over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much EPA/DHA do you try to get in?

I never noticed a difference between the Pharmaceutical ones, and ones not by Rx, in terms of how I felt.

Non rx would be EPA about 3 grams daily.

I never noticed any major changes to my lipid panel, but noticed I would bleed very easily, my blood was very watery.

Now I’m allergic to fish, and have to avoid both DHA and EPA entirely, unless I find a good agal source.

WG
Pharm is good if you get your insurance to cover it. That's it.

I never noticed a difference between the Pharmaceutical ones, and ones not by Rx, in terms of how I felt.

Non rx would be EPA about 3 grams daily.

I never noticed any major changes to my lipid panel, but noticed I would bleed very easily, my blood was very watery.

Now I’m allergic to fish, and have to avoid both DHA and EPA entirely, unless I find a good agal source.

WG
Yea when I high dose fish oil I bleed more but I think that’s a good sign especially for gents like us

I use 3,600 fish oil and a flax/hemp/chia vegetarian blend. I did lower my triglycerides by 67 points in less than 4mo.
(I had made other changes in cardio & diet too). But, it was after getting bloodwork that started me using more fatty acids/antioxidants years ago. Still working to raise my hdl as it is hard to do, added more steel cut oats (i soak in Kefir or Greek yogurt & a scoop of isolate w frozen berries , cover and put into refrigerator before bed and in the morning; it’s ready to eat . Also adding lots of fermented foods for GI/stomach health.

Max

I use 3,600 fish oil and a flax/hemp/chia vegetarian blend. I did lower my triglycerides by 67 points in less than 4mo.
(I had made other changes in cardio & diet too). But, it was after getting bloodwork that started me using more fatty acids/antioxidants years ago. Still working to raise my hdl as it is hard to do, added more steel cut oats (i soak in Kefir or Greek yogurt & a scoop of isolate w frozen berries , cover and put into refrigerator before bed and in the morning; it’s ready to eat . Also adding lots of fermented foods for GI/stomach health.

Max
Sounds like a healthy combo, so u don’t cook the steel cut oats at all just soak in keifer? Smart the fiber will dramatically slow down the absorption of the sugar in the keifer as well. Steel cut oats often give me the shits so maybe this is better than boiling them?

with food and pills included around 6 to 9g a day

3G per day totaling EPA+DHA and I have good success with Viva Naturals or Nordic Caps.

I know more def helps my joints dunno if it’s same with lipids but when I’m steadyveddycat 9 gms a day my elbows are golden but I always maintain at least 3gns plus sushi every chance I get.

I do a minimum of 4 grams plus I eat salmon 3-4 times a week. I love salmon!!!!!!!

I do a minimum of 4 grams plus I eat salmon 3-4 times a week. I love salmon!!!!!!!
Sushi or cooked, I love sushi but vm an barely stomach cooked salmon.

same I'm not sure what it is, but salmon is the most "fishy/gamey" to me and makes me gag
cod etc i can eat pounds
Yea I saw Jay eating Orange roughy and cod and man if that shit ain’t fried I can’t eat it. Now sea bass yea but I’m not a millionaire lol

3g combined is the minimum for a performance athlete and there is a a lot of empirical data that supports that

3g combined is the minimum for a performance athlete and there is a a lot of empirical data that supports that
Makes sense it’s really easy to take 3 gms per meal then it’s easy 15-21 gms ED.

Anyone else worried about the possibility of these fish oils and caps going rancid.

Lots of articles about it being virtually impossible to protect these fish oils from oxidation (and thus rancidity) and this includes the big boy names (Carlson’s, Barlean’s, Nordic Naturals, etc).

While eating copious amounts of QUALITY fish (wild caught only and “SMASH” fish); would make more sense to hedge against this (some), it’s just not an option for variety of reasons.

*SMASH: Sardines, Mackerel, Anchovies, Salmon, Herring

Anyone else worried about the possibility of these fish oils and caps going rancid.

Lots of articles about it being virtually impossible to protect these fish oils from oxidation (and thus rancidity) and this includes the big boy names (Carlson’s, Barlean’s, Nordic Naturals, etc).

While eating copious amounts of QUALITY fish (wild caught only and “SMASH” fish); would make more sense to hedge against this (some), it’s just not an option for variety of reasons.

I've taken thousands of fish/krill oil caps over the years. I did start keeping them in the freezer later but not for years until I read about it on here. I don't think I ever experienced that problem once in all those years. Has anyone ever gotten sick from them? I've gotten some burps and queasy a few times. But I think that was more from taking them on an empty stomach and not before meals.

Sushi or cooked, I love sushi but vm an barely stomach cooked salmon.
I can demolish some sushi!!!!! I just order too much lol.

I can demolish some sushi!!!!! I just order too much lol.
When I came back from Okinawa I was eating like 300-500 $ a week in sushi bc it’s so cheap over there and I was so used to eating it, now mind you this was the 2000s so that bought a lot more sushi than nowadays but still lotta damn money it was like an addiction I had to taper down on.

Love sardines but sucks they are so calorie dense. It would be like 8 cans almost 1k calories to make me feel like I ate something. Would be the perfect food for guys who struggle to gain weight but they aren't filling at all for me. Maybe I'll try mixing them with like 8 oz of mushrooms.

Love sardines but sucks they are so calorie dense. It would be like 8 cans almost 1k calories to make me feel like I ate something. Would be the perfect food for guys who struggle to gain weight but they aren't filling at all for me. Maybe I'll try mixing them with like 8 oz of mushrooms.
Depends on the type and how you eat them. If you're doing cans than sure, put them on a slice of pizza or with cottage cheese (whatever you like). But nice sardines to me look more like this and are great grilled. Also great on sandwiches and wraps.

Screenshot_20230114-142127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Depends on the type and how you eat them. If you're doing cans than sure, put them on a slice of pizza or with cottage cheese (whatever you like). But nice sardines to me look more like this and are great grilled. Also great on sandwiches and wraps.

View attachment 169899
When did you start eating sardines is it a part of your family style of eating. I grew up not eating them and though I love sushi I find tuna repulsive however I have friends that love them but they grew up eating stuff like in your pic. That said I think high calorie food that’s quality fish is a good thing 1,000 Val’s of fish is better than 200 Val’s of sugar as far as what it will do to your body.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131