over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Pre Workout, Forgot my Carbs 😳

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
I've been doing my HGH and Insulin pre workout for quite awhile now. Today I had about 35 grams of carbs from Oatmeal about 15 minutes before heading to the gym. Right before I walked out the door I injected 10iu of fast acting insulin. I normally take an intra shake with glutamine, bcaa, creatine and 30-35 grams of HBCD for my carb source. I'm about 4-5 sets into my 1st body part of the day and took a sip of my intra and realized immediately I had forgotten the HBCD. I almost panicked but thought about it a minute and realized I had never gone hypo before so I gathered my bearings and remembered I had a pack of Jolly Rancher gummies in my gym bag and a packet of honey. I continued my workout (about 40 sets) and chomped on a gummy every few minutes without any issues. I guess the moral of my story is if you use insulin always be sure to have some backup carbs handy just in case. I could have aborted mission and went back home but my time in the gym is sacred and I never want to miss a training day. Those gummies in my bag saved the day.

There’s a grocery store next to my gym

And my gym has a vending machine with full-sugared energy drinks

Not optimal, but will do the jerb

Good to keep even those crunchy oatmeal bars in your bag as a "break glass" snack if you need it if you forget your intra shake or something.

I keep a pack of glucose tabs and a Gatorade in my bag.
Ive never had to use it but ive given some to guys in the past. One did same as you and forgot his intra carbs , another guy just bottomed out while training

Gatorade/Powerade would have done the job. Just a future reference…. I imagine your gym has something of the sort in a vending machine.

Also, just goes to show you the horror story crap abt dying from going hypo years ago was greatly exaggerated.. Insulin knowledge has come a long way since the 90’s.

Cage

Good to keep even those crunchy oatmeal bars in your bag as a "break glass" snack if you need it if you forget your intra shake or something.
That's doable as long as there's a decent amount of sugar in it. You don't want oats for carbs when you take fast acting insulin and forget intra carbs, you need something quicker.

Gatorade/Powerade would have done the job. Just a future reference…. I imagine your gym has something of the sort in a vending machine.

Also, just goes to show you the horror story crap abt dying from going hypo years ago was greatly exaggerated.. Insulin knowledge has come a long way since the 90’s.

Cage
I do 100g Kabolyn and 48g PeptoPro during my workout but sometimes I still go hypo and Gatorade / Powerade is my go-to. If your gym doesn't have a vending machine with some kind of electrolyte beverage you need to upgrade.

Also agree on the insulin horror stories. It's still the most misunderstood compound in bodybuilding, even more than DNP, but it should be clear at this point you can take 10IU Humalog, not eat, and you're not going to die. You might feel shitty for a while but even a diet soda be enough to bring you out of it by tricking the body.

That's doable as long as there's a decent amount of sugar in it. You don't want oats for carbs when you take fast acting insulin and forget intra carbs, you need something quicker.

I do 100g Kabolyn and 48g PeptoPro during my workout but sometimes I still go hypo and Gatorade / Powerade is my go-to. If your gym doesn't have a vending machine with some kind of electrolyte beverage you need to upgrade.

Also agree on the insulin horror stories. It's still the most misunderstood compound in bodybuilding, even more than DNP, but it should be clear at this point you can take 10IU Humalog, not eat, and you're not going to die. You might feel shitty for a while but even a diet soda be enough to bring you out of it by tricking the body.
Honey oat or even chocolate chip bars would be a better choice. It's a great thing if there's a shake bar or a vending machine that offers canned shakes. What about sugar cubes such as those Domino Sugar ones?

Does anyone know anybody who actually died from insulin? Very rare, huh?

For diabetics I believe there's something called the 15+15 rule. If you go hypo outside of your meal zones take 15 grams of sugar from something like orange juice and sit down for 15 minutes. If still low, repeat the procedure. So not very much sugar although you might feel like downing 200 grams immediately.

I experimented with self induced hypo many times in the past for various reasons. I would take 20iu of Humalog and see how long I lasted. Sat down 2 meters from my fridge reading the internet. I believe one time I made it an hour before symptoms, then decided to sit for a while longer, maybe 30 minutes went by, then I had to eat, man just standing up from the chair and opening the fridge door was really hard lol. I don't recommend this to anyone. Back in the day people were really afraid of insulin, some recommended writing on their palm e. g. "Humalog, 10iu 10AM" in case someone found you unconscious. Maybe still useful if really pushing it.

These days world is saturated with sugar everywhere. Even shops non food usually has some stuff next to checkouts. Gym vending machines , restaurants everywhere. Unless you train in places where even God forgot there is really slim chance that things will go wrong. Even now i am sitting in my kitchen and 5 minutes from here there are at least 15-20 places with sugary goods.

I keep a pack of glucose tabs and a Gatorade in my bag.
Ive never had to use it but ive given some to guys in the past. One did same as you and forgot his intra carbs , another guy just bottomed out while training
Same. I keep glucose tabs in my bag too.

Last week, I accidentally injected 30 units Humulin-R pre-WO. I thought I was loading my HGH but it was insulin. My mind was not on the task at hand. After i injected (IM), I had a ton of carbs. Oddly enough, i had the best pump I have ever had that workout. It was back day and the pump was insane. It makes me want to raise my pre-WO slin dose but I'm a bit nervous.

Agreed. You should go add this to my insulin thread as it’s guys like you that I hope chime in with their real life experience.

My wife and I both always keep Gatorade and an extra pin of Humalog or fiasp with us as it’s so easy to forget carbs OR the insulin. LOL I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shown up at the gym with 100g of karbolyn, EAA’s and creatine only to realize I forgot to pin my insulin. 😂 Luckily my wife always has pins on her as a type 1. But now I always keep extra insulin and Gatorade or karbolyn with me.

Last week, I accidentally injected 30 units Humulin-R pre-WO. I thought I was loading my HGH but it was insulin. My mind was not on the task at hand. After i injected (IM), I had a ton of carbs. Oddly enough, i had the best pump I have ever had that workout. It was back day and the pump was insane. It makes me want to raise my pre-WO slin dose but I'm a bit nervous.
Remember the 10:1 is just a starting rule and ratio. I know guys who do far less. You dial it in as you go based on your insulin sensitivity.

But I’d never use more insulin than needed. Always max out your dosage before increasing.

And this is safer if you have 2-3 meals in you prior to training each day. For guys like me who train AM we have to be meticulous and nail it to avoid any risk of going hypo.

I've been doing my HGH and Insulin pre workout for quite awhile now. Today I had about 35 grams of carbs from Oatmeal about 15 minutes before heading to the gym. Right before I walked out the door I injected 10iu of fast acting insulin. I normally take an intra shake with glutamine, bcaa, creatine and 30-35 grams of HBCD for my carb source. I'm about 4-5 sets into my 1st body part of the day and took a sip of my intra and realized immediately I had forgotten the HBCD. I almost panicked but thought about it a minute and realized I had never gone hypo before so I gathered my bearings and remembered I had a pack of Jolly Rancher gummies in my gym bag and a packet of honey. I continued my workout (about 40 sets) and chomped on a gummy every few minutes without any issues. I guess the moral of my story is if you use insulin always be sure to have some backup carbs handy just in case. I could have aborted mission and went back home but my time in the gym is sacred and I never want to miss a training day. Those gummies in my bag saved the day.
Insulin or not always keep gummis near by lol. They aren’t bad at getting an insulin dump on their own.

For diabetics I believe there's something called the 15+15 rule. If you go hypo outside of your meal zones take 15 grams of sugar from something like orange juice and sit down for 15 minutes. If still low, repeat the procedure. So not very much sugar although you might feel like downing 200 grams immediately.

I experimented with self induced hypo many times in the past for various reasons. I would take 20iu of Humalog and see how long I lasted. Sat down 2 meters from my fridge reading the internet. I believe one time I made it an hour before symptoms, then decided to sit for a while longer, maybe 30 minutes went by, then I had to eat, man just standing up from the chair and opening the fridge door was really hard lol. I don't recommend this to anyone. Back in the day people were really afraid of insulin, some recommended writing on their palm e. g. "Humalog, 10iu 10AM" in case someone found you unconscious. Maybe still useful if really pushing it.
Different scenario, but I’ve carried my wife out of the woods from hiking an hour in with her hypo before because of a bad needle or injection site. We always keep about 200g of simple carbs on us when we hike and this day that wasn’t enough because the insulin got bound up in the tissue due to a bad site.

So she gave herself more with a new needle. It all snowballed. She was out and on the ground and we had no cell reception. It was one moment I didn’t enjoy being a bodybuilder and wished I was I was more functional. 😂

Her emergency pin was in the car so we just have to make it back there which we barely did.

I could write a book on other stories throughout our life with her and close calls as a type 1.

You always have to and should prepare the best you can with insulin. Because it could kill you yes under the right circumstances. But be responsible and prepared and you’ll be fine 99% of the time.

Remember the 10:1 is just a starting rule and ratio. I know guys who do far less. You dial it in as you go based on your insulin sensitivity.

But I’d never use more insulin than needed. Always max out your dosage before increasing.

And this is safer if you have 2-3 meals in you prior to training each day. For guys like me who train AM we have to be meticulous and nail it to avoid any risk of going hypo.
Do you use more insulin on leg/back day?

Do you use more insulin on leg/back day?
Currently I ONLY use insulin on quad leg day and back. I do hams and glutes separate but no insulin outside of those two days.

I had a buddy running an N + R combo pass out while eating oatmeal, went face first into the bowl. We had nurse friends so we always kept D50 around and was fine in the end but that’s part of why until recently I wasn’t gonna try slin again. Another time like 20 years ago I took 30 iu of R and thought I was cool I took it immediately after training then drank cell tech and then a meal with lots of rice and a few bananas. Smoked some weed like 6-7 hours later, thought I was high until I started profusely sweating told my wife an RN I was bad hypo and getting worse, literally had no carbs in the apartment so I had her run to the gas station for grape juice and gummis, by the time she got back say 10 minutes I was going out. Dunno it woulda killed me but it scared me and the point being is don’t assume that it’s been x amount of hours the slin is no longer acting bc it can so as others have said keep carbs around. I’m going to use Karbolyn for my upcoming slin cut but will keep a thing of grape juice in the fridge jic. Though the protocol I am stealing seems rock solid and will be just fast acting slin. I wil say a rule I’ll never break is taking insulin and going to bed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws