over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to build the upper pecs with high clavicual insertions

Yea dont go by that grip width...that was just something I was trying out for a while....for the widowmaker set

Bump for a great thread. Always nice to be reminded a few thngs about training. :)

This shit seems to always change lol! Before it was decline was the go to press for chest, now we're back to incline lol!! Maybe I gave up on inclines too soon/wasn't executing them right :confused:

EMG studies do show that the decline benchpress does indeed hit the most pec fibers with the least amount of front delt recruitment but this is because for most people the majority of there chest fibers is the lower to mid pecs at the sternal head.

For the average man, there's less muscle fibers at the clavicular head of the pecs unless your a genetic freak like Franco Columbo and others.

Check out the Barnett study on all bench press angles and grip placements. Here's a link right here.

**broken link removed**

Check out how they studied the reverse grip benchpress and it turned out that the reverse grip benchpress hit more clavicular head of the pecs aka upper pecs more so then even the incline benchpress.

In the study it also showed that there was no big difference in upper chest stimulation between the flat benchpress and the incline benchpress.

Last edited:
I remember Dorian saying the main function of the pecs is "down and in". I like to finish chest sometimes with pumping with cable crossovers. Not too much weight that form goes out the window, keeping elbows fairly stiff. I see a lot of people using too much weight and basically making it a decline press. I've never used so much weight that I had to make it a pressing move, so maybe I shouldn't judge, maybe it stimulates pretty good. I remember a couple weeks ago waking up with a sore shoulder out of nowhere, all I could do for chest that day was cable crossovers, chest was really sore the next day from just those.

EMG studies do show that the decline benchpress does indeed hit the most pec fibers with the least amount of front delt recruitment but this is because for most people the majority of there chest fibers is the lower to mid pecs at the sternal head.

For the average man, there's less muscle fibers at the clavicular head of the pecs unless your a genetic freak like Franco Columbo and others.

Check out the Barnett study on all bench press angles and grip placements. Here's a link right here.

**broken link removed**

Check out how they studied the reverse grip benchpress and it turned out that the reverse grip benchpress hit more clavicular head of the pecs aka upper pecs more so then even the incline benchpress.

In the study it also showed that there was no big difference in upper chest stimulation between the flat benchpress and the incline benchpress.

Where did you see that, I missed that? I read reverse grip hits clavicle head better than standard grip, but nothing saying it's better than incline

Hey blackstang1288. Sorry for the late response. Here's where I got the info about reverse grip benchpress being better then incline benchpress for the clavicle portion of the pecs.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItvkCRiKxhY"]反握胸推舉 Reverse Grip - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL50Kz26I_0"]Top Secret Chest Techniques Part 2 - Reverse Grip Incline Bench - YouTube[/ame]

This shit seems to always change lol! Before it was decline was the go to press for chest, now we're back to incline lol!! Maybe I gave up on inclines too soon/wasn't executing them right :confused:

imo decline makes your chest bigger, while incline makes it look better, if that makes any sense lol... i use to do purely declines and weighted dips, chest was big but when i switched back to doing incline work i def noticed a much better look and fullness in the upper chest esp seeing it from the side view...

also to the OP- hit a side chest pose and show off the upper chest... i don't know too many people who aren't freak big that look like they have a huge boulder upper chest popping off them from the side just relaxing...

Last edited:
Hey Pitbulltank. Heres a side chest pose shot taken today. Keep in mind I'm flat and depleted from extreme dieting. Dropped almost 30 pounds in 9 months to get shredded and still going.

The second pic is of me standing relaxed sideways so you can see the under development of my upper chest that I'm talking about making it look like I have breast.

Attachments

• side chest shot.jpg
    side chest shot.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,449
  • upper chest serverly lacking in side ways view.jpg
    upper chest serverly lacking in side ways view.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 815
Hey Pitbulltank. Heres a side chest pose shot taken today. Keep in mind I'm flat and depleted from extreme dieting. Dropped almost 30 pounds in 9 months to get shredded and still going.

The second pic is of me standing relaxed sideways so you can see the under development of my upper chest that I'm talking about making it look like I have breast.

looks completely proportional to the rest of your physique if you want my honest opinion... don't be too hard on yourself... get bigger lol :headbang:

most peoples chest looks that way in relaxed from the side unless a super ton of muscle in the chest and low body fat... even then, gravity makes pecs hang a lil...

Have been using Dantes movement for the cheat for a few weeks now and I only have to use 2 plates and a 10 each side and it hits hit perfect. Can't wait to see what a few months of this does.

imo decline makes your chest bigger, while incline makes it look better, if that makes any sense lol... i use to do purely declines and weighted dips, chest was big but when i switched back to doing incline work i def noticed a much better look and fullness in the upper chest esp seeing it from the side view...

also to the OP- hit a side chest pose and show off the upper chest... i don't know too many people who aren't freak big that look like they have a huge boulder upper chest popping off them from the side just relaxing...

Yea I got caught up in the "decline rules all" mindset the last couple years and kinda threw incline to the wayside. Gonna incorporate it back into my training. It only makes sense this is what I need, as my upper chest is lacking most

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131