kinglab
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bad are antibiotics for our gut health?

TheOtherOne55

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Completely random question but i have to ask.

I have been dealing with some weird skin conditions, just family shit passed down to me, but I'm about to go on my 2nd round of antibiotics. I know the downside of this is that they completely wipe out or gut microbiome correct? Bad bacteria AND good bacteria.

In the past, I've had doctors tell me to take certain types of pre and probiotics (ones that arent killed by the antibiotic), they were expensive though. Im just a person who takes pre and pro, digestive enzymes and pays attention to my gut health, so when Im dealing with these shitty skin disorders, its basically taking 2 steps backward to cure a different thing.

Any thoughts on this?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
You'll know if it has affected those beneficial bacteria if you have diarrhea. It takes me a week or more to get back to normal after a 10 day course. How long are you using it?

Dosage you're on is important too. When taking antibiotics for an infection, the dose is high and messes me up. I take a low dose of antibiotic every day though and it causes me zero problems. I take 20 mg of doxycycline 2x per day.

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
You'll know if it has affected those beneficial bacteria if you have diarrhea. It takes me a week or more to get back to normal after a 10 day course. How long are you using it?

Dosage you're on is important too. When taking antibiotics for an infection, the dose is high and messes me up. I take a low dose of antibiotic every day though and it causes me zero problems. I take 20 mg of doxycycline 2x per day.
And will shorten the length of the Villi.

dj

Registered
Newbies
Not sure of what your condition is but I went on antibiotics due to an accident and it completely destroyed my gut health. In the process of getting it back in line I discovered I was gluten intolerant. After eliminating gluten the diarrhea was gone along with GERD, migraines and skin rashes that I had had forever.

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
Not sure of what your condition is but I went on antibiotics due to an accident and it completely destroyed my gut health. In the process of getting it back in line I discovered I was gluten intolerant. After eliminating gluten the diarrhea was gone along with GERD, migraines and skin rashes that I had had forever.
Try the MMB 750.

TRENUP80

Registered
Newbies
Completely random question but i have to ask.

I have been dealing with some weird skin conditions, just family shit passed down to me, but I'm about to go on my 2nd round of antibiotics. I know the downside of this is that they completely wipe out or gut microbiome correct? Bad bacteria AND good bacteria.

In the past, I've had doctors tell me to take certain types of pre and probiotics (ones that arent killed by the antibiotic), they were expensive though. Im just a person who takes pre and pro, digestive enzymes and pays attention to my gut health, so when Im dealing with these shitty skin disorders, its basically taking 2 steps backward to cure a different thing.

Any thoughts on this?
YES THEY DO THEY KILL GOOD/BAD BACTERIA! GUT HEALTH IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ITS LIKE THE SECOND BRAIN. I LEARNED ALOT LISTENING TO SUPER HUMAN RADIO WITH CARL LANORE. HE HAS A BUNCH OF EPISODES ON GUT HEALTH ON HIS WEBSITE. =)

Dave Perez

Registered
I was diagnosed with cellulitis on my thigh last summer ...urgent care prescribed clindamycin...within 2 days I was shitting 15 times a day...my regular doctor then diagnosed C diff...it took 2 different antibiotics to kill the large intestine infection I got from the clindamycin...this all took 3 months to get better but I still don't feel right...moral of the story- never take CLINDAMYCIN...it will destroy all good but bacteria!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Walterrmils