advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to Keep Blood Glucose In check on GH?

Warrior08

Registered
My fasted BG is usually in the 70's but I've been on 4-6iu of GH for the last two months and it has climbed to 97 this morning.

we all know the trouble that come with high fasted BG levels so i would like to bring them down asap.

Im only using insulin one day a week on my re feed day.

Im dieting so my carbs are lower then usual too.

So How do you guys keep BG in Check on GH??

Supplements, drugs etc.....????

Metformin works well.

yea after doing some resherach I'm going to give it a go.

Im going to keep my GH the same at 6iu on days i lift and 4 iu on off days but ill add 500mg of metformin every morning, work my way up to 1000mg ed.

Take small amount of slin with your gh (6iu)

So every time is pin my GH pin a few iu of humalog with it?

I'm dieting so I was trying to limit my slin use to one day a week on my re feed days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metformin alternatives

Hi guys,
Yes Metformin works well. But if you want to try non drug alternatives chromium nicotinate 800 mg 2x/day and alpha lipoic acid (dosing varies/will explain) work too, as does the addition of quercetin and even acetyl-l-carnitine....but usually I get someone's blood sugar under control with just the first two things mentioned.

ALA-if you are on thyroid hormone(which actually doesn't work as well as other things to reduce bodyfat believe it or not) then you can take 2 300 mg caps or even 3 300 mg caps 2x/day.

If NOT on thyroid hormones you don't want to suppress your own production so in that case ALA is limited to 3 300 mg caps/day.

A FBS of 97 can be brought down usually to a normal FBS of 85 or less with the first two products I mentioned.

Happy Saturday!:love:
Dr.Kim

Well that doesn't actually solve the problem. Fasted blood glucose in the morning will still be high. You'll basically just be lowering your BG for a few hours and then it'll return to normal high levels. Slin just works as bandaid without solving the problem.

Metformin and Berberine are probably your best options.

I tend to use 1000mgs of Met 5-6 hours post workout as it signals AMPk and lowers IGF levels.

Actually not...

BID dosing and 1/2 lives of the supplements I mentioned actually DOES fix FBS-I have hundreds of pts on this plus sometimes other integratives and it does indeed work. Thanks for listing the other options again tho'!

PS I have diabetics who HAD glucoses in the 150's NORMAL on integratives and I have them do home checks including fasting....so one way to do it is drugs,the other is NOT drugs.

Happy weekend!
Dr.Kim

Berberine (500mg up to 3 times per day) or,

Na-R-ala (300mg twice per day or 600mg in the morning)+ Agmatine (500-1000mg with each Na-R-ala dose) + ALCAR (1000mg with each Na-R-ala dose)

Hi guys,
Yes Metformin works well. But if you want to try non drug alternatives chromium nicotinate 800 mg 2x/day and alpha lipoic acid (dosing varies/will explain) work too, as does the addition of quercetin and even acetyl-l-carnitine....but usually I get someone's blood sugar under control with just the first two things mentioned.

ALA-if you are on thyroid hormone(which actually doesn't work as well as other things to reduce bodyfat believe it or not) then you can take 2 300 mg caps or even 3 300 mg caps 2x/day.

If NOT on thyroid hormones you don't want to suppress your own production so in that case ALA is limited to 3 300 mg caps/day.

A FBS of 97 can be brought down usually to a normal FBS of 85 or less with the first two products I mentioned.

Happy Saturday!:love:
Dr.Kim

I'll be giving that a try. Mine is always in higher 90's in the morning, even with 750mg of Metformin.

Dr Kim, what do you think of Metformin? Do you believe in the anti-aging benefits? Thanks

Response to para

Hi Para!
Metformin is either extended release or non extended-if you use non extended you need 2x/day dosing.

Yes, what I'm telling you does indeed work. Just make sure you always buy pharmaceutical grade. Not Rite-Aid or Costco. Good stuff.

Metformin is interesting. We are finding out it helps lipids. And we are also seeing that it extends telomere length, thus implying it has anti-aging benefits.

I will be totally honest here and tell you I have a bias against chemicals-all chemicals, whether they are pesticides or pharmaceuticals. So while I do adknowlege the preliminary studies on metformin I can list you 100 natural integratives which ALSO extend telomeres.

Thanks for asking and have a super Sunday! :love:
Dr.Kim

Metformin usually does the trick. But if you didn't want to go that route and your morning fasted BG keeps rising I'd take time off. Then jump back on after a few weeks of it being normal range.

Is there any evidence that the ER/XR version is less effective or less optimal for us bodybuilders?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well that doesn't actually solve the problem. Fasted blood glucose in the morning will still be high. You'll basically just be lowering your BG for a few hours and then it'll return to normal high levels. Slin just works as bandaid without solving the problem.

Metformin and Berberine are probably your best options.

I tend to use 1000mgs of Met 5-6 hours post workout as it signals AMPk and lowers IGF levels.

So try to keep away from workouts?

BID dosing and 1/2 lives of the supplements I mentioned actually DOES fix FBS-I have hundreds of pts on this plus sometimes other integratives and it does indeed work. Thanks for listing the other options again tho'!

PS I have diabetics who HAD glucoses in the 150's NORMAL on integratives and I have them do home checks including fasting....so one way to do it is drugs,the other is NOT drugs.

Happy weekend!

Dr.Kim

Thanks for the response! I'm going to go the metformin route Bc I can get it for free and it's has a lot of other benefits.

What's the best way to use it without it effecting muscle mass? 500 twice a day or 1000 once a day as far from the workout as possible?

Thanks

Bump for questions unanswered..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My fasting glucose (on GH) on the OTC supps mentioned above was still around 95-97. Tested it a few times for blood work.

When tested with metformin, it was 76. I'll probably never use the OTC stuff again. Just didn't work for me.

the 6iu-thing has shown an ability to up regulate IGF receptors, which further increases sensitivity.

Otherwise, Glipizide increases both Insulin AND insulin sensitivity... AND increases GH output. I haven't heard it for a while, but what's wrong with glipizide, guys...serious question.

Glipizide and Metformin still considered a great combination for those complicated diabetics, still probably nicely applicable for bodybuilders.

Frick, for you guys takin MK677...

what about GW1516?I've tried metformin started very low dose with food but couldn't tolerate it no matter what,extreme gas,bloating and nausea....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws