mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How can I make my 69 old mom gain weight. Dangerously low bodyweight?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
My 69 year old mom is fairly healthy. Does not take any meds for cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes nor any pain meds. She always wants me to take her to her doctor's appointments and likes for me to come in the office when she goes in. The guy said today my mom's weight is dangerously low. At 5'10 she weighs 88 lbs and is "Skin n Bones". Problem is she eats like bird and doesn't like to eat large portions. My first thought was injectable vitamin b 12 but she will never take the shots. How do I address this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cannabis and pizza.....problem solved.

Supplement her diet with Boost and ensure shakes.

Encourage her to eat calorie dense foods (nuts) or foods that doesn't fill her up (many snack foods).

I would discuss it with the doctor. Possibly get her something prescription based. At her age and weight, I think medical intervention is needed since I doubt many of the people on here have experience with this specific situation. Good luck.

About 25 years ago I worked at a GNC and had some parents come in and ask me for help with their daughter. She was anorexic and really skinny like your mother. I had them buy a weight gainer powder, chocolate flavor since she liked the flavor. I think it was Optimum Nutrition Mass Gainer 1000, something of that sort.

Well, it worked. She finished that container and they came back later and bought another one. They kept up with that for a long time. It seemed to work for her. Having that as a snack is what I told them to do.

Maybe that would help with your mother, if she finds it tastes good. Add in a banana if she likes those.

Another thing, did the doctor check her blood levels for things like thyroid etc. Maybe she has a medical condtion? 88 lbs is dangerously low. Id think she should weigh more like 125 lbs.

Make her Drink Whole milk(Full fat 3.25%).

It taste really good, Its liquid calories so its easy to go down.

Alof of easy protein, Alot of calories in liquid form because of the fat in whole milk.

Do not make her eat low fat foods.

Full fat Yogourt, Full fat whole milk. Its liquid calories so elder can be more prone too eat those things because its not solid food but liquid.

If you cook Foods, Cook In butter. Add easy calories.

Last edited:
High calorie BOOST drinks

MK 677 , Then follow the new acquired appetite with a sound nutritional plan as mentioned above. Calorie dense meals and snacks.

My mom is the same age, she really eats lots of nuts, eggs, coconut oil, olive oil, butter, protein powder... but she is skinny and does not get fat. I have put her in a weight program with bands and small dumbbells. She has gained some muscle.

If your mom gets to eat more, it is important to perform resistance exercises to create muscle mass.

MK 677 , Then follow the new acquired appetite with a sound nutritional plan as mentioned above. Calorie dense meals and snacks.

I find it extremely reckless to suggest a product for somebody so elderly that boosts IGF levels. Elevated IGF levels can dramatically increase the speed of onset of cancer.

In general I find your advice on the board to be reckless and in poor taste (for example, giving the guy with anxiety disorder step 1 of a regimen and telling him to come back to you once he has started the recommended supps).

I find it extremely reckless to suggest a product for somebody so elderly that boosts IGF levels. Elevated IGF levels can dramatically increase the speed of onset of cancer.

In general I find your advice on the board to be reckless and in poor taste (for example, giving the guy with anxiety disorder step 1 of a regimen and telling him to come back to you once he has started the recommended supps).

I give advise backed by science when I can,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18981485

I also try NOT to give too much advise until I know that the subject matter got well researched by the person asking the question.
But thanks for your positive input Matsuo Munefusa.

Sadly, I have quite a bit of experience with this. I was the sole caretaker for my elderly mother when she was dying of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

She was an incredibly healthy woman who was doing all her own yardwork, shoveling snow, and even still riding a bicycle in her 80's. But in late 2014 she started suffering from muscle weakness, and eventually in 2015 was diagnosed with ALS. She lost her appetite, and eventually the strength to move, chew and swallow her food, or even breathe on her own. She went from a healthy weight of 125 lbs all her adult life, to wasting away down to an emaciated skin-and-bones 95 lbs at the time of her death.

Your mother's case is not nearly so severe, of course, and it's very common for elderly people to suffer from low appetite, and concurrently lose too much lean mass and strength just from eating too few calories and too little protein.

As other people have said, supplementing her diet with regular Boost or Ensure shakes will really help out with keeping up her bodyweight and strength. Boost does makes a Very High Calorie Boost shake with 530 calories per 8 oz serving. Buy your mother cases of Boost or Ensure shakes and make sure she is drinking them regularly.

With my mother, she lost the strength to swallow her food, and so we had to have a gastric feeding tube surgically implanted so that I could inject the liquid nutrition directly into her stomach. That helped maintain her weight for a while. Hopefully you never have to go that route, but it is always an option.

All the usual diet advice goes out the window in such a situation. High fat, high sugar, high calorie drinks and food are her best friends right now. Make her drink the shakes, or encourage her to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs every night, whatever works. But you need to get her calories up, any way that works for her.

My 69 year old mom is fairly healthy. Does not take any meds for cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes nor any pain meds. She always wants me to take her to her doctor's appointments and likes for me to come in the office when she goes in. The guy said today my mom's weight is dangerously low. At 5'10 she weighs 88 lbs and is "Skin n Bones". Problem is she eats like bird and doesn't like to eat large portions. My first thought was injectable vitamin b 12 but she will never take the shots. How do I address this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Weed and if does not like to smoke then Ghrelin peptide. Also, if she healthy try 5 to 10 mg var. but she has to eat first. By the way skinny people live longer!!

Sadly, I have quite a bit of experience with this. I was the sole caretaker for my elderly mother when she was dying of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

She was an incredibly healthy woman who was doing all her own yardwork, shoveling snow, and even still riding a bicycle in her 80's. But in late 2014 she started suffering from muscle weakness, and eventually in 2015 was diagnosed with ALS. She lost her appetite, and eventually the strength to move, chew and swallow her food, or even breathe on her own. She went from a healthy weight of 125 lbs all her adult life, to wasting away down to an emaciated skin-and-bones 95 lbs at the time of her death.

Your mother's case is not nearly so severe, of course, and it's very common for elderly people to suffer from low appetite, and concurrently lose too much lean mass and strength just from eating too few calories and too little protein.

As other people have said, supplementing her diet with regular Boost or Ensure shakes will really help out with keeping up her bodyweight and strength. Boost does makes a Very High Calorie Boost shake with 530 calories per 8 oz serving. Buy your mother cases of Boost or Ensure shakes and make sure she is drinking them regularly.

With my mother, she lost the strength to swallow her food, and so we had to have a gastric feeding tube surgically implanted so that I could inject the liquid nutrition directly into her stomach. That helped maintain her weight for a while. Hopefully you never have to go that route, but it is always an option.

All the usual diet advice goes out the window in such a situation. High fat, high sugar, high calorie drinks and food are her best friends right now. Make her drink the shakes, or encourage her to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs every night, whatever works. But you need to get her calories up, any way that works for her.

listen to this post, she definitely needs to be under a doctors care even someone that specializes in geriatrics would be good, get her different flavors of shakes and buy what taste good to her, dont fucking give her var, and someone mentioned that skinny people live longer, lol, she is 5 10 and weighs 88 pounds, she has no reserve, an illness will cause her a lot of problems.

All of the original MK677 trials were done in the elderly. And up to 2 years. You either have cancer or you dont.

I can definitely see the value in MK 677. Beside its gh releasing abilities, Ive never had anything like it make me so hungry post admin. or even add so much scale weight in such a small time frame. ghrp-6 came close to it as far as hunger.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131