advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humalog Vs Novolog- is there a difference?

F350

Registered
Newbies
Can anyone answer if Humalog & Novalog are the same branded under different names? I did alot of searching and supposedly they both are rapid, have the same onset and peak times, and work similarly but there seems to be some disagreement on all the sites comparing them. Who better to try to get a straight answer from than the BB community? I am about to order some and im just trying to make sure I get the best fast acting version. What happened to the good days when i can walk into my pharm and buy it OTC for $40 no RX?
I did find a link Walmart sells a different version no RX required but even if they would sell me Humalog it will be astronomical in price now days.

thanks for your help!

You need an RX.
The walmart version you found is Humalin R, which is not the rapid fast-acting slin.

And in my experiences with both Humalog and Novalog, both are identical. I use them interchangeably and have never noticed a difference personally.

No difference and TBH log is the only insulin I'd recommend pre workout. R no matter how many times I try doesn't get the job done. Log is expensive to buy from UGL and grey sites, if you want it without a RX look for some desperate diabetics. They've usually got enough to spare, use to be able to sell it on Craigslist not long ago.

OT but what happened to generic Log? I thought it was launching this year?

i have used R all the time. like it a lot.
-F

Can anyone answer if Humalog & Novalog are the same branded under different names? I did alot of searching and supposedly they both are rapid, have the same onset and peak times, and work similarly but there seems to be some disagreement on all the sites comparing them. Who better to try to get a straight answer from than the BB community? I am about to order some and im just trying to make sure I get the best fast acting version. What happened to the good days when i can walk into my pharm and buy it OTC for $40 no RX?
I did find a link Walmart sells a different version no RX required but even if they would sell me Humalog it will be astronomical in price now days.

thanks for your help!
Novolog is insulin aspart and humalog is insulin lispro. For our intents and purposes, they are identical drugs. They both begin to work within 15-20 minutes, peak around 1-2 hours and are effectively finished at 4 hours. For diabetics, I am sure there is enough difference from person to person for it to matter, but I really doubt healthy people could tell a difference between the two.

What you found at walmart was Humalin R, which is regular human insulin. Nothing wrong it but it takes effect more slowly than the two you're asking about. Humalin R/Novolin R, takes effect about 30-45 min post injection, peaks around 1.5-2.5 hours, and is effectively out of your system after 6 hours.

Side note, if you inject humalin/novoln-r IM, it can behave very much like humalog/novolog.

i like R cuz it covers my pre workout meal, intra shake, post work out shake and post workout meal. thats a BIG window of nutrient shuttling.
-F

Ive always found using Humalog was easier to time things out with. I just like the ease of timing things i guess compared to a longer acting slin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity