over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypothyroidism and Armour

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have Mild Hypothyroidism,probaly from Overuse of ECA and too much Cardio with Little Caloric Intake.

Anyway my TSH one time came out at 7.4

Now my TSH is 3.3, i still feel Hypothyroidism symptoms Such as Dry Hair,

thick Skin, Brittle fingernail , Feeling Cold Hands and Feet ,depression, loss of Energy.

IM going to Supplement with Thyroid medications Such as Armour

Which is : 38 mcg of (T4) and 9 mcg of (T3) per 60 mg pill(1).

My Question is Should i just take 1 pill per day as a replacement.

What is the Normal production per day of T4 and T3.

Im thinking of Taking 2 (60MG) pill per day so it give 76 mcg(T4) and 18 mcg(T3).

Does that sound like a good idea?

I read in some post that optimal T3 per day should be 25 mcg, that means i could take 3 Pills but its alot of T4 ....

That would be 114 mcg(T4) and 27 mcg (T3) per day.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Is this so you can keep dieting or is your diet finished and your TSH is still low? If it is the latter, how long has it been since your diet has been finished?

I may be wrong but I think amour is still being made. I use to take amour as a medication due to hyperthyriodism but I am not take synthriod. But do not rely on this info as I may be incorrect on the status of amour. To answer the question reguarding your dosage, I actually take 120 mg a day which is two synthriods dose at 60mg each.

I may be wrong but I think amour is still being made. I use to take amour as a medication due to hyperthyriodism but I am not take synthriod. But do not rely on this info as I may be incorrect on the status of amour. To answer the question reguarding your dosage, I actually take 120 mg a day which is two synthriods dose at 60mg each.

Why are you taking Thyroid Hormones While Being HYPERTHYROIDISM? Or did you Mean Hypothyrodism?

If someone is Hyperthydodism That means they are making too much Thyroid Hormones... They need Less and not more if im not mistaken....

Your taking 2 Armour at 60 MG each or 2 Synthroid ?

And may i ask What is your TSH after taking 2 armour per day?

Thank you

2 Armour(60mg each) = 18 mcg T3 , 76 T4 mcg Per Day

Last edited:
My thyriod was overly active and I was prescribed to synthriod and after 6 months I was told to double my dose from 30mg to 60mg. Not sure about my TSH level.

get your estrogen and cortisol tested

4:1 conversion of T4 to T3

so two grains come out to ~30mcg ish T3 in the body if your cells can do its job correctly.

TSH is weak , in terms of what to go buy,,,go buy the feel when it comes to thyroid, but shit bump up LITTLE every 7 days. not next day and shit, you actually dont feel it until a few days afterwards...wahtever that maybe (sides or good results)

get your estrogen and cortisol tested

4:1 conversion of T4 to T3

so two grains come out to ~30mcg ish T3 in the body if your cells can do its job correctly.

TSH is weak , in terms of what to go buy,,,go buy the feel when it comes to thyroid, but shit bump up LITTLE every 7 days. not next day and shit, you actually dont feel it until a few days afterwards...wahtever that maybe (sides or good results)

I did a blood test for Cortisol. Its way too high.

My cortisol is all over the place! Its too High in the 1.Morning , 2. Afternoon and 3. Evening.

i dont know about Estrogen but One thing i know, Im not prone to Gynecosmetia since i never had it in the past.

Last edited:
Armour and several other natural thyroid preparations are still being made but are currently in very short supply! Check this website for full details -

Hypothyroid Mistreatment and Thyroid Treatment Scandal | Stop The Thyroid Madness

TSH is a crappy way of telling your Hypothyroid, symptoms tell the real storey! (I had a TSH of 2.1 before i started treatment but i found a good doctor that treated me according to my symtoms and not a shitty outdated bloodtest!)

With you results you WERE definatly clinically hypo according to TSH but now the reading has come down you are back in normal range (at least in my country you would be - UK) and our health service would not treat you! (i have had to go private!)

Most hypothyroid patients do very well on Standard T4 meds (Levothyroxine etc) which is by far the cheapest treatment, but even then dosages should be taken with regard to symptoms, not a blood test! (unfortunatly there are thousands of people whos doctors are keeping them on a dosage that gets thier blood test in a normal range but are still ignoring symtoms - well, your blood tests are OK so your obviously well! )

Anyway, ive babbled on enough, take a look at the website and educate yourself, 1. before you fuck yourself up and, 2. before you see your doctor and have to go through all the months of shit i have!!!

When my doctor increased my thryiod medication, he didn't run anytest but he went by my weight history, how I was feeling and etc.

Armour and several other natural thyroid preparations are still being made but are currently in very short supply! Check this website for full details -

Hypothyroid Mistreatment and Thyroid Treatment Scandal | Stop The Thyroid Madness

TSH is a crappy way of telling your Hypothyroid, symptoms tell the real storey! (I had a TSH of 2.1 before i started treatment but i found a good doctor that treated me according to my symtoms and not a shitty outdated bloodtest!)

With you results you WERE definatly clinically hypo according to TSH but now the reading has come down you are back in normal range (at least in my country you would be - UK) and our health service would not treat you! (i have had to go private!)

Most hypothyroid patients do very well on Standard T4 meds (Levothyroxine etc) which is by far the cheapest treatment, but even then dosages should be taken with regard to symptoms, not a blood test! (unfortunatly there are thousands of people whos doctors are keeping them on a dosage that gets thier blood test in a normal range but are still ignoring symtoms - well, your blood tests are OK so your obviously well! )

Anyway, ive babbled on enough, take a look at the website and educate yourself, 1. before you fuck yourself up and, 2. before you see your doctor and have to go through all the months of shit i have!!!

Thank you for your reply Anabolic2k.

Ive been having symptoms of Hypothyrodism for YEARS, i just didnt know i had it.

Feeling Cold Hands and Feet, BRITTLE finger nails and hair are coarse and dry, i even had the Outer third of my eyebrows Disapear... i just didnt know i had it... My cortisol is out of whack too(its too high)

Im going to Try Armour with 1 Grain(60mg) per day as a Start, then im going to see how i react to it.. Maybe i will need to increase it at 120mg...

Thank you for your reply Anabolic2k.

Ive been having symptoms of Hypothyrodism for YEARS, i just didnt know i had it.

Feeling Cold Hands and Feet, BRITTLE finger nails and hair are coarse and dry, i even had the Outer third of my eyebrows Disapear... i just didnt know i had it... My cortisol is out of whack too(its too high)

Im going to Try Armour with 1 Grain(60mg) per day as a Start, then im going to see how i react to it.. Maybe i will need to increase it at 120mg...

Hey matt, jus wondering....is your thyroid med prescribed by a doctor or you obtained it yourself?

After reading anabolic2k's link, i too realize i might be suffering from hypothyroidism, seem to be suffering from nearly 80% of all the symptoms listed in there, and to add to that lately i couldnt sleep properly and have trouble falling asleep at night... Also feel depressed, with cold feet(mainly) and dry skin..

Will supplementing with T3 at 25mcgs daily help if i'm unable to get armour meds?

doctor didnt do anything for your cortisoL then? did he check to see if you have cushing's?

during my hypothyroid peroid my cortisol was triple during afternnon and late afternoon, my gyno disappeared,,,too much cortisol apparently will mess ALL hormones receptors

anyways, all i needed was 25 to 50mcg dose of t3 and that was research liquid stuff and worked

make sure your stuff is from a legit pharm HG

and what do you mean your cort is 'whacked' i need values

you may have something more than hypothyroidism

see cortsiol/thyroid hormones are in balance, if one goes low the other spikes up vice versa,,,in my case my cort production lowered due to it, so i have to take t3 and cortisol

you need more thyroid, either you are making antibodies to thyroid hormone or receptors not sure you should get more tsts and find a better endo because little bit of thyroid should make a difference,

however if its been like that for years you may need alot more.

FUck TSH go by how you feel. those docs will fuck you up and mkae your life miseraable (if they are stupid) just going by those values. i know a lady whos still hypothyroid when numbers are great, if they increase her dose little bit, she feels much better but oh nooooo TSH is off.

get that shit taken care of, sound really bad. goodluck.

The production of Armour Thryoid and all generic versions have been put on hold. There is absolutely non-available in the USA. I hear however, there is some available in Canada.

Sounds like the manufacturer of Armour thyroid (Forest Labs) is in some trouble:

What Does Forest Laboratories Have to Hide? Forest Labs Again Refuses to Comment Regarding Thyrolar and Levothroid Shortages

"On the thyroid front, Forest has consistently refused to comment about the unannounced reformulation of their natural desiccated thyroid medication Armour Thyroid that took place earlier in 2009. This reformulation caused significant health problems for a subset of patients using Armour. Even after patients and physicians discovered that the reformulation was causing significant health problems in some patients, Forest Laboratories refused to discuss it, remedy it, or comment on it publicly.

Subsquently, when Armour became unavailable this summer, Forest Laboratories refused to comment about the shortage. They referred patients and physicians to a vague statement at the website which said Armour was on backorder, with no estimated date for its return to the market."

they dont make armour anymore
Mine was compounded by the pharmacist. Obviously I have a prescription. And I just had it refilled. The first thing I noticed when I opened the vial was that it was full of powder filled capsules instead of the small pills.

Last edited:
After Studying for Month about Hypothyroidism and T3 and T4...

I WOULD NEVER supplement with T4... its useless...

Doctors Should prescribe T3 Or A mix of T3 and T4.

Some people have problem converting T4 into T3 so they need more T3..

T3 is WAY MORE POTENT. The only reason people dont take T3 its Because of it Short Half-life. It need to be taken 2 times or more Per day...

But its way more potent and your body dont need to convert From T4 too T3.

I recommend for Anyone Reading this Tread, To Go do a BloodWork of TSH, FREE T3 and FREE T4, IT could solve all your Problems... Whether its Gaining muscle OR losing Bodyfat or just Feeling "normal"

AND ASK for T3 and T4, Most doctors just go by the TSH.

Hey matt, jus wondering....is your thyroid med prescribed by a doctor or you obtained it yourself?

After reading anabolic2k's link, i too realize i might be suffering from hypothyroidism, seem to be suffering from nearly 80% of all the symptoms listed in there, and to add to that lately i couldnt sleep properly and have trouble falling asleep at night... Also feel depressed, with cold feet(mainly) and dry skin..

Will supplementing with T3 at 25mcgs daily help if i'm unable to get armour meds?

I would DEFENETLY Supplement T3 BEFORE supplementing T4(useless).

I would Try a Lower Dosage too start say 12.5 Then increase it until i feel Really well.

Armour is just a Mix of T4 and T3.

Always Try a lower Dosage first and Take it on A Empty Stomach first thing in the morning.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws