over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Pre Workout, Forgot my Carbs šŸ˜³

Currently I ONLY use insulin on quad leg day and back. I do hams and glutes separate but no insulin outside of those two days.
Do you think that's a bad idea to use insulin on all workout days? I see a lot of guys doing that...

Do you think that's a bad idea to use insulin on all workout days? I see a lot of guys doing that..
It depends on your goal and your diet structure.

My goal currently is fat free muscle in a progressive state hence my current set up.

But if your goal was to go for sheer size and gaining then Iā€™d do it on all workout days pre workout only and work up to pinning pre-workout meal and then again pre-workout and using intra carbs.

If you still hit a ceiling then could introduce post workout, but again would heavily limit my fat intake these days to trace fats and keep 4-6 grams of omega 3ā€™s in.

Thatā€™s what I personally would do though as I like minimizing fat gain. Many others do it differently and more aggressive.

This thread and my last post should be in my all things insulin thread. Lol I cover it all there and goes along with it. šŸ˜Š

Does anyone know anybody who actually died from insulin? Very rare, huh?

For diabetics I believe there's something called the 15+15 rule. If you go hypo outside of your meal zones take 15 grams of sugar from something like orange juice and sit down for 15 minutes. If still low, repeat the procedure. So not very much sugar although you might feel like downing 200 grams immediately.

I experimented with self induced hypo many times in the past for various reasons. I would take 20iu of Humalog and see how long I lasted. Sat down 2 meters from my fridge reading the internet. I believe one time I made it an hour before symptoms, then decided to sit for a while longer, maybe 30 minutes went by, then I had to eat, man just standing up from the chair and opening the fridge door was really hard lol. I don't recommend this to anyone. Back in the day people were really afraid of insulin, some recommended writing on their palm e. g. "Humalog, 10iu 10AM" in case someone found you unconscious. Maybe still useful if really pushing it.
I iv insulin before fasted cardio. Not 20iu, thatā€™s Hardcore lol. But Iā€™ve taken my insulin and timed it before to see how long it takes to take effect.

I'd always keep a few rolls of sweet tarts in gym bag and car did the trick. One day was going a bit hypo heading home from gym after gradually increasing my pre workout dosage. Was about to grab the sweet tarts but had an apple on hand so tried that. Surprisingly I felt fine immediately, figured it would be too "slow" but worked just as well as the malto/dex(candy)

I iv insulin before fasted cardio. Not 20iu, thatā€™s Hardcore lol. But Iā€™ve taken my insulin and timed it before to see how long it takes to take effect.
Youā€™ve peaked my curiosity- how did you ā€œtime itā€ to see how long before it took effect?

I havenā€™t seen you wear a CGM which would be the only way Iā€™d even suggest doing itā€¦ so now I just have to know and why on earth would you want to run this experiment? šŸ˜‚

Did you constantly prick your fingers every 60 seconds with a meter or did you just wait until you got cold sweats and almost passed out? LOL

Youā€™ve peaked my curiosity- how did you ā€œtime itā€ to see how long before it took effect?

I havenā€™t seen you wear a CGM which would be the only way Iā€™d even suggest doing itā€¦ so now I just have to know and why on earth would you want to run this experiment? šŸ˜‚

Did you constantly prick your fingers every 60 seconds with a meter or did you just wait until you got cold sweats and almost passed out? LOL
Should have had that bottle of OJ right next to him when the cold sweats hit.

A little of both, just check every 5. if itā€™s IM novoloin R/ Humalog/novolog, itā€™s about 11 minutes for me before hypo feeling. About 5 minutes you can see a drop in glucose

Fyi the drop in blood glucose- its fast enough, you will see the glucose drop to hypo levels before the hypo feeling starts.

When i run slin i always have packets of pure dextrose tablets placed a strategic points, in the car, in the gym bag, by my many glasses of supplements and by my bed.

It depends on your goal and your diet structure.

My goal currently is fat free muscle in a progressive state hence my current set up.

But if your goal was to go for sheer size and gaining then Iā€™d do it on all workout days pre workout only and work up to pinning pre-workout meal and then again pre-workout and using intra carbs.

If you still hit a ceiling then could introduce post workout, but again would heavily limit my fat intake these days to trace fats and keep 4-6 grams of omega 3ā€™s in.

Thatā€™s what I personally would do though as I like minimizing fat gain. Many others do it differently and more aggressive.

This thread and my last post should be in my all things insulin thread. Lol I cover it all there and goes along with it. šŸ˜Š

Are you saying potentially twice pre-workout? With a meal, then again just before working out. I saw where you said with Milos you took your insulin at home, so it was to load carbs even before the workout? When would these guys typically take it, how many minutes before?

Are you saying potentially twice pre-workout? With a meal, then again just before working out. I saw where you said with Milos you took your insulin at home, so it was to load carbs even before the workout? When would these guys typically take it, how many minutes before?
there are thousands of protocols and there is not really one good or bad one - all in all, the conclusion is the same as with gear, i.e. you take more = you get bigger lol

It's an old truth that most people don't want to accept out of fearšŸ˜ƒ

there are thousands of protocols and there is not really one good or bad one - all in all, the conclusion is the same as with gear, i.e. you take more = you get bigger lol

It's an old truth that most people don't want to accept out of fearšŸ˜ƒ

Absolutely, just curious if this "pre-loading" is popular and if it involves a second shot for the "hyperemia advantage" actually during the workout. I was going to say high dose Lantus every day is probably the fastest way to grow. If we disregard side effects. I don't know how exactly in studies they concentrate for example insulin only into a certain area of the body, like a forearm IIRC, but if it was practical/possible you could experiment with doses a thousand times normal levels lol. Just like they did in the studies.

Every person is different and has different insulin sensitivity. I also live 10 minutes from my gym which is why I pin before walking out the door. Most donā€™t have that luxury so would suggest pinning once you get to the gym. Humalog on average takes about 15 minutes before it kicks in.

The other question about my current protocol is over in my ā€œall things insulinā€ thread.

Every person is different and has different insulin sensitivity. I also live 10 minutes from my gym which is why I pin before walking out the door. Most donā€™t have that luxury so would suggest pinning once you get to the gym. Humalog on average takes about 15 minutes before it kicks in.

The other question about my current protocol is over in my ā€œall things insulinā€ thread.
ive seen my BG go down from 126 to 85 in 30mins after taking 10u R IM.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws