over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how to NOT get an infection...

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
yesterday i was training a client who is a surgical nurse in a cardio unit. we were discussing why so many bber get celusitus(sp) and infections. ite not always the gear. its bad injection procedure. so assuming you do the whole shower with anti bactirial soap and swabing the area and swabbing the bottle tops.....there is a better way than all this.
she said before surgery nurses scrub down the patients in betadine. it kills almost all bactiria instantly. and its used to put on healing wounds afterwards sometimes. nothing is better than this stuff. all surgeries in the unit are done with this stuff.

protocol:
you do not have to shower first. just rubthe betadine on in a circular motion starting in the middle and working your way out. allow to dry, do injection, and shower after. thats it. its less effort, and easy to do and guarentees you are like 95%less likely to get infection. unless its dirty gear.

hope this helps, i know when dieting for a show this can make it less of a pain in the ass to inject. (no pun intended.):p
god bless
lucian

A nurses injection guide posted here a while ago said there's no need to clean skin with alc or iodine prior to IM injections. Said it doesn't cut down infection frequency.

Edit:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
YES

A nurses injection guide posted here a while ago said there's no need to clean skin with alc or iodine prior to IM injections. Said it doesn't cut down infection frequency.

Edit:

**broken link removed**

TRUE, IT DOESNT.......YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME SWABBING YOUR SKIN WITH ALCOHOL.

Edit:

**broken link removed**

well from the post you put on here it says alcohol 70% swab there is no need. it does not say anything about betadine. most docs do not break out the betadine as it is more messy than alcohol. but this is a nurse guide for inj? well my client does surgery all day long in one of the top cardio hospitals in the country in VA. a lot of things on paper dont hold true to practical application. and what does soiled skin mean? dirty? can you se the dirt? what if you cant see it? and lets not forget, hospitals, not surgery rooms are known to be the most dirty places around. so many infections and sickness come from them. however opening up someone to do a heart transplant or vascular grapht has to be more sterile.

regardless if you have ever had an infection, i think you would take the time even if it was wasted to do some cleaning prep even if the skin was not soiled.
goe bless
lucian

Last edited:
chloraprep kills all and rotaiton rotation rotation.

well from the post you put on here it says alcohol 70% swab there is no need. it does not say anything about betadine. most docs do not break out the betadine as it is more messy than alcohol. but this is a nurse guide for inj? well my client does surgery all day long in one of the top cardio hospitals in the country in VA. a lot of things on paper dont hold true to practical application. and what does soiled skin mean? dirty? can you se the dirt? what if you cant see it? and lets not forget, hospitals, not surgery rooms are known to be the most dirty places around. so many infections and sickness come from them. however opening up someone to do a heart transplant or vascular grapht has to be more sterile.

regardless if you have ever had an infection, i think you would take the time even if it was wasted to do some cleaning prep even if the skin was not soiled.
goe bless
lucian

Couldn't find the post with the link so did a google search and found this. I seem to remember iodine mentioned too but could be wrong. Just thought it interesting. But it doesn't hurt to clean the skin at the very least. :)

Well the problem is ...

Iso-alcohol in 70% is too low of concentration to kill bacteria. It is called bacteriostatic. Meaning it causes bacterial growth to slow. Now chorohexidiene gluconate is bacterial cidal. Which means it kills the bacteria. Actually betadine does not entirely kill bacteria either. The new version of surgical prep is called "chlora prep" which is based on chorohexidine. Great stuff it is. It also comes in little alcohol wipe type applicators in the little folded packs. This is the best product to use. And use and start at the center working in a circular motion paying attention no to go back over an area already worked on. Then wait 3 minutes after application. Then inject. Now if you get a infection more than likely due to dirty gear. However there is sterile abcess development as well. This can happen when too much solvent is used in gear, or just too high of a volume of injected material ie 5-6ml in small muscles at one time. Just be safe all and read, read, oh and read some more. Dont just take someones word for it look it up in some medical literature. I work in medicine as it is my passion. I sometimes wonder where the hell people come up with there information. It is usually based on so and so s theory or some 18 yr old kid making up the "pros cycles, and the pros injecting techniques". This stuff is laughable to me. I will say this board is the best for truly looking for answers and opinions of those who actually know what they are talking about Phil, Big Bapper, lats, JT etc....Just awesome guys in my book :)

Last edited:
its just iodine right??/?

i have heard thatbefore aways wanted it

ive had cellulitius twice

1 was bunk gear

one i put too much oil in a tiny muscle ( i didnt even pin the muscle i wasnt paying attnetion and just went subq almost with it!!!) fucked up my soft tissue

longstory short went to er with antibiotic IV

merky winstrol!

everyone should also invest in some zpaks, they are readily available now thru all the online pharmacies, great medication for bber's

hibiclens.

Personally, I think everyone that trains in any gym or health club should shower with Hibiclens at least once a week as it will help to lower the incidence of getting a staph infection. If you haven't had the pleasure of a staph infection count yourself lucky.

As for infections from gear, I think it has more to do with the gear, volume injected, and people reusing needles among other things. Using alcohol swabs and betadine isn't going to make a difference if your a relatively clean person to begin with. I will still continue to use Alcohol swabs just out of habit as I work in healthcare. I do at times pin myself without prepping the area and I've never had a problem.

What matters to me is where the gear came from and what has touched the needle I'm gonna use. I usually pull from the vial with a 18ga and pin with another needle usually 25ga, always keeping the cap on the injection needle until I use it for the injection.

It seems everyone has their own ritual for giving themselves injections and I'm no different. Just keep some sort of order of cleanliness, don't push more oil then a particular muscle can handle, and most of the time you will be fine.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear