over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slin with pre meal or pre workout?

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
Which do you guys prefer? I have been taking slin with my pre workout meal, but have been thinking about switching it to immediately pre workout with my intra carbs

I take it in the truck before walking in the gym. Novolin-R injection IM , by the time im finished warming up ive been sipping my intra and the insulin is starting to work about the first qorking set.
I think I’ll give that approach a shot and see what I like more

I take it in the truck before walking in the gym. Novolin-R injection IM , by the time im finished warming up ive been sipping my intra and the insulin is starting to work about the first qorking set.
This has made the most logic, to love_to_bodybuild .

Which do you guys prefer? I have been taking slin with my pre workout meal, but have been thinking about switching it to immediately pre workout with my intra carbs
I take my Novolog shot after my prewo meal (rice cereals and chicken) then 1h later i start my workout and I sip my 30g HBCD + 2g Salt + 10g EAA + Glutammine. intrawo.

there are different protocols and there is no one correct or best - at the end of the day everything will bring similar results if the overall daily dose is similar

personally, if I were using short insulin twice a day, I would take the first dose with a pre-workout meal 60-90 minutes before training and the second dose with a post-workout meal - this is the best protocol for dosing twice a day from my personal experience and work with clients

I have always run Slin like Luki - split 2x daily pre/post workout meal.

AB

for me, i usually eat 60-75min pre workout (protein+carbs and a small amount of fats). 15min pre Workout i eat 2-3 rice cakes with honey and shoot my humalog. Intra i sip on carbs/Eaas/glut/crea/carnitine. Then 45min after the workout i take my second shot of humalog with my post workout meal.

if I were using short insulin twice a day, I would take the first dose with a pre-workout meal 60-90 minutes before training and the second dose with a post-workout meal
By short do you mean something like a humulin r? Do you have them take it IM or subq?

I remember @danieltx mentioned he was using humalin r and got some gains but when he switched to humalog and lantus that's when he saw a big difference and made progress. Why is that? Back in the 90s there was no humalog and lantus and everybody used humalin r and still there was alot of mass monsters.

If you're using R I doubt it's going to make much of a difference. Taking effect in 30 min subq and working for 3-4 hours.

IF you're shooting R, i would rather shoot Pre WO knowing you'll be covered with whatever INTRA drink you have as well as the PWO meal.
IMO, the preWO meal doesnt serve that big or a purpose. I want the training benefits as well as the glycogen uptake immmmediately PWO.

I remember @danieltx mentioned he was using humalin r and got some gains but when he switched to humalog and lantus that's when he saw a big difference and made progress. Why is that? Back in the 90s there was no humalog and lantus and everybody used humalin r and still there was alot of mass monsters.
It's unnfair to compare me to 90s mass monsters as my genetics aren't at their level.

R insulins are an older form - that's why they're sold so cheaply at Wal Mart. Logs are a more modern form that works more quickly and efficiently. R isn't going to shove nutrients in within an hour where Log will - hence it being more advantageous to use around the workout. This is why I think Log helped me progress more than R had.

As an example of how effective Humalog is - I finished lunch around 1:20PM today and had 129g of carbs and 80g of protein in it. Being my preworkout meal I also took 7IU Humalog with it. About 10 minutes ago my blood sugar was feeling really low so I checked it and it was 81 just over an hour after that meal. That's how efficiently Log insulin works.

Lantus is different entirely due to its interaction with IGF1 receptors, length of dispersal, etc. Most guys who use Lantus for the first time notice how dramatically fuller and rounder it makes them.

Brother you definitely have crazy genetics, maybe not Ronnie Coleman genetics but they are definitely good you're 300lbs and fairly lean lol not a lot of people can say that that's for sure. And Wow look at what only 7ius Humalog can do and bring down your blood sugar after 120g carb lunch after only 1 hour
It's unnfair to compare me to 90s mass monsters as my genetics aren't at their level.

R insulins are an older form - that's why they're sold so cheaply at Wal Mart. Logs are a more modern form that works more quickly and efficiently. R isn't going to shove nutrients in within an hour where Log will - hence it being more advantageous to use around the workout. This is why I think Log helped me progress more than R had.

As an example of how effective Humalog is - I finished lunch around 1:20PM today and had 129g of carbs and 80g of protein in it. Being my preworkout meal I also took 7IU Humalog with it. About 10 minutes ago my blood sugar was feeling really low so I checked it and it was 81 just over an hour after that meal. That's how efficiently Log insulin works.

Lantus is different entirely due to its interaction with IGF1 receptors, length of dispersal, etc. Most guys who use Lantus for the first time notice how dramatically fuller and rounder it makes them.

I do both. I follow the Milos Sarcev protocol. Yes it works. Actually it is amazing.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws