over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I am back feels like a long time

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
been off here bout a month...had to help with some care with my wife's parents..they are still driving living at home but her dad had to get an ablation in the heart and some targeted radiation on the top of his neck for some squamos ? cell cancer (localized) and her mom has a really low WBC count...been trying to console her and try to prepare for then next few year as we get older are parents don't live forever and she's a mess.

hope everyone has been doing well.

Sorry to hear that MG. All the best for them. Welcome back though.

Been Facing this transition phase Myself.
All our elders start to pass and We then Become the Elders.....

Welcome back but very sorry to hear about what is going on :(

Yeah, I don't post much here, but it's always good to see the names pop up that have spanned the decades and can recall the days of yore when chat boards were "the underground".

Glad you're back and sorry to hear about the in laws. I think we're about the same age. My mom died in 2016, my dad had a full knee replacement with a hinge in Oct 2017. His leg was in REALLY bad shape from 40 years of not dealing with several issues, which caused a lot of issues and damage...his recovery has been loooong! Plus he's been smoking now for 66 years. What can you do? The old man pays for what the young man does.

Last edited:
Been Facing this transition phase Myself.
All our elders start to pass and We then Become the Elders.....
Same here.

Glad to see you back.....and sorry to hear about the parents.

As adults we spend our lives raising kids (if you have them)....have a short time to ourselves, then start the process again with our parents to a lesser degree.

I can empathise as my parent's have been in bad health for sometime...and everytime the phone rings at night when it's not supposed to .....it makes me anxious.

But all the best big guy. Always take care of yourself and your family.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone - really appreciate the kind words and thoughts.
I thought losing my grandparents was bad but my parents will probably pass in the next 5 -10 years and it puts us in touch with our own mortality - we feel so invincible in the gym and in life when we are younger....

Welcome back
I have been doing taken care of my mom and dad since 2005
It definitely make you look at things a little different

Welcome back! I appreciate reading your ideas, experiences, and contributions to PM and have even benefited from a few.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Welcome back. Great to have your experience and intelligence here

Welcome back. Good to have you posting again.

Day to day life goes by yet thinking of how long you and your parents have left is sobering. It's one of those hard things in life yet a good thing to be realistic and plan. It's good of you to take care of your wife's parents. Glad to see your back.

I wasn't going to post about what you wrote about parents as it's a subject I don't like to talk about but I agree 100%. Watching my dad go down to about 100 pounds during long term chemo was tough. The cancer has gone but the fact he has other issues and I live away now makes me worry. I hope your wife's parents are ok and that your parents really surprise you and live to a very old age.

Glad to have you back Bro, sorry to hear about the problems with your wife's folks. It was rough watching my parents get old and deal with various health issues but I was always glad I had the opportunity to do so when so many don't. Hang in there.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

been off here bout a month...had to help with some care with my wife's parents..they are still driving living at home but her dad had to get an ablation in the heart and some targeted radiation on the top of his neck for some squamos ? cell cancer (localized) and her mom has a really low WBC count...been trying to console her and try to prepare for then next few year as we get older are parents don't live forever and she's a mess.

hope everyone has been doing well.

I’m sorry to hear this brother. I am actually kind of dealing with something similar. My mother in law is a diabetic on dialysis with significant heart disease and can barely walk and now she fractured her pelvic bone in three places. I also think she has a hidden opiate issue. Very tough on the wife and on top of that her mom seems extremely selfish and unwilling to help herself while burdening others. Hang in there brother, I feel ya.

Glad you are back and it sounds like everything went ok. How is your father in law doing after his ablation? I just posted on my thread how I will be getting VT ablation done in late March. I hope the surgery helps him to live a longer more comfortable life.

welcome back:)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner