advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to make vegan protein powder taste... tolerable?!?!

add 2 packets of aspartame, i do this to all my shakes protein, carb, anything, it makes them taste AMAZING. Hell i even add it to drinks like tea, coke zero, etc.

i am sure it'll make the vegan stuff tolerable

So many studies about aspartame's noxiousness (same with most artificial sweeteners), that I'd rather add straight brown cane sugar...

Agave Nectur is a better choice.
It will not spike insulin production, it's a slow acting carb.

-MT

So many studies about aspartame's noxiousness (same with most artificial sweeteners), that I'd rather add straight brown cane sugar...

Vegetable proteins are as effective as animal or dairy proteins ?

Can't digest casein anymore, only whey hydro in SMALL doses, so out of convenience, instead of eating more solid foods, I figured lately I'd give a vegan blend a try.

It being a mix of pea isolate, brown rice concentrate and hemp, it contains all EAA'S (no deficiency in either methionine/cysteine or lysine), so the nutritional value is optimal... which was my first concern.

Now... the taste... :eek::mad::naughty::(

Just one scoop of that, well... sand, mixed in either water, almond milk, fruit juice or even soya yogurt with honey is just HORRENDOUS!!! Honestly never ate/drank something so disgusting... no matter how hungry you are, it will curb your appetite in seconds... lol... :eek:

Does anyone have a way to make it... not good, it's impossible :eek::p, but just bearable?

Hey JC.

Hope you are well.

This is what Lisa (and I use) . . . plant – based Vega protein and greens, tropical flavor.

20G of protein per scoop, 120C per scoop, ~20 servings per container. Tasted great.
I just dipped a finger in to verify.

She mixes it in our ‘smoothies’ in the AM, along with fresh fruit, fresh greens and other
stuff . . . who knows with her . . . perhaps even lawn clippings ;) I never taste the Vega
powder in it. Could probably double the ‘dose’ and it would still taste just tine.

JC, you know / met Lisa, she is anything but your typical looking vegetarian (actually now
gone vegan . . . was vegan when she hiked the WA section of the PCT in a very fast time
this past summer). She is very solidly built, strong and enduring. Nobody after seeing her,
would ever accuse her of being vegan. Healthiest person I know.

Give the plant – based Vega protein and greens a try, Can’t hurt, might help.

Hope you can find it . . . and hope this helps.

Hey JC.

Hope you are well.

This is what Lisa (and I use) . . . plant – based Vega protein and greens, tropical flavor.

20G of protein per scoop, 120C per scoop, ~20 servings per container. Tasted great.
I just dipped a finger in to verify.

She mixes it in our ‘smoothies’ in the AM, along with fresh fruit, fresh greens and other
stuff . . . who knows with her . . . perhaps even lawn clippings ;) I never taste the Vega
powder in it. Could probably double the ‘dose’ and it would still taste just tine.

JC, you know / met Lisa, she is anything but your typical looking vegetarian (actually now
gone vegan . . . was vegan when she hiked the WA section of the PCT in a very fast time
this past summer). She is very solidly built, strong and enduring. Nobody after seeing her,
would ever accuse her of being vegan. Healthiest person I know.

Give the plant – based Vega protein and greens a try, Can’t hurt, might help.

Hope you can find it . . . and hope this helps.

This one, Ron, correct? :)

All you needed to tell me was it's Lisa approved... enough to convince me to try it! :headbang: ;)

Hope the two of you are doing great, my friend... thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it... and report! :p:)

Attachments

• 51+9PBwoYJL._SY450_.jpg
    51+9PBwoYJL._SY450_.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 49
Agave Nectur is a better choice.
It will not spike insulin production, it's a slow acting carb.

Agave Nectur is indeed a little wonder, and I often use it... still, slow acting or not, I have to be cautious cause I tend to overdose it pretty quick... :p

Maybe some Stevia?

Have indeed yet to try Stevia on its own... the only noticeable experience I had with it was drinking Green Coke, and it was not what I'd call famous... but I'll give it a second chance. ;)

Vegetable proteins are as effective as animal or dairy proteins ?

On their own NO, cause they all are deficient in either methionine and cystine for legumes (peas and beans), or lysine for cereals (rice, oat, rhye, etc...). That's why when you want to go vegan and use a protein powder, you need to find one containing a mix of several sources, at least one legume/one cereal. Most brands carry a blend of pea and brown rice, but you also often find hemp, pumpkin and spirulina.

Unlike what most people tend to think, soya doesn't contain all EAA'S either, thus has to be completed with a cereal based protein. Not to mention the phytoestrogens concern... :cool:

Last edited:
I found stevia works well for cooking/baking and yogurts. Disgusting good in coffee.

Agave Nectur is indeed a little wonder, and I often use it... still, slow acting or not, I have to be cautious cause I tend to overdose it pretty quick... :p

Have indeed yet to try Stevia on its own... the only noticeable experience I had with it was drinking Green Coke, and it was not what I'd call famous... but I'll give it a second chance. ;)

On their own NO, cause they all are deficient in either methionine and cystine for legumes (peas and beans), or lysine for cereals (rice, oat, rhye, etc...). That's why when you want to go vegan and use a protein powder, you need to find one containing a mix of several sources, at least one legume/one cereal. Most brands carry a blend of pea and brown rice, but you also often find hemp, pumpkin and spirulina.

Unlike what most people tend to think, soya doesn't contain all EAA'S either, thus has to be completed with a cereal based protein. Not to mention the phytoestrogens concern... :cool:

Merci pour tes explications ;)

Another Option

Phidias,

I have found that any protein powder, regardless of vegetable or animal,
causes digestion issues if used in higher quantities on a regular basis.

The other option you can always use is straight EAA's.
They blend well with lots of things.

Just food for thought.

-MT

This one, Ron, correct? :)

All you needed to tell me was it's Lisa approved... enough to convince me to try it! :headbang: ;)

Hope the two of you are doing great, my friend... thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it... and report! :p:)

We are doing well, thank you. Lisa says Hi.

And yes. That is the one.

She has a recipe using the chocolate version of that powder where she makes
a pudding using chia seeds and powdered coconut milk and some other ingredient.
She would make it every morning when she was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
Mixed it up in the AM in a baggie, put it in her pack and let it hydrate and set-up
while she was walking and have it for lunch. Perfect mixture of protein, carbs
and fats. It really powered her through the PCT. She is going to make some for
me and if it is any good I will post up the recipe in the Recipes Forum for everyone.

Last edited:
You red it right! :) Though, as I'm getting older and caring much more about my health than I used to at the beginning of my BB journey, I'm trying to avoid meat as much as possible (and fish for seas are so polluted, mainly with heavy metals but not only).

But without meat, fish and dairy except whey hydro, you're actually left with very little choice... still eating a lot of eggs (no issue digesting them), but I've yet to find an egg powder (white or whole) that digests just as fine... liquid egg whites are ok, but only cooked... in their liquid form they stay on my stomach for hours... :eek:

How have your daughter's progresses been since she fully switched (except for eggs) to a vegan lifestyle? Very interested in hearing testimonies... :)

Her vegan lifestyle suits her. She seems to have boundless energy that she channels into her cycling, yoga and a bit of resistance training. She rarely gets ill, even when her siblings come down with something.

Stevia is where it's at. I'd like to use monk fruit but stuff is quite expensive. Maybe during prep it would serve as a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUn Warrior's Vegan Protein taste good

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner