advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How commonplace is DNP in a contest prep setting nowadays?

SherlockFoam

Registered
Newbies
Obviously we can’t know 100% what’s going on- but speaking to my coach (who is a national level SHW guy himself right now who has used it for upcoming USA’s) and seeing logs of some individuals, it seems to be more and more common to deploy in a contest prep these days at the national level and beyond. Thoughts? Maybe it’s just me.

It’s more common than one would think

I’m not sure why people are so sheepish about talking about it.

I believe I remember Jordan Peters saying that he knew of at least one or two Mr. Olympia competitors who had used it in their preps

Ideally, it’s something that should not be needed, but sometimes people fall behind in their preps

I think it's more common that people want to believe , I personally think that 200mg-300mg a day DNP is a way safer option than blasting Clen , ECY and T3 for months

I think it would be a great tool for someone that hasn't competed in a couple year and there body fat has settled at a higher than normal level for a while , or for someone that is way behind either because they got to fat off season or started to late or had a setback that stalled their prep.

It's probably more common than most think but the dumb stigma around it keeps people from discussing it.

I think DNP is great at the beginning of a diet to really get metabolism going.

You have to be real idiot to harm yourself using DNP. It's very easy to use it safely, just like insulin.

Obviously we can’t know 100% what’s going on- but speaking to my coach (who is a national level SHW guy himself right now who has used it for upcoming USA’s) and seeing logs of some individuals, it seems to be more and more common to deploy in a contest prep these days at the national level and beyond. Thoughts? Maybe it’s just me.

It's very common from what I have seen. As someone posted it shouldn't really be needed unless someone falls behind but that is common too. Although I personally think it's amazing at the end of a diet even if you're on track. It's funny though because in podcasts certain pro's talk about it like it might kill you if you use it whilst keeping a straight face :eek: The same guys are probably using massive doses of clen, ephedrine and t3/t4 :eek: What I know of I have only sold it to one top pro (has placed well in top shows) but loads of other competitors buy it.

Ehhh not that common from my pov.
Have competitors used it? Most definitely. But that is in times of, “oh shit were very behind.” And most are never in those situations.

If you know how to diet in any shape or form and BBing, you won’t use it. It’s far more common in regular meathead groups then competitive BBers. Again, you need to be way behind to use it.

Also, like Daniel said, I could see its use at the veryyyy beginning of the diet to get the ball rolling and not at any other time. Prep is about controlling all your variables and DNP just fucks all that up. The water retention is killer and dnp can’t just be kept in like Clen/t3, etc. it needs to be cycled out meaning that your regular planned diet will take at least a few weeks to figure out where you are calorie wise and to fully see the visual changes. Just too much of a hassle.

Have competitors used it? Most definitely. But that is in times of, “oh shit were very behind.” And most are never in those situations.

If you know how to diet in any shape or form and BBing, you won’t use it. It’s far more common in regular meathead groups then competitive BBers. Again, you need to be way behind to use it.

Also, like Daniel said, I could see its use at the veryyyy beginning of the diet to get the ball rolling and not at any other time. Prep is about controlling all your variables and DNP just fucks all that up. The water retention is killer and dnp can’t just be kept in like Clen/t3, etc. it needs to be cycled out meaning that your regular planned diet will take at least a few weeks to figure out where you are calorie wise and to fully see the visual changes. Just too much of a hassle.
This is kind of how I see it as well, throwing another variable on top of a pile of other things you already have to keep tabs on. Interestingly though, my coach was able to keep carbs at 400 G all throughout his prep for USA’s and got shredded on that. So I suppose if you want to keep food higher and suffer through other means (DNP) it’s an option. Pick your poison, literally. Lol.

It's very common from what I have seen. As someone posted it shouldn't really be needed unless someone falls behind but that is common too. Although I personally think it's amazing at the end of a diet even if you're on track. It's funny though because in podcasts certain pro's talk about it like it might kill you if you use it whilst keeping a straight face :eek: The same guys are probably using massive doses of clen, ephedrine and t3/t4 :eek: What I know of I have only sold it to one top pro (has placed well in top shows) but loads of other competitors buy it.
12 weeks out from my first show, any shot you think it’d be worth a try? Shooting for top of LHW class (198) 210-212 below. Probably would order from you guys haha

Attachments

• F21947A1-3CDF-4611-9F19-8A3E4CF47DE9.jpeg
    F21947A1-3CDF-4611-9F19-8A3E4CF47DE9.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 118

I agree that I don't think loads are using it in contest preps but I am sure many still do. I do think many over exaggerate the variables in a sense. Although it can put on a lot of water retention on some people but as long as you drop it with enough time left you can allow the water to drop off and your carb load (if you do one) won't be affected.

12 weeks out from my first show, any shot you think it’d be worth a try? Shooting for top of LHW class (198) 210-212 below. Probably would order from you guys haha

Completely no reason for you to use it because you are on point so just carry on doing what you are doing. If you are ever in a situation and need some just let me know.

I agree that I don't think loads are using it in contest preps but I am sure many still do. I do think many over exaggerate the variables in a sense. Although it can put on a lot of water retention on some people but as long as you drop it with enough time left you can allow the water to drop off and your carb load (if you do one) won't be affected.

Completely no reason for you to use it because you are on point so just carry on doing what you are doing. If you are ever in a situation and need some just let me know.
Appreciate your input. You seem to be one of the more knowledgeable guys on this board in regards to DNP, was hoping you’d see this thread.

I’ve used it for my last 2..

Could i have got the same conditioning if I suffered more? Yes.. but DNP was my way out.. I hate to say, but those last 4 weeks in the dark side aren’t pretty

That’s actually hilarious Tim runs DNP because I talked to him a few months back about his protocols and he was telling me he keeps his gear very moderate. I guess we all have a different risk tolerance.

That’s actually hilarious Tim runs DNP because I talked to him a few months back about his protocols and he was telling me he keeps his gear very moderate. I guess we all have a different risk tolerance.
It is very moderate actually for guys your size- think he gave it a shot partially because his source offered him three weeks worth for free. Only fat burners he ran for this prep was T3 and DNP from 6-3 weeks out as far as what he has told me

It is very moderate actually for guys your size- think he gave it a shot partially because his source offered him three weeks worth for free. Only fat burners he ran for this prep was T3 and DNP from 6-3 weeks out as far as what he has told me
I gotcha. Just funny to me because he’s big on longevity in the game. I know DNP is overhyped as being lethal but I personally steer clear. I know he’s had issues getting the last bits off though and his look this prep is the tightest I’ve seen him.

I gotcha. Just funny to me because he’s big on longevity in the game. I know DNP is overhyped as being lethal but I personally steer clear. I know he’s had issues getting the last bits off though and his look this prep is the tightest I’ve seen him.
Yeah he is very on top of his health honestly, I was a bit shocked myself to hear he was using it (actually why I made this thread) and I talk to him everyday so I see where you’re coming from in that regard. Wish you would’ve thrown your hat in at USA’s, love your physique

man...you're in shape for 2-3 weeks out don't even think about dnp because you'll just fuck up how great you look

Yeah he is very on top of his health honestly, I was a bit shocked myself to hear he was using it (actually why I made this thread) and I talk to him everyday so I see where you’re coming from in that regard. Wish you would’ve thrown your hat in at USA’s, love your physique
Appreciate that bro. Had some life stuff take precedence this year but I’ll be back in 2024…maybe as a super like Tim :)

There are a few coaches that use DNP now, but the dosage is super low and it's what I have adopted if I use it now which is 200mg (1 capsule) EOD. You don't feel like death, you can still train hard and you still get great metabolic stimulation. Use it towards the beginning or middle of the diet as toward the end you want to be able to control and keep steady water retention to get a clear eye on how your conditioning is moving along.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear