advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I'm stuck and need help! DC, Phil, someone please!!!

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
For the first time in the many years I have been training, I am stuck in a rut and cant make any progress. The scale isnt moving, BF% is staying the same, and the mirror is pissing me off everytime I look at it. I went back and read Dante's old 'Cycle for Pennies' and finally convinced myself that it's diet related. Just today I've doubled all my protein servings, I'm shooting for 400-500g per day. My training has came to a grind a few times. When I trained too heavy, I started getting nagging injuries and recovered poorly, now I'm back up in the 10-12 rep range to try fresh'n things up. Seriously anyone who can lend some plateau breaking advice, please hit me with it.

For the first time in the many years I have been training, I am stuck in a rut and cant make any progress. The scale isnt moving, BF% is staying the same, and the mirror is pissing me off everytime I look at it. I went back and read Dante's old 'Cycle for Pennies' and finally convinced myself that it's diet related. Just today I've doubled all my protein servings, I'm shooting for 400-500g per day. My training has came to a grind a few times. When I trained too heavy, I started getting nagging injuries and recovered poorly, now I'm back up in the 10-12 rep range to try fresh'n things up. Seriously anyone who can lend some plateau breaking advice, please hit me with it.

Post up what your split is, daily diet, etc. Personally, if my diet is a little off, I make ZERO gains. Doubling your protein was good... but where's it coming from? How many meals? What are your carb/protein sources, etc?

50, weren't you trying to stay leaner nowadays? Last time I talked to you I thought I remember you talking about that.

A50

PM ME.......I HAVE A FEW TRICKS UP MY SLEEVE

maybe time to up the dosage a few hundred mg ... how expierenced are you?

Tried that, no change;) Just kidding. Yeah, I've been training about 20 yrs now. Someone I was talking with at work suggested the fact my lack of gains could be due to my age:eek:

50, weren't you trying to stay leaner nowadays? Last time I talked to you I thought I remember you talking about that.

Yep Kaiser. You helped me with some good advice to get there. I actually got very lean and my bf% was single digits, but I feel I lost a too much size. I've struggled to get my bodyweight back up 10lbs and doing that my bodyfat percent went up too. I'm smaller and smoother than I care to be right now.

A50 ... i'm only 21, but I was stuck @ 235lbs, and my lifts weren't gettin better. Anyways, I ran a T3 cycle for a few months, but didn't diet, ate more than normal and far from clean ... naturally, I didn't lose weight, I gained about a pound or 2 of muscle, but when I came off my body rebounded hard and I went to 257lbs! 85% of my gains were muscle too because I began to eat super clean after I came off ... All I ran during that 20lb gain was 250mg of Test E as well ... my lifts all improved by 30-40lbs too ... Deadlifted 635 for the first time today, and hit a 725 18" rack pull ... prior to my weight gain, I was doing a 565 deadlift, on a good day which wasn't even what I could do 2 years ago ... Now I am @ 245 because I shed most the fat I gained from the T3 rebound ... I hope this helps.

How about some time off ??? How long have you been at it consistently without a break?

A50 ... i'm only 21, but I was stuck @ 235lbs, and my lifts weren't gettin better. Anyways, I ran a T3 cycle for a few months, but didn't diet, ate more than normal and far from clean ... naturally, I didn't lose weight, I gained about a pound or 2 of muscle, but when I came off my body rebounded hard and I went to 257lbs! 85% of my gains were muscle too because I began to eat super clean after I came off ... All I ran during that 20lb gain was 250mg of Test E as well ... my lifts all improved by 30-40lbs too ... Deadlifted 635 for the first time today, and hit a 725 18" rack pull ... prior to my weight gain, I was doing a 565 deadlift, on a good day which wasn't even what I could do 2 years ago ... Now I am @ 245 because I shed most the fat I gained from the T3 rebound ... I hope this helps.

thats all fine and dandy but i wouldnt play around to much with your thyroid dude. your going to end up throughing your sysmtem out of wack

A50# My Man!!!
I know what happen, you cut out the twinkies and doughnuts! :D
goodluck to you Buddy.

How about some time off ??? How long have you been at it consistently without a break?
Bump this. Take some serious time off from lifting, or just do light maintenance reps for a while. Your body is fully adapted, and needs time off, then heavy shock back on. Also consider high-rep burn sets for a change. Many bros report a new surge of growth doing this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear