over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

importance of sleep

bbg420

Registered
since I started working 2 jobs I notice I only get about 4 hours a night ,will that have a big impact on muscle gains

I couldn't function let alone workout on 4 hours of sleep.

everyone is different

I don't know if a one size fits all works for sleep hours. There are many men in history that have gotten by on far less sleep and functioned very well. Sleep is important but rest is something different. Are you getting sufficient rest times during the day? You are going to be the only one that can gauge how it is working for you. That's assuming your nutrition is on target.

Last edited:
The most important aspects to optimize for gains:

Workout routine
Diet
Rest
Sleep
Steroids
Supplements

Last edited:
I only get around 4 hours as well, sometimes less. I'm not big to begin with, but I never noticed loss of muscle with the lack of sleep. I do however, get another 2-3 hours of sleep before I hit the gym. My gains could probably be better if I slept more, but Ive definitely made good progress without it.

You'll know the answer if you see your weights getting lighter in the gym or reps decreasing. Then you can scale back to adjust for recovery, if getting more sleep is not possible.

I get about 6 hours a night and I'm fine. I used to get more, and had to change some aspects of my training to allow for recovery, but it's not a huge problem. 4 hours is very little though, I'd try to get a little more if possible.

When you are extremely healthy, lack of sleep can take a long time to catch up to you, but it will eventually, and it won't be pretty.

6hrs

6hrs deep uninterrupted sleep is enough, any less and you will burn out eventually.

Mine is 6-8hrs a night but always broken up due to tren

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I aim for 8 hrs per night but usually no less than 7.

If I run on any less than 6hrs, my brain doesn't function properly

Cpap

6hrs with my cpap feels like 10 used to without it.

When you are extremely healthy, lack of sleep can take a long time to catch up to you, but it will eventually, and it won't be pretty.

How long do you think it takes to reverse a situation like that?

CPAP

any of u guys who snore really bad, I have some advice for u. I went and had a sleep study done and come to find out I have sleep apnea. for most of my life I would wake up in the morning and feel like I had beaten with a baseball bat, tired and run down. I found out that when u wake up u are supposed to feel refreshed and ready to go.

my doctor prescribed a CPAP machine and now when I sleep I don't wake up all thru the night and when I do wake up I actually feel refreshed and ready to go. it really did change my life. my advice is to go get a sleep study done if u snore bad. CPAP's can really change ur life. :D

I'm in bed with plenty of time to spare, but don't always get the restful sleep I need. Lots of exterior stresses, and I can't seem to turn my mind off at night.

Not intending to derail this thread, but what are some non-pharmaceutical ways to fall asleep? I've used melatonin in the past, but not convinced I want to rely on that each and every night.

If you don't want to go the pharmaceutical route, look into kava kava. It is the only over the counter "supplement" that helps calm your mind and relax you. It's like a mild xanax but without the benzo side effects. I use it on nights when I just can't get calm, it works, but you have to dose it pretty high sometimes.

I'm in bed with plenty of time to spare, but don't always get the restful sleep I need. Lots of exterior stresses, and I can't seem to turn my mind off at night.

Not intending to derail this thread, but what are some non-pharmaceutical ways to fall asleep? I've used melatonin in the past, but not convinced I want to rely on that each and every night.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking melatonin every night, I have for several years (10+).
The anti oxidant benefits from melatonin are far superior to any other anti oxidant.

I also take this Natural Calm: The Anti Stress Drink with melatonin prior to bed.

I've always gotten 6-7 hrs per night during the work week.
For the past few months I've been going to work early so it's more like 5-6 per night now. By the end of the week I'm dragging ass in the morning but my afternoon workouts seem unaffected.
On weekends I sleep more like 9-10 a night. Always feel refreshed come Monday

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking melatonin every night, I have for several years (10+).
The anti oxidant benefits from melatonin are far superior to any other anti oxidant.

I also take this Natural Calm: The Anti Stress Drink with melatonin prior to bed.

Glad to hear it. I just assumed daily use lead to a dependency, and sorta blamed it for my sleep issues when I did stop using it, even though I've always had problems falling asleep. I'm going to add it back in and go from there.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws