advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do YOU train your worst bodypart for growth?

sup

Registered
Hello-

Ive been running searches looking for good training info for beginners/intermediate type people, specifically information on how to get solid growth for those area's that I find that are slow to grow for me. The vast majority of the posts are from people who find those muscles 'easy' to train, which doesn't really help anyone since almost any type of training will result in substantial gains. (for them)

ex: it doesn't really help anyone to hear how Platz trains legs.. they are his best bodypart. I want to know (and hopefully others) how he got his worst bodypart (chest?) to grow.

I'm not real sure how to go about framing this thread to specify that I am looking for "how to train your worst bodypart" to keep a symmetrical physique. Specifically looking for knowledgeable PM users who have overcome a 'hard gaining' muscle, what worked for them, what frequency per week they used, which exercises in particular that were effective, how much rest between training.. that sort of thing.

Realizing that everyone responds differently compounds this request since each of us needs to modify our routines to fit our schedule and bodystyle, but I am really hoping that a ton of good information will come into this thread.

Thanks!

ONE WORD..............Prioritization!!

You must concentrate your efforts on the lagging Body part first. It is that simple. No magic workouts, no magic potions, just make (for example) chest your priority workout. Think smart and really look at how the chest works, then include exercises that work the chest in the way it is meant to move. Do the same for any other Body part.

Great idea for a thread....lets see.....

My arms have been my worst bodypart for the past few years due to niglection then going too heavy with bad form. Judges at every show told me to back off shoulders and make the arms match. Now....i think my training for arms has gone through an evolution. I started a thread about this a while ago...they are currently almost 19 inched and i have progressed to going VERY heavy while holding form and the mind muscle connection and they seem to be getting thicker, not taller, if you understand what i mean.....

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29724&highlight=arms

Train that body part first, train it hard and quick. Let it rest as much as possible for 72hrs and repeat.

shoulders have been my worst bodypart for some time. This changed over the course of 2 years while i

- was training shoulders twice a week
- training shoulders as first muscle group each week and each workout
- using drop sets and negatives
- using Peak Contraction extensivley (very important to strengthen mind muscle conection for weak muscle groups i believe)
- pinning delts more instead of quads.

sup said:
ex: it doesn't really help anyone to hear how Platz trains legs.. they are his best bodypart. I want to know (and hopefully others) how he got his worst bodypart (chest?) to grow.

That is def true. I have naturally big arms. Last year i didn't train arms more than maybe twice total. Nevertheless they are one of my best bodyparts. I stepped back on training them as i felt it could ruin my proportions with big arms and smaller shoulders. Now that my shoulders are on par i started traing arms again - once every seccond week.

After a few years I've come to the conclusion that the less you train a lagging bodypart (= more rest time i.e. no overtraining), the more chances you give it to grow :)

At least that's how my body works!

I actually have taken both of Tp4u's and Phidias' ideas and used that. I overtrained my arms for quite a while, and used Heavy weight. I "curled" the weight but I didnt really concentrate all that well so I backed of in weight and volume, and they went to growing again.

pretty much agree with everyone else. shoulders have always sucked for me. i have wide shoulders but they slope and have no cap and on top of that i have a weak upper chest. So i always set up my chest and shoulders workout the day after legs (weak bodypart #2) and right before an off day. i go into the gym hit it as hard as i can and get out of there and let everything rest up. Also i stretch stretch stretch stretch dante stretches pilates stretches you name it. The i droped my weights until i could really feel everything working then went balls out trying to increase my weights every week. it is slowly working but that has always been how i do things slow and steady :mad:

you can increase your mind-muscle connection to that part by trying completely new activities. i have taught myself how to contract the calves and hamstrings better by doing stuff like sprinting, biking, high incline walking, etc. now when i work them in the weight room i can actually contract and work the muscle better.

i also like to train my best bodyparts on only a maintenance basis. If chest is your best bodypart, there is no need to devote 3 hours a week training it. this seems like common sense, but i see it all the time in the gym.

finally good thread!!

great quest!! Ive been tryn to stimulate the muscle group 2 x a week... but others have said train them less and theyll grow... not sure. Ive prioritized my weak points hopefully brought them out a lil bit.. but damn r they stubborn!!! this sat ill be 14 weex out

goo

I found that most of my lagging body parts came from overtraining, so I am just makingsure to train smart and rest extra.

Thanks

Good info here.. thanks to everyone who replied..

After a few years I've come to the conclusion that the less you train a lagging bodypart (= more rest time i.e. no overtraining), the more chances you give it to grow :)

I'm with you on this. People always tend to do the most volume for their weakest body part, and the least volume for their strongest body part. And when their strong body part keeps getting stronger and their weak body part stays stagnant they wonder why. It's simple: Lower the volume of your weakest body part to that of your strongest and grow. That's my theory at least.

LEGS WORKOUTS

I have been doing for years heavy sets, low reps, heavy high reps, 6 sets, 12 sets, 16 sets, 20 sets, close feet, all the ways you can think, once a week twaice a week, they have improved size and details, but my sweep SUCKS

ANY LAST HOPE FOR MY LEGS SWEEP????

I have been doing for years heavy sets, low reps, heavy high reps, 6 sets, 12 sets, 16 sets, 20 sets, close feet, all the ways you can think, once a week twaice a week, they have improved size and details, but my sweep SUCKS

heinz i have never liked my sweep, cause im a short guy with long quad muscle's, but i have been doing sissy squats on the hack squat machine (thanks milo's :) ) and my sweep has improved a lot man.

Phidias,

then why not train our whole body less, if you grow better with more rest time ?

No more HIT ?

Phidias,

then why not train our whole body less, if you grow better with more rest time ?

There is "less" and then there is "not enough"! :p

The key, as always, is to find what works the best FOR YOU. But you're right, if your goal is to put on muscle, the more recovery time between workouts, the more chances for growth to occur, even more for a strong bodypart.

You've got to set a intelligent split that allows enough time for both your muscles and CNS to restore.

What I've found to work quite good to put on size is the classic 1 day training / 1 day resting, with kcals a little lower on the rest days to avoid gaining bf.

Sometimes though you also need to make some changes and train more often just to shock the muscles and force them to adapt.

See what works the best for ya, but always keep an eye on overtraining... you can eat tons of food and take all u want, if you're drained you won't make any noticeable progresses :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131