over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin resistance , when and how

I've used Karbolyn and Gatorade and don't have an issue digesting either, and right now it's normally 150g of carbs intraworkout. Some do have digestion issues with them though.

I think you're looking at it in a too specific manner. If a product digests quicker it means your stomach empties quicker and you can get in the next meal quicker. Sometimes that can be the difference in fitting in one extra meal for the day and that can definitely mean more LBM.
That does make sense. I was looking at it more from the perspective of companies claiming the faster digestion would lead to actual real world gains vs Gatorade or just plain old food. But definitely agree when eating 6k daily digestibility and transit time can come in play.

Here is my understanding from research and speaking to endocrinologists who specialize in diabetes. There are two major types of insulin resistance. Pathological and physiological. Pathological insulin resistance occurs from the presence of too much glucose, not insulin. Insulin was once thought to cause pathological insulin resistance, but this has since been "debunked" and glucose is thought to be the cause. Physiological insulin resistance occurs from a lack of glucose and is how the body preserves glucose for the brain. Lowering pathological insulin resistance is about reducing glucose concentrations. Physiological insulin resistance is lowered through a constant supply of glucose.

Just thinking out loud, bare with me...yes since carbs are thrown off as heat (instead of stored with the help of insulin) it makes since that your bodies demand for insulin goes down leading to overall lower insulin levels. Less circulating insulin leads to increase insulin sensitivity. Fat loss alone improves insulin sensitivity. So the combination is a effective way to increase insulin sensitivity.

I would of never thought of using dnp to improve insulin sensitivity until it was said here. Thank you to the guy that posted that.
Insulin actually IMPROVES insulin sensitivity because it lowers circulating glucose.

Insulin actually IMPROVES insulin sensitivity because it lowers circulating glucose.

Yes technically, but its we get TOO much insulin circulating that we run into problems with insulin insentivity.

Yes technically, but its we get TOO much insulin circulating that we run into problems with insulin insentivity.
Yes but as I stated above, insulin, even an overabundance, doesn't cause insulin resistance (as was once thought), it is actually the glucose that causes it.

Now too much insulin can cause you to have to eat more glucose in order to not go hypo, and this can lead to problems, but insulin itself, even in high concentrations, isn't the cause according to current medical science.

It is interesting to note that insulin is actually prescribed to treat type II diabetes in some cases (not just type I), although nowadays there are generally better drugs available.

It is interesting to note that insulin is actually prescribed to treat type II diabetes in some cases (not just type I), although nowadays there are generally better drugs available.

Could you go more into specifics with this?

Could you go more into specifics with this?
Biguanides (the main one is metformin) are mostly what is used for type II.

When you're trying to get as big as possible intraworkout carbs are an easy way to add hundreds of easily digested calories to you diet, plus they have performance benefits. If carb powders let you get in more carbs than otherwise possible, then yeah, you can add more LBM in a year.

I know you two aren't trying to be big bodybuilders but that's what this board is about and the idea that they're 'useless' is simply not true.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys read the messages.

I'm laughing at the rookies who do complex and expensive suplements protocols thinking that's the way to make a gains.

If you are consuming 6,000 calories, you are probably not natural, you have been training for many years and you are not fat or a slim 170 pound guy.

You should not feel annoyed because my mockery does not go towards all those who do these protocols, but those who do them but do not need them, do not take advantage of them and do not even understand it.

It's always been my understanding that insulin usage (self-induced hyperinsulinemia) can cause down-regulation of insulin receptors. You're not glucose or amino acid resistant, you're insulin resistant. You could be correct to say it's caused by over-eating or poor diet, large amounts of food but ultimately, the resistance is at the insulin receptor. I don't want to cherry pick data points from scientific articles or books but the theme is generally always the same; too much food, causes too much insulin, which down-regulates insulin receptors, which requires even more insulin, which cooks your beta cells, and then boom. You're diabetic or pre-diabetic.

If someone can provide a link to an article that states super-physiological doses of exogenous insulin improves insulin sensitivity, I'd like to read that.

From NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1204764/

"Chronic excess energy consumption (over-eating) promotes hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance through stimulation of insulin secretion, triglyceride synthesis and fat accumulation with down-regulation of insulin receptors and post receptor signaling."

From ADA: https://www.diabetes.org/healthy-living/medication-treatments/insulin-resistance

"People with insulin resistance, also known as impaired insulin sensitivity, have built up a tolerance to insulin, making the hormone less effective. As a result, more insulin is needed to persuade fat and muscle cells to take up glucose and the liver to continue to store it.

Insulin is by far the least well understood hormone in the somatotropin-somatostatin-glucagon-insulin system. It acts paradoxically in many ways. Simplistic models of hyperglycemia/insulin resistance and skeletal muscle GLUT4 translocation/glycogen synthesis do a massive disservice to the community. Insulin should not be promoted as a glucose-sensitizing agent for casual use.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws