no peanut butter. 1 serving oats and a banana
Meal 5: 8 ounces extra lean beef, sweet potato, 1 bag of "steamers" broccoli (yes 5 servings) alternated every other day with 1 bag of steamers asparagus.
Meal 6: 2 cups plain saggis greek yogurt, 1 cup blueberries 1 cup rasberries 1 servings "greens drink".

Drugs:
Test 500mgs
Tren ace 50mgs/day monday-friday
Dbol 15mgs on workout days

25 minutes HARD cardio on workout days. Not HIIT but not LISS. Just very hard steady cardio.

Now here we are 2 months later....

Bodyweight: 277 pounds
Total Cholesterol: 215!
HDL: 42
Blood Pressure: resting 140/85 (still needs work)
ALT/AST: BOTH under 60
fasting blood glucose: 90 (this is what i'm happiest about!)

he looks great and he is shocked he kept his strength up so much.

I thought you guys would find this interesting. To be clear I don't charge and I'm not advertising...this is common sense shit where I've been able to help some friends and acquaintances. I work in the medical field but I'm not a doctor and the first thing I told him was "go see your doctor". This stuff is fun for me and wanted to share an example of a great success story.

Also as you'll notice I didn't have to put him on a litany of support supplements. I do think there are a TON of great supplements but besides applie cider vinegar, a greens drink, and the "real meal" it was all done with lowering drugs and drastically changing diet.

I've fallen in love with Dante's posts over the years and others on this board who focus on health (I've been here 10 years). My approach is more how i work in the clinical setting so it is a bit different. Not Dante, but many just throw support supplements at the issue. I like a lot of supplements but those don't make the changes "stick".

Firstly, the base of the pyramid needs re-adjusted. Lifestyle and diet. Off rec drugs, get diet right. You get bbers/pwlifters, to fundamentally change how they think of nutrition they WILL start thinking about drugs differently and the changes really stick.

Of course a lot of supplements help quite a bit.

As far as the drugs many brought up "why are you trying to improve his health and he is still on tren and dbol?". Keep in mind this is NOT a bber/guru relationship. I advised him to go on 200mgs of test a week this is the least he is/was willing to go down to and i don't fight it. I'm not taking his money so really he can do what he wants.

Taking drugs while trying to fix your health caused by the drugs and poor diet = fail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Taking drugs while trying to fix your health caused by the drugs and poor diet = fail.

trust me I agree with you 100%...but since these are not paying relationships I can only do what they are willing to do. Nevertheless it is still a dramatic difference.

We need to come to the realization some of these people are not going to go the emeric route of low doses. I think they should but that is not in the cards. So...what can these guys do that refuse to go that low or come off?

Quite a lot...will it be perfect or totally optimal? No...but a hell of a lot can be done.

So how long was he in the original state? I'm guessing it was a while. He needs to see a cardiologist have his heart evaluated and get his blood pressure down asap!

What I see a lot in the health threads is talk of lowering drugs and supplements. Both important...but often probably the largest issue (outside of genetics) is ignored...diet. You can do dramatic things to the body with a focus on changing your diet.

This guy not only had a bad diet he was malnourished. A lot of bodybuilders are walking around just like the gigantic 300 pound fat people I see in our offices that are bone on bone and need a knee replacement. It's actually quite similar. Overeating yet malnourished with a diet devoid of any micronutrient content.

He has since lowered his tren to 25mgs with the quote "if I am eating so good and taking such good care of my body I don't want all that tren to hurt my good bloodwork"

That is the mindset you get when you can help people fundamentally change their thought process on diet and what they put in their body.

Think...he isn't even taking any supplements yet except ACV and a green drink...

So how long was he in the original state? I'm guessing it was a while. He needs to see a cardiologist have his heart evaluated and get his blood pressure down asap!

Agree! He has. Once he got his first terrible bloodwork done with those terrible numbers that scared him but being referred to a cardiologist and nephrologist was what put him over the edge which his primary care doc did right away. There was something "weird" in the EKG in the primary care docs office but further tests came back ok. Things came back "ok" but both with dire warnings of what would be to come.

Awesome thanks for sharing. I guess with a lot of people, they need to walk before they can run when it comes to fixing their normal habits. He seems to be on the right track and as long as he continues to lower his AAS use, should save himself years on his life he was taking away from himself. I think health supplements are the next step for him as well. Keep him the hell away from HGH too.

Does that guy have a death wish with that former 7 month cycle!?!? :banghead:

I mean WTF..is he competing in the Mr. Olympia?

Awesome thanks for sharing. I guess with a lot of people, they need to walk before they can run when it comes to fixing their normal habits. He seems to be on the right track and as long as he continues to lower his AAS use, should save himself years on his life he was taking away from himself. I think health supplements are the next step for him as well. Keep him the hell away from HGH too.

Absolutely. I think it would be different if I was a John Meadows type and they were paying me I'd sort of force them to listen or leave but this is just friendly sort of trust relationships where I've given my advice to a handful of guys. I'm just kind of a research nut.

That being the case I get the response "i'd rather die than be on only 200mgs of test" and "i have to take at least some dbol to workout hard". Right or wrong that's what I had to work with so how do we help this guy...and others like him.

At the end of the day you can do a lot. he needs to keep going and his blood pressure is still too high!

Does that guy have a death wish with that former 7 month cycle!?!? :banghead:

I mean WTF..is he competing in the Mr. Olympia?

I think on a site like this you have a lot of good guys...with good heads on their shoulders. I must say though in "real life" I see a lot of this. The bostin loyd approach (well his old approach). Buy all you can afford and take all you have.

Honestly most weeks I don't think he counted he just took a TON as much as he had all the time. A lot of guys live like that though.

I think on a site like this you have a lot of good guys...with good heads on their shoulders. I must say though in "real life" I see a lot of this. The bostin loyd approach (well his old approach). Buy all you can afford and take all you have.

Honestly most weeks I don't think he counted he just took a TON as much as he had all the time. A lot of guys live like that though.

If you like health than don`t do this:

With all respect, do you know that high elevated (out of range) androgen it effect neurons in the brain? You approach is as bad as loyd`s.

Absolutely. I think it would be different if I was a John Meadows type and they were paying me I'd sort of force them to listen or leave but this is just friendly sort of trust relationships where I've given my advice to a handful of guys. I'm just kind of a research nut.

Haha definitely. In the big men thread, I made the comment how that Kevin guy on 500mg test had the best physique in that thread and no one said anything for 3 pages. Then bboy comes in and says the same thing and it gets a zillion likes and the whole thread becomes about that, lol

With all respect, do you know that high elevated (out of range) androgen it effect neurons in the brain? You approach is as bad as loyd`s.

In his defense, he did say it was his client's decision and if it were up to him, he would have come off the drugs.

well, it worked perfectly for him though.
except for the BP (which isnt even "bad" considering his weight)

No that's me! This is my not sure you can say "client" because he isn't paying me but this is not me. I'm a go natural or trt type of guy who believes in a plant based diet.

this is not me or my recommendation...it's what he was takign BEFORE...and in the "after" it's the minimum he would go I suggested MUCH less.

well, it worked perfectly for him though.
except for the BP (which isnt even "bad" considering his weight)

no doubt in a perfect world he needs to come off the tren and dbol. At the very minimum if he needs the "tren feel" I think if we dropped the test to 300mgs and the tren to 25mgs his bp would drop more.

He won't do it.

Let's be reality...after a pretty good checkup he will probably go back to his old ways. Isn't that what guys do? lol

In his defense, he did say it was his client's decision and if it were up to him, he would have come off the drugs.

oh yeah for sure and emeric quoted his initial cycle and i would NEVER EVER recommend anything even in that stratosphere. It was a long write up he probaly just read it quick :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws