advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think I have been kicked out of my gym.

Thats why I have the thin soled atomix to squat in

could be something to do with insurance,

if your barefoot (and you drop something on yourself) id say your skin is more likely to cut than if you had shoes on. So your going to have a gym covered in blood + your broken foot that you would get no matter whats on your feet

in this day and age people sue for stubbing their toes on the footpath, i guess everyone is just covering their arses (not saying you would do that though)

Here in Australia, we had a fella sue the local council cause he had an all night bender, then went to bondi beach and dove head first in the water (without checking the depth), whacked his head on the bottom and caused himself spinal damage.

Last edited:
^ OHHH NOOOOOOOO BLOOD ON THE FLOOR! *GASP* OHHHH NOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

lol

Tony, im assuming if they lose you as a member... they will be losing a fine female member as welll... They probably dont even care... the salesperson already made their commission. :(

insurance.

put your freakin shoes on or get out. if i owned the gym i would have done the same.

also for sanitary reasons.

old school:rolleyes:

Dont even know what to say..except thats a load of shit:mad:

What a load of horse shit. What could possibly be the logic or reasoning for such unwarranted rule...?

Threaten then with a lawsuit. I've found this works a lot. They would much rather let it go that hire their attorneys, take time off work,etc....

That sucks bro.

But what is benificial about squating bare foot? I have very high arches and walking around bare foot isin't to comfortable , I can't imagine with 400+lb on my back

barefoot here also, waiting for the day when the same happens to me....till then shoes stay in the bag till im done squatting or deadlifting.....

It's all in the delivery...

If I try to read between the lines, part of the problem was how it was delivered (sans the logic Tony pointed out about the barefoot yoga-girls).

If it was an insurance issue, he simply could have said it was exactly that- "Hey, you know what, I'm sorry, I have no problem if you don't wear shoes while squatting. But really, if something happens I'm going to get killed in the insurance, so I really need you put the shoes on. Thanks alot."

Simple, respectful. That's not too hard.

If was a power trip... then I feel bad for people like that who have such a low sense of security they have to exercise whatever minute perceived "authority" they have to feel important.

It's probably not even the shoe issue. Sometimes these guys just want to exercise their authority and go around starting shit, and they wont let it go until you give in. I dont know how long youve been a member at your gym but why is it that theyre telling you this now?

EXACTLY what it is....i was told the same shit at my gym over the summer about deadlifts....the dike bitch that runs the place tried to tell me to deadlift with shoes on.....first time i did it...i got hurt....FUCK THOSE WHOREBAGS....i will never deadlift with shoes on again....and i doubt i'll be a gentlemen if they attempt such bullshit again...more like to rip someone's fucking head off....

where does a female that can't lift 100 pounds get off telling someone that can dead 585 plus how to lift??? i mean wtf

I do my squats, SLDL, Rows and calves without my shoes on...but i keep my socks on...I can kinda...just kinda...see where the gym might not like bare feet...but the weight falling on your foot to justify why you cant is terrible...at least say something likes its not sanitary.

And now i see why your legs are so damn big...nice pictures!

i was gonna say that too...keeping the socks on might appease the fuckers a little bit....

i usually have black socks on and if i'm lucky no one can even tell that works there

Greeks need not apply - sounds like a case of discrimination because of your good looks and charm.

Yeah, nothing like the security of a pair of Chucks or Nikes when a 45lb plate drops on your feet.

PS - Maybe you have really ugly feet? :)

I knew a guy that dropped a 100lb plate on his toes from about 3inches off the ground. He was wearing shoes at the time-but couldn't fit into shoes for over a year afterwards. I can only imagine how much worse off he'd have been w/o shoes on when it happened. The no shoes rule should be enforced...at least more than the "you are required to carry a towel while working out"-rule.

Are you really that special because you squat 465lbs? How special??? Special enough for the owner to risk getting sued and losing his gym when some pencilneck newb accidently drops a plate on your foot? Special enough for all the members to understand when they lose their memberships when this happens??? How about the company that leases the building the gym is in? Should they get dicked out of the remaining time the owner had on his lease before he was bankrupted by your attorney because you like to squat in bare feet??? My point being, the gym is not all about you-no matter how awesome you think, or others think that you are.

Last edited:
insurance.

put your freakin shoes on or get out. if i owned the gym i would have done the same.

also for sanitary reasons.

old school:rolleyes:

if it was an insurance issue that should have been stated, sanitary reason? seriously in dirty as sweaty gyms? you don't lay on the floor around the squat rack do you? He's not doing bare foot sprints around the gym.

Until you tried bare foot squats you shouldn't knock it. It's def preferred in this area also.

sorry Tony, gotta agree with the gym rules here. Ever heard of ATHLETE's FOOT? remember, Old School does not always mean it's better. Cavemen wore no shoes either, until the figured out wearing something on their feet was better.
Also, good arch support is not a BAD thing for squatting.
So maybe your feel are clean, but think about some other nasty douch with funky feet walking around the gym....gotta have rules for those losers....
the rest of us pay for them..

sorry Tony, gotta agree with the gym rules here. Ever heard of ATHLETE's FOOT? remember, Old School does not always mean it's better. Cavemen wore no shoes either, until the figured out wearing something on their feet was better.
Also, good arch support is not a BAD thing for squatting.
So maybe your feel are clean, but think about some other nasty douch with funky feet walking around the gym....gotta have rules for those losers....
the rest of us pay for them..

I agree, due to sanitary reasons ALL members must wear shoes to prevent the spreading of diseases. Athlete's foot, bloodborne pathogen type of diseases are a problem in all gyms. In my gym sanitizing wipes are placed all over the gym to wipe down equipment before and after using it, simply wiping your sweat off of the equipment with your towel is no longer acceptable.

Well, my thoughts? I knew a couple of guys in the early 80's squat without shoes, but they wore socks. If you get athletes foot, you wish you did. My problem I have here is why wasn't this address from the begininng if this was a rule? Or if they explained that in their rules when you signed up. If I was the manager, I wouldn't wait after the guy has been training for a while, but said something right away. Also, the manager should have approached you on this issue and been diplomatic about it. Just my .02

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131