over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much running do you do on cycle?

Boxhead

Registered
Just wondering how much running if any do you do while "ON"? I"ve heard things like enlargement of the heart or getting blood pressure to high and other stories. But what do you know and how about interval training, or just limited jogs (1-3 miles) while on cycles. And what anobolics is more dangerous while trying to do cardio, than others, say like winny being good while HGH being bad because of possible enlargement of the heart.:confused: What has your research found friends, thanks...

Walk the dog, stepmill post workout, and sex when I can = cardio. No running for me.

I run anywhere from 15-20 miles a week on the days I don't work out. Deca has been a lifesaver on my knees. I am doing a 10K Turkey Trot trail run tomorrow. I don't do other forms cardio when I run. I will switch it up if I am cutting, I will usually skip the runs and do HIIT after my workouts then.

I'm thinking about hitting the B-ball courts again on mondays and thursdays for my cardio, just wondered would it be safe while running test e 900mg/wk and eq 600mg/wk?

O.K. a few guys are saying none, but why? And do you do "SOME" cardio while "OFF".

You are going to find many competetive bodybuilders don't do cardio or only do it in contest prep.

I am not a competetive bodybuilder and like to keep my athletic abilty,legs under me and my wind.I still play baseball(adult league) flag football,golf and occasionally some hoops.

If I couldn't run or got winded going up stairs I would not be too happy about that.

But if having muscle mass is your numero uno priority,I understand why you would avoid cardio.

I need to do more, just to keep the heart healthy

O.K. a few guys are saying none, but why? And do you do "SOME" cardio while "OFF".

Running is generally not the best form of cardio for larger bodybuilders. I think people who don't do cardio at all are severely fucking themselves. But some people just aren't built to run in the first place, and then at higher body weights it just becomes disaster on the joints. At the end of the day it's about getting your heart rate up and blood flow going, how you choose to do it doesn't matter. I prefer a lower impact approach.

I never do any running... bad for your feet, ankles, knees, hips.

In terms of cardiovascular/metabolic conditioning, whole body circuit training beats running. JMHO

Running is not a good form of cardio, too high impact.
Pulling a weighted sled is much better. I do a lot of work on the elliptical and stair master as well.

I don't think cardio hurts gains at all if you add back the calories you are expending. Cardio is the only way to increase mitochondria, so you may actually get more muscle mass as long as you do both and stay in a caloric surplus.

I cringe when I see people saying they do not do cardio. AAS and increased mass are already a heart killer, and then you have guys not doing any cardio at all.
Good recipe for an early death.

I will never run....if i'm goin do cardio id rather box or have sex....:cool:

I can tell you as a physician that sees runners all the time at my office, it is one of the unhealthiest sports as far how much it messes things up. Pretty much everyone that runs regularly will have feet, ankle, knee, hip and even kidney problems from the constant high impact of jumping up and down. I highly recommend cardio, and studies show that even 15min of cardio after weight training reduces, yes reduces, MAP (mean arterial pressure) and reduction of load in the heart. So it is very healthy to get your heart rate up for a good amount of time. Ellipticals, swimming, or anything else that is not high impact i highly recommend.

great info guys, I agree low impact such as Elliptical or Bike to get the heartbeat up and save the joints..

30min walk on treadmill 1x a week...run to the front of buffet lines 1x a week and "extra cirricular" cardio 3-6x a wk:D

I've been hitting the Precor pretty hard. So much easier on joints and easy to get my hr up.

Running??? What's that? Haha...you should do 30min of cardio 3x a week year round. Heart rate at 120 beats per minute is where I like to keep my heart rate.

Run on over to the fridge for another 5ius of Gh.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws