over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin in the fridge?

Mattyc241

Newbies
Do humalog pens need to be kept in the fridge?? I’ve seen conflicting info from always in the fridge to once used can stay at room temp..what’s everyone doing?

I keep all my insulin and growth in the fridge , better safe that sorry is how i look at it.
Just less chance of being subjected to light and temperature so less chance of degradation

Do humalog pens need to be kept in the fridge?? I’ve seen conflicting info from always in the fridge to once used can stay at room temp..what’s everyone doing?
I keep mine in the fridge, but it’s not needed. My wife is a type 1 diabetic. Her’s has to stay in her purse. You just don’t want it getting above room temperature.

I’ve found ‘log pens wayyyy past the expiration date in drawers with some left in them and took a small amount without carbs to see how it affected glucose levels and it hit just as hard and quickly needed some carbs.

. How to store Humalog

Before the first use store your Humalog in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C). Do not freeze. Keep your cartridge in use at room temperature (below 30°C) and discard after 28 days. Do not put it near heat or in the sun. Do not keep your pen or the cartridges you are using in the fridge. The pen with the inserted cartridge should not be stored with the needle attached.

Attachments

• humalog.pdf
    177.7 KB · Views: 0
If they're responsible they have a bag with a cold pack.....OR they use it up so fast it doesn't matter and they let it get hot.
This is a joke right… 😂 what about people who wear an insulin pump?

Are they supposed to strap on a cold pack all day against it. 🤔

Let’s use some common sense guys. LOL

This is a joke right… 😂 what about people who wear an insulin pump?

Are they supposed to strap on a cold pack all day against it. 🤔

Let’s use some common sense guys. LOL
Not remotely a joke. How big are cartridges on a pump? How many IUs a day does the average american diabetic steamroll through? I bet it's WAYYYY more than the 10-20 I use preworkout...as such mine isn't getting used up NEAR as quickly. I'll keep refrigerating it thank you.

I get my Slin from Naps. Shit is shipped from fucking Eastern Europe in some sweaty ass crate container. Takes 3 weeks. It’s just like GH - ideally should be kept in a fridge but not the end of the world if it’s left out at room temp for a while.

I appreciate the responses haha! This is my first go around with insulin and the pumps are insane, love it so far!

Not remotely a joke. How big are cartridges on a pump? How many IUs a day does the average american diabetic steamroll through? I bet it's WAYYYY more than the 10-20 I use preworkout...as such mine isn't getting used up NEAR as quickly. I'll keep refrigerating it thank you.
You keep being an over achiever in life. 😂

Just be careful, all that insulin you’re using might not be good because it was in a box with USPS all those weeks. God knows where it was before your fridge. LOL

..............how long for the pens?
It probably has an “official” expiration date but the ones that I had that were a couple of years past that that I mentioned in the post above seemed to work just fine. I even used a blood glucose monitor confirm it.
The military did a study on drug expiration dates and it showed medication lasted MUCH longer with very little degradation. Dependent on each compound of course

I store my unopened pens in the fridge and once I use the Pen for the first time I keep it out at room temp. This what the directions state and has worked fine for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131