over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to build the upper pecs with high clavicual insertions

I go up far enough to feel only the chest working. My motto is when you can't do a whole reps do half and when you can't do half do a quarter. I do both dumbells and barbell. And don't forget to do your pushups

Prioritize incline movements and find ones that you feel especially in your upper chest. It's not rocket science. Add time and consistency and boom. I had a very weak chest 4-5 years ago, now it is one of my strongest body parts and I have high clavicles for sure. I just prioritized incline BB and incline DB flyes using progressively heavier weights that I could feel in my chest.

If you feel your upper chest is weak, you should be starting every chest day with an incline movement.

Thanks Freeway. I will implement your strategies in my training. Do you find pushups to be a good mass builder for the chest like free weights?

Hey beiberhole69. All I do is incline movements. 4 years ago I cut out all flat and decline work and do only movements that target the upper chest. Check out my work out chest routine on the first page. I'm at the point to where I can incline barbell press 275lbs for 10 reps and 315lbs for 4 reps. All I seem to have gained from it is huge front delts and overpowering low pec development. Not to mention years of heavy inclines have fried my rotators causing me to tuck my elbows in now when I press.

Last edited:
Thanks Freeway. I will implement your strategies in my training. Do you find pushups to be a good mass builder for the chest like free weights?

Hey beiberhole69. All I do is incline movements. 4 years ago I cut out all flat and decline work and do only movements that target the upper chest. Check out my work out chest routine on the first page. I'm at the point to where I can incline barbell press 275lbs for 10 reps and 315lbs for 4 reps. All I seem to have gained from it is huge front delts and overpowering low pec development. Not to mention years of heavy inclines have fried my rotators causing me to tuck my elbows in now when I press.

If you know it's causing you a certain result, then why are you not modifying what you're doing to fix it? ALL my pressing used to result in delt growth and very little chest--once I recognized this, I set about fixing the problem. My best incline BB in the past year was 250x10, yet my upper chest is pretty well developed. I would suggest reducing the weight and pressing in a manner that gives you an insane chest pump and very little delt pump, and then progressing upwards again.

Edit:

KP3T9OJ.jpg

Last edited:
Pushups keeps my chest big and full. I've seen pushups put stretch marks on someone's chest before so I know what they can do if you do them correctly and consistently

Probably your form. Shoulders back and down throughout the entire movement. Expand the chest in the negative. Push from your chest, keep the mind-muscle connection throughout. You'll probably need to drop the weight while adjusting to proper form.

decline pressing
dips
dips for chest with arms locked, like reverse shrug
very light shoulder pressing really work the movement keep elbows wide and flex at the top

Could you please elaborate on WHY these are so good for the upper chest especially?

If you know it's causing you a certain result, then why are you not modifying what you're doing to fix it? ALL my pressing used to result in delt growth and very little chest--once I recognized this, I set about fixing the problem. My best incline BB in the past year was 250x10, yet my upper chest is pretty well developed. I would suggest reducing the weight and pressing in a manner that gives you an insane chest pump and very little delt pump, and then progressing upwards again.

Edit:

KP3T9OJ.jpg
I like dead stop bench presses for this exact reason. Lower the bar, stop it two inches off the chest for a count of two, then lower it to touch the chest and explode back up. Do this for 8-10 reps and your chest will feel smashed. But you can't use a ton of weight so it saves the shoulders

Hey bieberhole69. Thanks for the advice. I actually have made modifications to my training to get around my injuries. For incline barbell movements I’ve been using an olypmic swiss bar to keep my hands in the neutral position while I incline benchpress. The neutral grip positions allows me to tuck my elbows in and protects my upper bicep front delt tie injury from further damage. The only issue with tucking my elbows for me is my triceps get fried before my upper chest does do to the elbow tucking.

Another modification I made is I use a higher incline angle like 60 degrees to hit my upper chest. For what ever reason when I have the bench inclined at low angles like 15 to 45 degrees, my rotators go through hell at those angles. It seems like the higher the incline, the less front delt upper bicep tie in pain I feel. Almost like my body favors higher incline to full blown military presses.

Hey booey. Yeah I’m familiar with the form. I definitely make sure to keep my shoulders and scapula retracted all the way back and down to but my pecs in a better mechanical advantage to bear the weight.

The thing is fellas. When I train I do feel it in my upper chest. My upper chest from the collarbone down is usually sore for 2 days after chest training which is a good thing. Means that I am effectively hitting the area but the problem is after 4 years of concentrated heavy incline movements with absolutely no flat angle chest work, my chest is still flat at the top with no meat on the collarbones and huge at the bottom giving my chest a sagging breast look when you look at my side profile.

Hey Heavyhitter. Thanks for advice bro. I 'll try the pause reps on my next chest workout.

Last edited:
Hey bieberhole69. Thanks for the advice. I actually have made modifications to my training to get around my injuries. For incline barbell movements I’ve been using an olypmic swiss bar to keep my hands in the neutral position while I incline benchpress. The neutral grip positions allows me to tuck my elbows in and protects my upper bicep front delt tie injury from further damage. The only issue with tucking my elbows for me is my triceps get fried before my upper chest does do to the elbow tucking.

Another modification I made is I use a higher incline angle like 60 degrees to hit my upper chest. For what ever reason when I have the bench inclined at low angles like 15 to 45 degrees, my rotators go through hell at those angles. It seems like the higher the incline, the less front delt upper bicep tie in pain I feel. Almost like my body favors higher incline to full blown military presses.

Hey booey. Yeah I’m familiar with the form. I definitely make sure to keep my shoulders and scapula retracted all the way back and down to but my pecs in a better mechanical advantage to bear the weight.

The thing is fellas. When I train I do feel it in my upper chest. My upper chest from the collarbone down is usually sore for 2 days after chest training which is a good thing. Means that I am effectively hitting the area but the problem is after 4 years of concentrated heavy incline movements with absolutely no flat angle chest work, my chest is still flat at the top with no meat on the collarbones and huge at the bottom giving my chest a sagging breast look when you look at my side profile.

Hey Heavyhitter. Thanks for advice bro. I 'll try the pause reps on my next chest workout.

The higher the incline, the more delts you're working (and consequently, less chest). Why don't you try starting with DBs on a very low incline and see if this helps? DBs are always pain free on my shoulders even when I have a preexisting problem caused from BB pressing.

Hey bieberhole69. Thanks for the advice bro. Yeah I actually do incline dumbbell presses but with those it's the same problem I have. I have to do my dumbbell presses with a very steep incline 60 degrees and up. lower angle inclines like 10 to 45 degrees aggravate my front delt upper bicep tendon injury. For what ever reason the higher the incline the less shoulder aggravation to my injury.

Here's a pic with an arrow pointing to my injury. I'm thinking it's a slab tear. I had it for almost 8 years now. First injured it from heavy barbell incline presses. The injury is where the upper bicep tendon connects to the front delt. At first I thought it was a pec tear but I'm thinking it's the upper bicep tendon that's injured. This injury forces me to do all of my chest pressing movements with my elbows tucked to my sides to avoid aggravating the injury.

In the pic my upper chest looks good but that's because I'm deliberately flexing it in a muscular crab pose. When I stand relaxed my upper chest is pretty much non existent with no muscle covering my collar bones. The lack of upper chest can really be seen on page 1 of this thread in the pic of me standing sideways in the mirror.

Attachments

• crab pose2.jpg
    crab pose2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,347
Last edited:
Get to 240 lbs, ur upper chest will be bigger.. make that 275x8 to 275x15, it will be bigger also

can someone post a pic of high clavicle? never heard of it before..

Try flat bench or decline but bring the bar to the very bottom of neck right at the clavicle that will build the muscle along the bone, when I do it with decline I feel very very good squeeze through entire chest starting from clavicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you please elaborate on WHY these are so good for the upper chest especially?

do them for a while, then see how you look. lol!

that vid on the first page of jm is the reverse dip one and you can go a little further bending the elbows while keeping focus on the chest.

these two and wide grip declines.

night and slow.

they really add filing to that line between chest and front delt and make chest much wider, really get the chest wider, so its flaring out off your body.

the goal is just bigger, bigger everything.
the op is doing way too mcuh work too..

Aside from the regular incline exercises,,, try this

You will definitely feel it even on the first rep, wont be able to go as heavy tho.

Flat bench press but instead of lowering to lower chest/nips,,, lower to your neck. You will feel it more in upper chest along ur clavicle line.

Aside from the regular incline exercises,,, try this

You will definitely feel it even on the first rep, wont be able to go as heavy tho.

Flat bench press but instead of lowering to lower chest/nips,,, lower to your neck. You will feel it more in upper chest along ur clavicle line.

OP already stated he can't guillotine press

OP already stated he can't guillotine press

Well then he's fucked, to the OP sorry bro work with what you got, go press in every which way possible until you can't anymore get 50lbs bigger and you'll have a big chest, last but not least try benching ibg with a wider grip if you can't do that then do everything you can. This is your advice that is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner