over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to reduce "Wide Waist"

2Ripped33

Newbies
I'm 4 weeks out from a mankini show aka mens physique :) and I was told by a couple pro's that I have a wide waist and I have a lot of muscle in my obliques. Any tricks, exercises or supps that can help with this area. Was told to do 200-300 broom twists a day to help slim down the area. Obviously I'm going to do everything I can within 4 weeks to grow my lats and delts so I have more of a V look. Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm 4 weeks out from a mankini show aka mens physique :) and I was told by a couple pro's that I have a wide waist and I have a lot of muscle in my obliques. Any tricks, exercises or supps that can help with this area. Was told to do 200-300 broom twists a day to help slim down the area. Obviously I'm going to do everything I can within 4 weeks to grow my lats and delts so I have more of a V look. Any help would be much appreciated!

You were told to do more exercises for an already supposed overly developed body part? This doesn't make sense I would not train them at all.

Pick different parents.

Is it oblique muscle or a skeletal structure issue?

Seriously, I'm not being an ass, but if your hip girdle is wide (in comparison to your shoulders), there isn't much that can be done.

There are some massive guys that actually have too much muscle in their obliques, but unless you're an unusual case, I have to believe that it's more of a structural issue. No disrespect intended, but I've not seen any "Mankini" competitors (love that term, stealing it!) with enough muscle to have a true muscular-related oblique issue.

If it is muscle, there's not a lot to be done in 4 weeks. Stop squatting and deadlifting?

You were told to do more exercises for an already supposed overly developed body part? This doesn't make sense I would not train them at all.

Probably the same people that tell their "clients" to do crunches to get ripped abs!;)

Last edited:
Yeah I certainly would not do MORE work to your obliques if they are already too big!
Stop training obliques.

I think vacum type exercises are supposed to help but thats from what ive read (please dont hold me to that one thogh) and agree with others to increase the muscle in that area is to only make it bigger. With only 4 weeks to go, I would concentrate on lowering body fat and water weight to reduce stomach size (overall size). Long term I would concentrate on bringing up the upper part of your body to bring everything more into proportion if it is still a problem.

This might be stretching a bit but I wonder if some type of heat/cold treatment or that topical fat loss cream crap might help at least temporaly move some water/fat from a targeted area.

Get a bigger back! That'll make your waist looks smaller.
A wide waist is genetic. Lose all your fat and that's the best you can do. Keep working on your back and lats to help out your problem

dave_19 has some great threads on this read up...

What worked for me ,, lower your protein, or eat smaller meals,,,

Carbs does not make your stomach distended as many have come to believe .,..

But eating 60g of protein and 90g of carbs with 15 g of fat will definitely have you bloated like a pregnant woman,,,

I now prefer to eat every 2 hours even if its 35g pro/50 g carbs or 50g pro/50g carbs its light wont TAP YOU OUT but will provide energy and you can eat again sooner...

Get a bigger back! That'll make your waist looks smaller.
A wide waist is genetic. Lose all your fat and that's the best you can do. Keep working on your back and lats to help out your problem

Don't forget the wheels bro. Big legs make the X

more quad sweep, more delts, more lats, maybe vaccums?, and dropping water beforehand.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear