over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Importance of sleep

After my bilateral quad and tendon reattachment surgery my body got addicted to the pain opiates. After the initial withdrawals came the Post Withdrawals which include insomnia. I was awake for 8 days straight I shit you not. I was the walking dead.....Thank god for seroquil....100-200mg of that at night and a restful sleep is had.

I sleep 4-6 hours a night. Even when I'm off work it's the same. I just don't need much sleep. I feel fine and train 5 or 6 days a week.

I average around 7 hours, I wish I could just sleep all the way through instead
of waking up about every 2 to 3 hours

Just letting you guys know that even if you've "trained your body" to only sleep 4-6 hours and still feel fine, that doesn't mean it isn't negatively impacting your health. There's plenty of research out there that says this. Don't shoot the messenger.

about the study where people who sleep longer have a higher mortality rate.....the people i know who sleep like 11 plus hrs a night/ day have substance abuse issues and are eternally sleeping off hangovers or ending their bender and some have mental health issues. im sure both of those things equate to shorter lives and its not like the extra sleep is whats killing them.

I agree that you need good sleep to feel great, whether its 7 or 8 hours. Jay Culter, in some of his old videos, used to say 10 hours a night, and Dorian said 8 hours and a nap, and stressed the importance of sleep for growing.

After my bilateral quad and tendon reattachment surgery my body got addicted to the pain opiates. After the initial withdrawals came the Post Withdrawals which include insomnia. I was awake for 8 days straight I shit you not. I was the walking dead.....Thank god for seroquil....100-200mg of that at night and a restful sleep is had.

Withdrawals got to pay the piper sooner or later.Got some xanax from my doc,took 1mg ed for 1.5 months,holy shit.Same thing happened to me not one minute of sleep for days on end.The nights lasted for ever.Play with fire you know.:banghead:

Just letting you guys know that even if you've "trained your body" to only sleep 4-6 hours and still feel fine, that doesn't mean it isn't negatively impacting your health. There's plenty of research out there that says this. Don't shoot the messenger.
I agree with you it just what I have done for years. Between 12hr work shift, training, and a little family time it's what I have grown a custom too.

Sleep is my biggest down fall. Half the week I work the overnight shift and then on my days off I try and switch back so I can enjoy some daylight. Totally screwed up right now and it takes it toll. Still manage to eat and train on the regular but recovery sucks. At least once a week I crash for 15 hours straight after staying up for over 24 hours straight. Hope to get off this shift soon.

Been there. The hardest part I noticed for me was it seemed to screw my metabolism up, maybe because the increased cortisol and jacked up brain hormones like melatonin and serotonin are so screwed idk but it's definetly not healthy. I could see it in my face as well like it aged me faster than normal. If you want to push your self in the gym all the time this is definetly not a good way to live.

More gear, less sleep needed?

Anyone else find that if you were on a strong cycle that you could crush it in the gym on just 6 hours of sleep? For me, if I was off cycle I needed at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep but when I was geared up I did just fine and grew on 6 hours of sleep. Especially when on something like Tren that made it hard to sleep anyhow. That was one side of tren that I did like.

Been there. The hardest part I noticed for me was it seemed to screw my metabolism up, maybe because the increased cortisol and jacked up brain hormones like melatonin and serotonin are so screwed idk but it's definetly not healthy. I could see it in my face as well like it aged me faster than normal. If you want to push your self in the gym all the time this is definetly not a good way to live.

I hope to get off this shift sooner than later. I just said to my wife the other day how I look liked I've aged a lot over the last few years. It's not a normal way to live. We just can't reprogram our circadian rhythm. I know my cortisol levels must be riding high. I don't know how some people do it their whole career.

Mr trump sleeps 4 hours a night and is 70 years old. I guess he should of been dead at 30 if the stats are correct

Cutler and Coleman did just fine when they were competing only averaging 4 hours a night. I've talked to Jay in the gym before about sleeping and he says that's all he ever needed.....
Not enough time in the day for me to sleep 8-10 hours a day and do everything I wanna do.

Anyone else find that if you were on a strong cycle that you could crush it in the gym on just 6 hours of sleep? For me, if I was off cycle I needed at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep but when I was geared up I did just fine and grew on 6 hours of sleep. Especially when on something like Tren that made it hard to sleep anyhow. That was one side of tren that I did like.

First time I cycled was in college and noticed I seemed to be up and more alert
on cycle than when not on cycle, as I had to awake by opportunity clock (alarm clock) going off. I noticed it. Some compounds make me feel on top of the world, others neutral, others lethargic, and want to stay in bed.

Cutler and Coleman did just fine when they were competing only averaging 4 hours a night. I've talked to Jay in the gym before about sleeping and he says that's all he ever needed.....
Not enough time in the day for me to sleep 8-10 hours a day and do everything I wanna do.

They slept 4 hours a night during prep ? :eek:

I somehow find that hard to believe, considering the insane poundages Ronnie trained with coupled with twice a week frequency for every bodypart. Pretty sure he slept quite a bit. Jay slept 9-10 hours a day during off season early in his career to grow.

They slept 4 hours a night during prep ? :eek:

I somehow find that hard to believe, considering the insane poundages Ronnie trained with coupled with twice a week frequency for every bodypart. Pretty sure he slept quite a bit. Jay slept 9-10 hours a day during off season early in his career to grow.

I've followed Jays videos since 2005-2006, his dvd videos from a friend, then following him on youtube videos, muscular development. Most of his career he slept 8-10 hours. Toward the end of his competing days maybe in 2012 or 2013 , maybe after bicep injury, he changed his schedule, due to business, and he would train at night.

sorry I like my sleep and need it and its a must for me

I've followed Jays videos since 2005-2006, his dvd videos from a friend, then following him on youtube videos, muscular development. Most of his career he slept 8-10 hours. Toward the end of his competing days maybe in 2012 or 2013 , maybe after bicep injury, he changed his schedule, due to business, and he would train at night.

sorry I like my sleep and need it and its a must for me

100% agree! We live in a culture that celebrates sleep deprivation, I've had MDs tell me how 20 something year old guys have had bloodwork of a 80 year old simply due to an erratic work schedule and bad sleeping habits.

lol sleeping for 8-9hours

Where the dad's at with one or two toddlers (I have one infant and one toddler) that sleeps 8+ hours

6 hours for me does me justice.

I thought sleep was the the cousin of death :cool:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenja
NapsGear